Drakys Redstar

Guild Wars 2

I will jump on for sure when I have proper internet "currently moving to Canada so using mobile limited internet". I will be up and running in a couple of weeks I will hit you up!

I will jump on for sure when I have proper internet "currently moving to Canada so using mobile limited internet". I will be up and running in a couple of weeks I will hit you up!

gunna join us canucks, for some moose riding, hockey and maple syrup, eh?

I have not played GW since the 1st one came out. So I am rather new to the entire GW2 game. Im not sure what WvW is? And Im on a different server from you guys I believe. Anyways, hit me when yall get online some time.

I have not played GW since the 1st one came out. So I am rather new to the entire GW2 game. Im not sure what WvW is? And Im on a different server from you guys I believe. Anyways, hit me when yall get online some time.

Oh nice, I still play that one from time to time as well! GW2 is very different from the original.

WvW (World vs World) is mass PvP where three servers are pitted against each other. It's loads of fun but you have to be on the same server to play with other people.

Everything you know from GW1 throw that out the door, game style, mechanics & characters are all very different. Its basically a different game all together but it wont take you long. Google some beginner guides and when you get a bit higher level look at doing some events to farm matts for your legend weapon, here is a great site for timers http://guildwarstemple.com/dragontimer/events.php?serverKey=120&langKey=en

I am on Sanctum of Rall server, like one of the sticky posts had stated. So thats what I chose. Hopefully its the right server? I chose a Ranger for my class. I usually go for magic classes. But decided  to go with something I never choose to play. And so far Im enjoying the class.

Drakys, you'll be able to do most everything with friends no matter what server you are on, the only exception is WvW. I would try that out on SoR and if you like it and want to do it with other MCGers, then if consider switching to SoS. If WvW isn't your thing, no need to switch!

Drakys, you'll be able to do most everything with friends no matter what server you are on, the only exception is WvW. I would try that out on SoR and if you like it and want to do it with other MCGers, then if consider switching to SoS. If WvW isn't your thing, no need to switch!

Very true, and FYI Drakys you can do WvW at any level, you get boosted to 80 so no great disadvantage to doing it early.

Just want to make a note for anybody reading and thinking about trying a free account; WvW will be inaccessible until you reach level 60 or you purchase the expansion.

Also, WvW experiences will vary greatly depending on who you are playing with, so keep in mind that playing with a zerg or havoc group that you don't know could be very different from playing with people you are more familiar with. I know that probably goes without saying but I personally would not recommend the Sanctum of Rall experience if you are interested in WvW. There is a good chance you will end up hating it. Nearly all of the major WvW guilds abandoned the server and it can be pretty dead if you're not zerging Eternal Battlegrounds, so it pretty much comes down to roaming solo on borderlands and praying you come across people while you flip camps.

If WvW interests you and you want to play with some MadCasters, the main players are setting up to be a force on Sea of Sorrows.

It's such a bummer that so many guilds switched away from Sanctum of Rall.  We were right up there in the top three or four servers in North America for a long time.  I remember starting out on Ehmry Bay (EBAY!) and having that server do really well and then making the switch to SoR and having them do really well for awhile.  It was silly how much ring around the rosy there was back when you could swap servers for free and just flip around all over the place.  I'm glad that has settled down some, but bummed that Sanctum fell into a less competitive tier in the process. 

With doing the Edge of the Mist WvW, it sure is competitive. Im not one to like pvp very much, but this type is actually pretty fun imo. Hopefully we can get more people from Madcast to start logging in to play. That way we can start owning the serious WvW maps!

Glad you like EoTM! It's definately a lot more fast paced than borderland WvW but its a great way to understand the mechanics.

Awards

It's such a bummer that so many guilds switched away from Sanctum of Rall. . . . . . ,but bummed that Sanctum fell into a less competitive tier in the process. 

This is due to the main guilds (Gaiscioch, RA, EG ) pushing to make SOR casual and not care about winning (In a PvP game mode). Then they went out of their way to not communicate to any of the commanders that they "Care so much about".

If you need more info you can always PM me of catch me on TS and i can give you more info :P. But i love SOS so far the server council has not done wrong by me and communicates to me on a daily basis even though i am not a super mega zerg commander (So already way better).

Awards