MadCast: Sotarkadin

Nintendo launching Mini NES

Nintendo is launching a mini NES preloaded with 30 original Nintendo games. Mario Bros 1, 2 & 3 amongst them.  I will be getting one of these for sure.  It will have an HDMI output and will retail for about 60 bucks, US.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/14/nintendo-is-launching-a-mini-version-of-its-iconic-nes-console-with-30-classic-games/

nes_classic_12.jpg?w=738

I'll be picking one up for sure. I still want an original though because I collect retro gaming stuff. This is convenient though plus it has HDMI. 

Awards

I had an idea that they could add the eShop to the NES. It comes with the 30 games, then you have the option to buy some more. The 30 games are some of the most popular ones, but what if you like some obscure NES game thats on the VC. Since the games aresmall in size, they would only need to put a 10gb HDD in there tops. 

Awards

I just don't see these games being worth the $2 a game they want you to pay. Especially games like Ice Climbers and Balloon Fight, games that back in the day, would have been arcade games, just don't have the worth to cost ratio. Maybe the zelda and the mario brothers are worth $2, but still, 30 years later, with what you can even find on steam for $2, with what you can find on the internet for free, I think it''s just not worth the price they want you to pay.

Awards

As nice as it is to have it from a collector's point of view, it's hard to buy one when you have a system that can run those games no problem. My emulator and Nintendo DS has me covered.

Awards

I would love this thing just for the nostalgia of the console and the controller. I did feed that nostalgia hunger with an emulator though :P. It has more games that even the nes original did. I've had it for a while and can't seem to find where i got it, but if anyone is interested in searching it's called xsneS. I'll keep up my search, if i find it I'll post a link.