MadCast: SpackemknackS

Vanilla Server Builds

I wanted to start this thread since the other Vanilla Server thread was getting pretty clogged.  This will be a good place to show off what you've built/are building as well as post ideas for community builds  Here's a list of builds I've got in mind for the server.

-Spawn Village

-Gold Farm

-Guardian Farm (water temple near my island)

-Wither Farm

-Maybe a Nether Hub?  The paths in the nether are pretty much all laid out already.

Awards

Well we already have three paths leading to one spot that doesn't leave us much room to build at.  It is something we could look at though since part of the spawn project might be moving the nether portal from where it's at.  

Awards

Worked on the outline of the wall. However... ran into a bit of a snag... apperently you can not build around spawn itself because of the 16 block protective area... so we will need either a minecraft admin build out the wall in that zone or send permissions to myself or kit.

Edited by MadCast: Sabre Wolf

Added a Railraod to Fort Sandy Butt, Goes to nearby village. Did we ever figure out if we could get villages to grow with mob griefing off?

Awards

No, the villagers won't pick things up last I checked. Mob griefing off won't let them touch entities on the ground. You have to make lots of doors and then trade with them repeatedly until they go into a state where they might enter reproduction mode and hope for the best.

I know I said no to turn on the griefing before... but that because I didnt fully understand this game at that time.  Maybe we should consider a temp on period during the build only?

Honestly I would prefer having mob griefing on, creepers aren't really that bad. The benefits that come with certain mobs being able to do their thing outweigh that, in my opinion. Do sheep grow their wool back since they shouldn't be able to eat grass? Since it turns the grass into dirt, I imagine that falls under mob griefing.

My sheep have always grown their wool back from eating grass, and the grass grows back as well.  I'm actually for mob griefing being on as well.  The accidental creeper blast while caving can sometimes uncover more cave or even diamonds.  

Awards

Finished one side of spawn wall. Need suggestions if i should make the tower sections higher then the wall itself? Please let me know.

Also, zombies are still comming in down off that big hill... not sure how to block them from there...

first, thanks to whom ever help extend the wall the other day!  Appreciated!

After a lot of survey work around spawn... I have decided to cross the river an extra time.  Which means I will have to tare down the first section of the wall near the railway system... this is mostly due to the lack of 45o angles in Minecraft and maintaining the parapet look.

So about half the wall is done.  And I am almost out of cobble stone.  Going to have to grab some from slime spawn here to keep it going.

Also, who has the little box wood house near spawn?  The wall is going to be very close to your home...

I spent some time terraforming last night and made a new pond I intend on building a fishing shack at that will probably double as a space to keep mats.  I like the wall height-wise and I think there's plenty of room to build inside the boundaries.  My only recommendation for the wall though would be a little wood or logs coupled with some stone brick in places to break up the pattern a bit.  I also took some time to lay out a border around the protected space.  At least we'll have a visual guide to build around.  I've been preoccupied with other junk recently but I'd like to start spending some more time on the server.  I don't even have my own beacon yet. Hopefully I'll see some people on tonight.

Edited by MadCast: SpackemknackS

Awards

first, thanks to whom ever help extend the wall the other day!  Appreciated!

You're welcome!

I was thinking of improving the wall as well. Just adding additional materials to make it less bland (A bland wall...sounds funny)

Funny enough, i went out to search for materials but i didn't remember to mark my way. Apparently i wandered off pretty far... never the less, i've officially moved in. (^_^)

----

2015-02-14_150116_zpsaa6cef18.png

----

2015-02-14_150131_zps292ac919.png

----

2015-02-14_150158_zpsde2086ab.png

----

I added a bridge crossing the water. Feel free to remove it if anyone thinks to improvise something better.

2015-02-14_152322_zpse9ad01c2.png

----

I've also decided to continue the wall as well--

2015-02-14_152649_zps5d6ce969.png

----

Keep ya posted.

Wall is finished, upgrades pending.

----

2015-02-16_143907_zps564b6ef9.png

----

With that done, I went out on an adverture. Saw some neat stuff.

----

2015-02-16_141146_zps05acac70.png

----

2015-02-16_140745_zps7d1128a2.png

----

And i'm pretty sure this farm is the reason i never see any sheep on the server lol.

----

2015-02-16_140244_zps85c574ed.png

Nice the wall looks great!  Ill have to get on and take some pics with my skin pack to see what it looks like.  Myself and Kit uses Conquest.

2015-02-16_141146_zps05acac70.png

Ya this is my base!  Thank you for the kind words!

I dig the build style on your base Madcow.  Appreciate the work on the wall around spawn too.  I keep telling myself I'm going to work on buildings inside the wall and then I get distracted on expanding my base.  Hopefully I'll see you on the server sometime.  

Awards

Here is the wall with my skin pack.  Did a little touch up around the base of one.  Also have to remove the section in the middle of spawn that doesnt go anywher >.<.  Also have to make a few gates so people can actually leave the spawn area.

2015-02-17_14.59.22.png?psid=1

2015-02-17_14.59.40.png?psid=1

2015-02-17_14.58.48.png?psid=1

2015-02-17_14.59.55.png?psid=1

2015-02-17_15.00.57.png?psid=1

2015-02-17_15.02.28.png?psid=1