Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: Butterslit

Tablet Troubles

Question

Hello everyone.

So I recently have been having issues with my ASUS tablet which is about 3-5 years old and the main problem is that it is no longer connecting to the Internet.  I have restarted it, updated it, tried googling the issue but so far I have not found a concrete solution.  The tablet simply shows the "I am downloading/circle wheel-thingy" icon and does nothing else, there is not even an error message.  I have double-checked my internet connection and found nothing amiss and I have also tried connecting to various other wifi at my work places.  It still does the same thing.  There is also an issue of it not being able to download new programs, and this also does NOT come with an error message or indicator as to what is wrong. This is a problem as I am constantly on the go and between my jobs and being a full time student and I really need to be able to do my homework or study whenever possible.  I really do not want to buy another tablet or even a laptop but if this is not resolved soon I might not have a choice. 

Help a poor college student?

3 answers to this question

Have you tried a restore?

I have not done this, I shall do so. Thanks for the suggestion! 

It's also possible your wifi card has failed, usually due to heat. You can check ebay for a new one and take apart your tablet and replace it. Not a fun job...

This is also a possibility which makes me very sad if it is the case. My tablet is one of the very early ASUS ones so it is a high possibility the hardware could be frying or something is outdated.