MadCast: Junodavidw

If you had one choice.

Are we talking about an apocalypse situation?

Edit to add: I suppose it wouldn't really matter the circumstance. I'd save the world. And most (if not all) of my friends would understand that the good of the many outweigh the good of the few. The Kit in me that hates people want to say I'd save my friend but it comes down to the fact that I don't have enough skills to repopulate the world successfully. I am not a doctor, I'm not a scientist or hunter. In fact, I'd be one of the worst people to try to survive any sort of apocalypse. 

The only circumstance I can say that I'd save my friend is if it was a case of alien abduction we were 'safely' on board another craft with other intelligent beings. But in the end, that would come down to... I don't have any friends worth saving over my children's lives. 

So yeah, I'd save the world. 

Edited by MadCast: Kit

but it comes down to the fact that I don't have enough skills to repopulate the world successfully.

I am a guy... your a girl... thats all the skills we need right?

As for the question at hand. Save the world. All my friends i know would do the same.

Edited by MadCast: Sabre Wolf

How much of the world are we talking here, the entire thing (wouldn't the friend be included)?

Cause saving someone just so they could live in an empty world with you. Hrmm.

So the choice is obvious to me. However, if the question was slightly different say... Save one friend or 20 strangers who you've never met, choosing one or the other would seal the other groups demise. Then I would choose the friend.

How much of the world are we talking here, the entire thing (wouldn't the friend be included)?

So the choice is obvious to me. However, if the question was slightly different say... Save one friend or 20 strangers who you've never met, choosing one or the other would seal the other groups demise. Then I would choose the friend.

"That is wise.  Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few." - Spock

RIP Nimoy

This seems a question written to assume there is a choice when, in fact, there isn't one.

The destruction of the world still results in the death of the friend. So saving the world results in also saving your friend AND removing any risk of guilty conscience. 

Furthermore the human mind is designed for self preservation when possible. Since saving the world means saving yourself I'd argue that the overwhelming majority of humans would pick saving the world still even if losing the friend was added as a caveat to that choice. 

Awards

You would have to sacrifice your friend for the world to be saved, or the world would end and it would be just you and your friend.

You would have to sacrifice your friend for the world to be saved, or the world would end and it would be just you and your friend.

Even in that situation it would have to be a friend of the opposite sex with whom both parties would be willing to repopulate the species for it to be a considerable option by most but the extremely mentally unstable.

Awards

Even in that situation it would have to be a friend of the opposite sex with whom both parties would be willing to repopulate the species for it to be a considerable option by most but the extremely mentally unstable.

Not really, but you're putting too much into it. Maybe you're a dragon and your friend is a cat. Maybe you are a walrus, and your friend is a whale. Maybe procreation doesn't require a male and a female in said universe. It's just a simple question of your friend, or the world? lol.

I agree with Kit.  If I remained as one of the two only people in the world, I wouldn't survive.  Cause I suck.

But I would not hesitate and I would save the world.  It would be a hard choice, but it would mean that our life DOES get to continue in many more people who are way more important than I am.

(as a side note, this reminds me of a little game I played on newgrounds called One Chance that has you make very similar choices)

Awards

Not really, but you're putting too much into it. Maybe you're a dragon and your friend is a cat. Maybe you are a walrus, and your friend is a whale. Maybe procreation doesn't require a male and a female in said universe. It's just a simple question of your friend, or the world? lol.

But I'm not those things. And you asked me..... And no question where you put the fate of one or more people's lives at stake is a simple one. People will weigh their options. People will extrapolate potential outcomes of their choice before making it.  

Awards

I feel like with the friends I have, they would all understand the choice.  Even if they were unaware(like shot behind or died in their sleep without knowing it was coming), I feel like they would expect me to make the choice for the greater good and would have sacrificed themselves to save the world.

I would have to choose, save the world. The needs of one can't outway the needs of the many etc. Kinda why i jioned the Army, to help protect those who cant protect themself's, or dont want to. I would miss my best friend though :(

Edited by Un'sub

Awards

I would save the world, because if you save your friend human or not you be the only two species on the planet. You need other species to survive and if they aren't around you and your friend are doomed anyway.

I would save my precious friend, of which I have few.