MadCast: Sotarkadin

2016 Completed Viewing Thread

Arrow (S1 - S4). S5 this October!

Also, I am sad that Netflix has some regional content restrictions. So much limitations from where I live (Philippines). I've been wanting to watch The Seven Deadly Sins and The Flash but it's not available in my region. Using VPN before worked but it seems like Netflix has made some proxy policies. That makes me a saaad panda.

Awards

2 hours ago, MadCast: Sotarkadin said:

It was amazing, but we also watched it before all the hype.  So now that it has been commended so much, people might have different opinions.

I really liked it too. There were some acting issues, but all in all I really enjoyed it.

On 9/24/2016 at 8:05 PM, Regall said:

I just used netflix to catch up on Gotham. 

I'll be doing the same shortly.  I'm pretty far behind.

As for Stranger Things, I liked it.  I thought that it was interesting seeing flawed (ie. real) characters trying to deal with the events therein.  Dark, yet not senseless (for the most part).  I still feel that they fell prey to at least one of the horror tropes, but it didn't by any means ruin the story.  I loved how they slowly pieced the puzzle together for the viewers... it's awesome to see a good mystery/sci-fi/fantasy produced by Netflix =)  

I would say that if I had to pick something to compare this to it would be Super 8.  Though it's definitely darker than that.

On 9/25/2016 at 10:04 AM, MadCast: Jobotoo said:

How'd you like it?

It was really good. I love how it was based in the early 80's. I thought Winona Ryder did a great job being crazy!  I'm curious to see if they can keep it going with Season 2. 

44 minutes ago, MadCast: Listerfiend21 said:

It was really good. I love how it was based in the early 80's. I thought Winona Ryder did a great job being crazy!  I'm curious to see if they can keep it going with Season 2. 

The kids were the best actors imo. The girl that is one of the main kid's sister was a horrible choice for that role. I'm curious to see if they will follow the same story and actors, or if will be completely different. 

3 hours ago, MadCast: Listerfiend21 said:

How was it? One of the girls at work said it was really good but I'm iffy on if I should start it. I also heard Peaky Blinders was a good one.

Its has a little of everything (drama, thrills, etc.), and having met/known some of the people from the Columbian government, police, etc. made it even more interesting for me.  I like that is historically based. I think it is worth watching. I never had a sense of bad acting, like Stranger things. The acting is quite good and the show keeps me interested.