MadCast: Listerfiend21

Behind The Tag: The Person @ The Keyboard: MadCast: Junodavidw

This month for Behind The Tag, I will be interviewing the "Vile Temptress" of MadCast. Our very own, MadCast: Junodavidw. I hope you enjoy the read!

MadCast: Listerfiend21: How did you find out about MadCast?

MadCast: Juno: I originally found out about MadCast by looking for competitive teams on the League of Legends forum. I originally hit Diamond V and was looking at trying to get into the LCS playing on competitive teams. I was part of a community a year prior to that in 2012, and I guess a little bit of nostalgia hit me and I really wanted to have that again. Instead of the hardcore competitive team, I wanted more of a brotherhood to hang out and play video games.

MCL: How did you come up with your MadCast name?

MCJ: I have used the name Junodavidw since I was very, very little. This is a little of my life story here, but the first part of my name Juno actually comes from –

*Someone sneezes in the background. Juno yells “GOD BLESS YOU!” *

MCJ: - comes from an old character in an N64 game (Jet Force Gemini), where he and his sister, his name was Juno and her name was Vela they went out to go save the galaxy… The W actually stands for Westerman. Which came up around the time the first Sims came out where you had to create a family name and I dunno… Juno Westerman just kinda stuck. After a while Juno Westerman kinda got old and I wanted a middle name. I went through the alphabet a, b, c, d, e, all the way to z and Juno D Westerman kinda felt right. So, I looked up a list of names that were D, and David and Daniel were the ones that stuck out. David is the one I went with, and Westerman ended up being too long, so I shortened it to Junodavidw and used it since.

MCL: Ohh ok, that’s pretty cool. For the longest time I always thought your name was Juno.

MCJ: My actual name is Edward. I don’t sparkle and I’m not immortal, so…

MCL: What are your favorite/least favorite things about MadCast?

MCJ: My favorite thing about MadCast is, I can pretty much log on at any time and expect somebody to be playing something. Regardless of the game, and be able to join them and have fun. My least favorite thing about MadCast is that not enough people have heard about us. I think we need to get that out there. I want the whole world to know about MadCast. How cool this place is and all the cool games we play. It’s the place to be!

MCL: How do you think we should do that?

MCJ: Well, in business the best way to get word out is through word of mouth promotion. Tell your friends, family, kids, neighbor (I dunno if your neighbor will appreciate it). Tell your boss, tell your co-workers. “Hey you play video games? Yea, you should go check out MadCast. Cool place!”

MCL: What MadCast members have you met IRL, if any?

MCJ: I don’t think I have met anyone in the real world from MadCast. Sometime in the near future, I’m hoping to make it to one of the Pax’s or one of the meet-ups.

MCL: I thought you knew Sleiphner?

MCJ: Uh, Sleiphner does live nearby about an hour or two away, but we have not found time to go out and meet each other yet.

MCL: What games do you play with MadCast? And what games do you play outside the community?

MCJ: I originally started with LOL, but right now it’s taking a back burner on my list. I played a whole bunch of Dawngate and wanted to bring Dawngate into the community, but as of a week ago EA has announced that they are going to be stopping development of Dawngate. There is Heroes of the Storm coming up, there’s a little bit of Hearthstone that I like to play in the community. And there is always Diablo 3 that is an absolute joy to play. Outside of MadCast, I have at least 500 Steam games. To be honest I have a little bit of a spending problem, so if they are 80% off I tend to buy them. So, my Steam list is getting bigger and my actually played list is getting smaller. I’m hoping to set out and stream those games because I know it won’t only motivate me, but it would entertain people and get MadCast’s name out there.

MCL: How old were you when you first started gaming?

MCJ: Oh boy, the earliest I can remember is when I was four years old playing Solitaire or some crazy racing game of my grandfathers. My first console was the SEGA Genesis and I remember playing old classics like Aladdin and Sonic. But my favorite game from that time was Sword of Vermilion. Little RPG type game that had a real time combat. Was very nostalgic at the time.

MCL: Other than gaming, what are your hobbies and interests?

MCJ: I do like to entertain, and I love to stream games. If I was born in another time, I would love to do cheese making. I’ve always been a big fan of how cheese is made and how it’s flavored in the real world. Although, I’ve learned it is very time consuming.

MCL: What is one low-point in your life?

MCJ:  It’s not a thing I talk a lot about to a lot of people, but I’m sure it will help some people. Back when I was in 5th grade, I actually ended up in the hospital. I wasn’t the Junodavidw that you would know today. I ended up in the hospital for trying to commit suicide. They put me on a lot of medicines, doing psych evals, making sure I wasn’t crazy. They put me on all sorts of Prozac and Adderall. I was only in the hospital for about 2 weeks. I was on all these medicines up until 8th grade. And all of a sudden I just decided I wasn’t going to take them anymore, because I didn’t like who they made me. So, now I am here who I am today… the great JUNODAVIDW!!

MCL: What is your dream job?

MCJ: Well if you asked me fifteen years ago, I would have told you I wanted to be a Secret Agent like James Bond. But now, I just want to make people happy. I want to be an entertainer. I want to turn that frown upside down.

MCL: Most embarrassing song on your iTunes?

MCJ: The most embarrassing song that I have on my playlist that plays on my stream is called “I Can Take off My Panties”. Don’t ask me why it’s there, it’s just my song!

MCL: Is this a YouTube video?

MCJ: It’s a YouTube video. Don’t want people to get the wrong idea… it’s a song by Vocaloids.

MCL: It's the zombie apocalypse, based solely on what you know about them, which 3 other MC members would you pick for your survival team? Why?

MCJ: MadCast: Munsa: Munsa has great leadership and is very wise. From what I know he pretty much knows what to do in any situation.

MadCast: YordleBob: YordleBob is just a great friend, is awesome, skilled in many things. Just a great guy.

MadCast: Elliath: Elliath kinda falls in line between Munsa and YordleBob. He is very intelligent and learns very quickly and knows what’s going on.

MCL: So is he like Eugene?

MCJ: Wait a minute, who is Eugene?

MCL: From Walking Dead.

MCJ: I haven’t seen season 4 or 5 so I have no idea who that is.

MCL: Lol, alright nevermind!

MCL: If you could relive the last ten years of your life, what would you do differently?

MCJ: The first thing I would do is go back to high school and tell myself not to do that cartwheel on Spirit Day. I’m sure a lot of things would have turned out differently if my shoulder wasn't messed up. I might have gone into the ARMY or wouldn't have a problem working physical jobs.

MCL: You screwed up your shoulder by doing a cartwheel?

MCJ: That is correct!

MCL: How the hell do you do that?

MCJ: Alright, so I did the cartwheel, and I didn't put my feet up high enough and came back down with my legs in there and it ended up turning into a backwards somersault. And when I did the somersault, I landed on the shoulder which knocked it out of place. I didn't think anything of it because my arm was numb, and sat back down in the crowd. I dunno, anytime I tried to move, it hurt. So, I went to the hospital and they told me I dislocated it. About seven months later I was working at an amusement park and was messing around with my buddy in the Lazy River and he thought it would be funny to flip me over in the tube. Well, I guess for whatever reason I had my arm a certain way and my arm popped out again.

** Due to technical difficulties with TS at the time of this interview, the remainder of the questions were cutoff. This should still be enough to know how freaking awesome Juno is though!! Also, I hope everything looks okay with the interview. For some reason it was not allowing me to preview the entirety of the post before posting. **

Edited by MadCast: Listerfiend21

I spend years fighting zombies and I'm not on your zombie team.  This means war.  ¬_¬

Yeah, but I know I can make plans with Munsa, Bob, and Morgan and expect them to show up on time. ESPECIALLY, in a zombie apocalypse.