Sabre Wolf

SW Builds - Post 6/23/2015

Hahaha I read this as "Star Wars Builds" False advertising :P

Still interesting too see your warrior is same as mine "rifle & Axes* :D Bit different on traits but good to get another perspective.

Ya i always take CDR over anything reguardless of whatever game i play. And i elected to get travlers because ANET forced seperation of the traits i use to run... which i am a sad panada about... but its ok. Making it work with this.

PvE mate.  Dont care much for PvP or WvW.  World of Tanks fills that role for me.  These are just some builds I am throwing together that make sense and were close to what I was running originally.  Open to fine tuning as long as it fits my play style.

Here is my take on Elementalist SW Build.
Decided to use my WvW roaming set, budget and all.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-q;4g20U095NNkY0;9;430G;0236036157;44N0;3m9fgm9fgo-k51;5Vt5uau5vav5w5230C-2ir

From my experience, AoE pressure and mobility are the key to successful SW farm.
Staff does crazy damage in fire, pretty good support through healing, swiftness stacking and CC so it is my go to weapon.
Arcane Brilliance and Wave are handy blasts + they do AoE damage so that is a win/win! :D
Glyph of Storms Is very useful when you need blinds through earth or chill through water. Air stacks 25 vuln in few seconds and does decent damage and fire one is pretty good as well. 
Ice Bow... well, it is crazy OP and I can't get myself not to take it. ;)
And lastly we have our Glorified running shoe in the form of FGS. Great mobility, build in evade and decent-ish damage.

It is also good to have a Dagger on you, to use it for Ride the Lightning! 

SW = Sabre Wolf btw... so I hope you dont farm me too much...  :lol:

Like the build Amaryllis!  Ill try it out.  Never been a fan of Ele for either GW or GW2.  So its going to take a bit of work for me.

Haha, I read this as Silverwastes as well!  

I'll toss one Elementalist idea into the mix here:

One build I've been playing with keeps burning and vulnerability up on enemies as much as possible and piggy backs on additional damage granted to enemies affected by those conditions, plus I've been trying out the Sinister stat set (verdict is still out for me on whether I'd be better off just using Berserker's like usual).  The tricky part here is to use the Frost Bow or Lightning Hammer and camp water attunement, but I don't take the Conjurer trait, so I'm always short on weapon uses.  If I find myself without a conjure at hand, I am DPS'ing in Fire or use some CC/group utility skills.

Intothemists is currently wrong on the runes of Flame Legion.  They grant +30% burn duration,+7% damage against burning foes, +175 Power and a chance to burn foes when hit on a 10s CD.

Keys to the build:

17% Bonus Damage to Burning Foes: 10% from Burning Rage, 7% from Runes

65% Burning Duration: 20% from Burning Precision, 30% from Runes, and 15% from food

10% Bonus Damage when health is above 90% from Aquamancer's Training

20% Bonus Damage to vulnerable foes while in Water

10% Bonus at Night from Sigil of Night

I'm still playing with whether I want to use Berserker gear and go for as much power as possible, or use Sinister gear and capitalize on all the burning I'm putting out there.

Interesting build, apparently burning is one of the best damaging conditions.
I guess it all depends where are you using it. For dungeons Berserker's > anything else, even with the condition changes.
Also, if you have a competent Guardian in your party, your target should be perma-burning.

My dungeon running build atm is: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=Vp;4g2GY095NNkY0;9;4032;0036256157;4eN;4udbTudbTo-F74;6EbE6FbF6GbG6230C-2id

Rotation being something like: Air: Glyph of Storms > Earth: Eruption > Fire: Lava Font + Meteor Shower > Swap to water while MS is casting to get 20% damage mod from it > Spawn IB -5-4-3- Drop> Earth: Eruption > Fire: Lava Font... Camp fire until Glyph & IB come of C/d and then repeat. Even though it is very rare for a fight to last that long. :D

Normally I do use Powerful Aura, so it applies Fire Aura to everyone twice, extra damage and might can't hurt!
Cleansing Water is really good  for Condition heavy fights where Guardian alone can't remove them all (I am looking at you TA and SE).

Good point about situation being important!  

I am typically out poking around the Silverwastes lately and haven't been doing a ton of dungeon runs, so I like to have that condition cleanse when attuning to water that comes from the combo of Cleansing Water and Elemental Attunement.  I know when the patch initially hit, I thought Ferocious Winds sounded really good, but at the time it was bugged so that you gained ferocity based on 7% of your toughness, not precision, and since I am using either Berserker's or Sinister, I have no toughness!  Might want to double check if that is still the case.  In the end I decided on Arcane over Air since I thought the four traits that come before Weak Spot were pretty meh.

Good to see everyone checking out all the new build opportunities :D

This is My Rev build I am planning.   This will probably be my main for a while if I enjoy him.

SW Revenant Build (Crystallized Assassin)

I am debating between Zerkers and Soldiers gear... it looks too glass cannon like on paper...  I'd prefer Zealots.

Edited by MadCast: Sabre Wolf