MadCast: Fayea

Windward & LOOK AT MY BEAUTIFUL SHIP!

post-1686-0-85588500-1432095729_thumb.pn

So this game, Windward, was released on Steam recently and I have found it so very relaxing to play. If you enjoy sailing ships, trading cargo, ferrying drunken passengers to various cities on tours, marooning settlers, and blasting apart pirate vessels you may want to check it out!

Oh, and it's multiplayer and allows you to play on dedicated servers with other players around the world! You can even create private instances to invite your friends to where you can grind loot and experience.

Recommended for those who like Sid Meiers Pirates!

But mostly I wanted to prove to LT that my ship is indeed amazing.

It looks very peaceful. How does it actually compare to Sid Meier's Pirates?

It lacks the joy of courting and promptly dumping unattractive governors daughters and has no dueling, sadly. The trading is pretty damn simple, but the ship to ship combat is pretty similar and has some additional features and even talents you can put points into to increase your ships damage, speed, or even special attacks and loot find.

Oh, and you really don't suffer the annoyance of trying to sail against the wind and moving at a snails pace.

Edited by MadCast: Fayea

Okay, just completed a combat instance with Shadow, Demon, and Mehune and it was intense. It was the four of us up against a map full of pirates and enemy ports that just kept endlessly spawning them. I can't even count how many battles we had where we swept away four or five higher level ships just to have three more come out of nowhere and flank us while we were near dying.

The way the talents and stats work in this game allow you to create actual builds so that your ship can fill roles sort of similar to DPS, healer, or tank. Pretty interesting for a game about ships, I think.

Question do you get the ability to control multiple ships, or is it just 1?

Just one, although as you buy better ships you can always go back and access previously purchased types of vessels.

I was not sure how much I would enjoy this at first... until I spent all of yesterday doing nothing but playing Windward.  Literally just clocked 12 hours yesterday doing nothing but playing Windward and having a blast the entire time.

The game is strangely relaxing.  The ship sailing is great, the trade runs are fun... especially the smuggling and avoiding allied ships that try to sink you to keep you from smuggling the goods into port.  (What can I say.  The towns want the goods.  I provide a service.)  The comments the passengers you ferry around make are hilarious.

That combat instance we did was intense.  So much more intense than the regular fighting/capturing pirates.  In fact I am kind of looking forward to doing another combat instance today.

Definitely recommend it.  Even if you just want something to relax with.  The sailing is just so relaxing.  > <