MadCast: RedJustice

Close of a Chapter: Guild Wars 2

Oh so... you guys aren't playing GW2 anymore?  Like officially?  So no more events or fractals or anything?  Damn right as I was getting back into it, I thought you guys would still be playing it, so the only game that's actively played is LoL now?

Oh so... you guys aren't playing GW2 anymore?  Like officially?  So no more events or fractals or anything?  Damn right as I was getting back into it, I thought you guys would still be playing it, so the only game that's actively played is LoL now?

No no no. We still play together. Still do fractals and people still do dungeons and whatnots together. We just don't have the admin support that we needed. 

We have tons of games activity. LoL Minecraft, GW2, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, Heroes of the Storm, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and more. 

No no no. We still play together. Still do fractals and people still do dungeons and whatnots together. We just don't have the admin support that we needed. 

We have tons of games activity. LoL Minecraft, GW2, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, Heroes of the Storm, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and more. 

I don't get it... so I'm guessing you stopped actively recruiting, and maintaining the in game guild?  So it's just people who play the game, and do their own thing, but they're still in and using MadCast tag, basically just for show, along with the TS section?  And before I came back to GW2, I saw the updates with the new guild mission, or bounties, or whatever, so I'm guessing they're outta the question too?  I mean if you guys decided it wasn't worth it for the guild to support the game anymore, does much ever get done?

I don't get it... so I'm guessing you stopped actively recruiting, and maintaining the in game guild?  So it's just people who play the game, and do their own thing, but they're still in and using MadCast tag, basically just for show, along with the TS section?  And before I came back to GW2, I saw the updates with the new guild mission, or bounties, or whatever, so I'm guessing they're outta the question too?  I mean if you guys decided it wasn't worth it for the guild to support the game anymore, does much ever get done?

The admins that were previously taking care of the GW2 branch stepped down due to their own personal reasons. With the lack of admin supervision and aid, the branch was closed to associates. The MadCast tag is a tag to be proud of and without some supervision, we cannot admin those associates that would not due justice to the MadCast tag. 

For example, a full member has been approved that they are mature and capable to understand how to behave towards others as a respectable gamer. If associates were allowed in the guild without a consistent admin supervision, and an associate started flaming and trolling others, saying racist or slanderous things in map chat, then others saw that he was wearing the MadCast tag. That is unacceptable. 

We do not just "run around and do our own thing". We are a guild like any other guild that for the moment has closed recruitment. We in the GW2 group sometimes play together, we sometimes do not. 

"  I mean if you guys decided it wasn't worth it for the guild to support the game anymore, does much ever get done?"

Any branch that has an active group of full members is -worth- the support. But unless that group can develop a supportive admin team either by applying and/or transferring their focus, there is not an -official- branch of admin support. 

So I repeat earlier, we still play together. Recruitment to associates is just closed at this point in time. 

I'm just going to note here that I still plan to keep providing guild missions at their usual day and time for anybody looking to do them. I log in every week to check and see who is wanting to get them done and we can manage to do most missions with just a handful of people; been doing so for a few weeks now and it's a blast!

Also, if I am not mistaken, Lucemiya intends to keep hosting get togethers for PvP.

Other than that there are those of us that still do dungeons most every night.

The admins that were previously taking care of the GW2 branch stepped down due to their own personal reasons. With the lack of admin supervision and aid, the branch was closed to associates. The MadCast tag is a tag to be proud of and without some supervision, we cannot admin those associates that would not due justice to the MadCast tag. 

For example, a full member has been approved that they are mature and capable to understand how to behave towards others as a respectable gamer. If associates were allowed in the guild without a consistent admin supervision, and an associate started flaming and trolling others, saying racist or slanderous things in map chat, then others saw that he was wearing the MadCast tag. That is unacceptable. 

We do not just "run around and do our own thing". We are a guild like any other guild that for the moment has closed recruitment. We in the GW2 group sometimes play together, we sometimes do not. 

"  I mean if you guys decided it wasn't worth it for the guild to support the game anymore, does much ever get done?"

Any branch that has an active group of full members is -worth- the support. But unless that group can develop a supportive admin team either by applying and/or transferring their focus, there is not an -official- branch of admin support. 

So I repeat earlier, we still play together. Recruitment to associates is just closed at this point in time. 

I'm just confused, I just saw something about closing a chapter for Guild Wars, so I just assumed ya'll didn't have enough people left to keep the branch going.  I guess I'm used to being in clans for single games, so I really don't know how you guys do your thing.  Back in Counter Strike days, I would just join a private server and game you know, so I just was trying to get into a guild for GW2, I just don't know how MMO clans work I guess.  I'm not really sure how to try and group up with ppl since I don't have a mic at the moment, so I'll kinda be useless.

You can still be "a part of that guild" by just being an active associate/candidate and you can gain entry into the guild when you become a full member of MadCast.  MadCast is a multi-platform gaming community.  Whether its League of Legends, Minecraft, GW2, World of Tanks, Heros of the Storm, SWToR and more; there are plenty of activities to get involved with here as a community besides GW2.  GW2 in its current state houses its benefits for MCG members only now that it no longer has direct Admin Support and community focus.  It is there for use by the Membership along with Guild Mission rewards and daily bonuses if deemed cost effective that enough members are on to benefit from its added effect.

I would recommend getting a working mic.  But for now, at least use the forums and the chats in game and team speak until that is resolved.

Edited by MadCast: Sabre Wolf

I'm just going to note here that I still plan to keep providing guild missions at their usual day and time for anybody looking to do them. I log in every week to check and see who is wanting to get them done and we can manage to do most missions with just a handful of people; been doing so for a few weeks now and it's a blast!

Also, if I am not mistaken, Lucemiya intends to keep hosting get togethers for PvP.

Other than that there are those of us that still do dungeons most every night.

Guild Missions are on Wed at 9PM?  I'd be down for that, and always for dungeons, but I don't know who should I add for that stuff.

You can still be "a part of that guild" by just being an active associate/candidate and you can gain entry into the guild when you become a full member of MadCast.  MadCast is a multi-platform gaming community.  Whether its League of Legends, Minecraft, GW2, World of Tanks, Heros of the Storm, SWToR and more; there are plenty of activities to get involved with here as a community besides GW2.  GW2 in its current state houses its benefits for MCG members only now that it no longer has direct Admin Support and community focus.  It is there for use by the Membership along with Guild Mission rewards and daily bonuses if deemed cost effective that enough members are on to benefit from its added effect.

I would recommend getting a working mic.  But for now, at least use the forums and the chats in game and team speak until that is resolved.

I think it's cool that you guys play different games, and aren't exclusive for GW2, it adds some variety.  However, I don't play any of those other games, so that's why I'm wondering if I'll even get accepted.  I just got back into GW2, and of course, right when I get back into it they they changed all this stuff.  Well, GW's all I'll be playing on PC, I also play Destiny on my Xbox One which takes up the other half of my gaming time.

Guild Missions are on Wed at 9PM?  I'd be down for that, and always for dungeons, but I don't know who should I add for that stuff.

That is correct, you are welcome to join us; feel free to add me to your list!

I just want to note that if there are other games that interest you, throw them out there! We don't just play what is listed and we have so many members with a variety of gaming interests. If you feel like stepping outside of GW2, feel free to hunt for posts in Gaming Discussions or make one of your own seeking groups to play with.

But if you don't want to step out of GW2, that's cool too, we have many people who still play regularly and who are happy to hang out.

That is correct, you are welcome to join us; feel free to add me to your list!

I just want to note that if there are other games that interest you, throw them out there! We don't just play what is listed and we have so many members with a variety of gaming interests. If you feel like stepping outside of GW2, feel free to hunt for posts in Gaming Discussions or make one of your own seeking groups to play with.

But if you don't want to step out of GW2, that's cool too, we have many people who still play regularly and who are happy to hang out.

It's not that I don't want to step out of GW2, it's that I never really stepped into it until recently.  And now, I'm really into it, and want to level up to 80, and am working on getting to end game.  Never did crafting, dungeons, or just random exploration, I was very narrow minded when I started.  I know a lot of you guys have been there, done that, and I guess that what sucks the most.  I'm way behind, about 2 years too late, because I stopped playing for that long.

I used to play all kinds of games, SWG way back in the day, I played SWToR for awhile, but I got to level 50 and cancelled my sub, lost its fun after story ended.  I have games on Steam, like Counter-Strike, but the only FPS I play anymore is Destiny, and Titanfall occasionally.  Games like DOTA and LoL have 0% appeal to me.  Played Hearthstone, got bored of that, along with D3.  Idk...

Well, as Red said back in your intro post, there is no pressure for you to join if you feel that we won't be a good fit for you.

The good thing about Guild Wars 2 though is that no matter how long you've been playing it you'll often find yourself going back to doing what you were doing when you first started out. I've personally been running dungeons, but also spending a lot of time leveling characters. If you ever want help or company leveling, I'm pretty much always up to do that.

The good thing about Guild Wars 2 though is that no matter how long you've been playing it you'll often find yourself going back to doing what you were doing when you first started out.

truth-dubstep.png

Kidding aside.. I have walked away and come back to GW2 about 2-3 times now and always find new things to try and such.

There is also a start up group for Counter Strike if you are interested.  See this thread.

Yeah I mean since I'll be on GW2 most of the time, besides TS I use the forums a lot, but I guess that's not enough to join.  I mean, what if I don't like whatever tabletop games or poker or whatever he was saying, I mean is that the only way to like be part of the community?  Idk sorry I guess I'm trying too hard here.

truth-dubstep.png

Kidding aside.. I have walked away and come back to GW2 about 2-3 times now and always find new things to try and such.

There is also a start up group for Counter Strike if you are interested.  See this thread.

I don't understand that post... it doesn't even say which CS it is?  I mean I have the old ones, CS, CS:CZ, and CS:S, but I'm guessing this is for Global Offense, which I don't have.  That's what most people play now a days.

This has been repeated but what it comes down to it seems is that If you don't like our brand of vodka than you can either make your own vodka and offer it to the community to try; or you just pass and move on.  The choice is yours.  What YOU want to get out of MadCast Gaming is the effort YOU put into it.  Make the effort to ask around the community about Counter Strike in that thread.  Or Destiny.  Doesn't hurt to stick your neck out there and try mate.

EDIT: But this is kinda derailing the thread away from GW2 topics...  Lets bring that convo back to your intro thread.

Edited by MadCast: Sabre Wolf

This has been repeated but what it comes down to it seems is that If you don't like our brand of vodka than you can either make your own vodka and offer it to the community to try; or you just pass and move on.  The choice is yours.  What YOU want to get out of MadCast Gaming is the effort YOU put into it.  Make the effort to ask around the community about Counter Strike in that thread.  Or Destiny.  Doesn't hurt to stick your neck out there and try mate.

EDIT: But this is kinda derailing the thread away from GW2 topics...  Lets bring that convo back to your intro thread.

ur right man sorry, I'm way outta line.  I just never done anything like this, every other time I joined a clan it was straight forward, based on ur skill or activity in a certain game.  Sorry i'll stop now.

Its ok. The effort is there and apperent. We could care less about your gaming skills. Its all about your attitude and charactor here. Effort, humility and friendship goes a long way.

The dead shall rise again! Where is Zhaitan when you need him- Oh... wait.

My comment is a semi-spoiler... Bail out now if you haven't finished personal story...

When I read this, I could hear Thrush and Danny saying, "He's dead as 'ell!"

Edited by MadCast: Krauser

My comment is a semi-spoiler... Bail out now if you haven't finished personal story...

When I read this, I could hear Thrush and Danny saying, "He's dead as 'ell!"

For future reference, you can make a spoiler in these forums. ^.^

Like this!

[spoiler]Like this![/spoiler]
Edited by MadCast: Kit

Cool I just edited my original post to try it, and it works. Now the only Spoiler is your quote of my original post, muahahahaha!

Been away for quite some time it's disheartening to come back and read this post, but still great to see that the guild is alive and kicking