MadCast: Sotarkadin

Overwatch Mouse Settings

I have recently built a new PC, along with that I upgraded all of my peripherals.  This is the first time I have ever had a mouse outside of the stock one that comes with your PC.  I am able to adjust the DPI and acceleration and such.  I was curious as to what others have theirs set at currently.

Mine are 550 DPI, acceleration at 0 and my mouse sensitivity in OW is set to 17.  I still feel like it's too twitchy when i'm following a tracer for example, I move mty hand a few inches and I have already turned 180 degrees.  I am not sure which settings to adjust to get the best movement.  I would love any input and reasoning about what might help me out a bit.

I have a very high DPI (1500 I believe) and my in game mouse sensitivity is sitting at 8. (7.5 in the PTR since the upcoming patch allows decimals for sensitivity now). My settings may sound ridiculous to others but I'm comfy with how I play with those settings. Not too slow, not too twitchy for me. I took a lot of time in the Practice Range to have it just about right for me. Also, there are individual mouse settings for heroes, especially if you like playing Widowmaker. There are lots of YouTube videos on how to get your settings right for you. :)

Awards

When it comes to sensitivity, two things are of high importance. 1. Develop something comfortable, to use reliably and consistently. It shouldn't take long, outside of just sheer time practicing, to get a reliable set up. 2. Lean towards less sensitivity in FPSs. Small, precise movements with your hands should yield the same with your cursor. Hope you can find a good set up!

15 minutes ago, MadCast: MasterWonton said:

wow you guys love your high sensitivity. i play at 3 sensitivity and 400dpi.

gotta have that precision.

I feel like if my stuff gets lower, kind of like yours is I will need a new mousepad.  Mine is kind of small and I find myself picking up my mouse to readjust it sometimes.

I feel like if my stuff gets lower, kind of like yours is I will need a new mousepad.  Mine is kind of small and I find myself picking up my mouse to readjust it sometimes.

My rule of thumb for fps is to get as low as you can while still doing a 270 degree turn across your mousemat. Personally i have a 36 by 18 inch mat. So i can get very very low. http://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/glorious-xxl-gaming-mouse-mat-black

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

My mouse is 2300DPI.

Effective mouse sensitivity is ~0.1 of that. Senstivity in game is 13.

I have mouse acceleration set to linearly scale up to a certain point.

This allows me to have a lower sensitivity for precision aiming and a higher sensitivity for flicks to locate flankers and jumpers.

Once I got comfortable with the sensitivity I could aim while flicking, which is a perfect sweet spot to be in.

I use a program this called Intercept Mouse Accel http://mouseaccel.blogspot.com/2015/12/new-method-for-mouse-acceleration.html

ss+(2016-07-19+at+11.10.55).png

54 minutes ago, MadCast: JumboLove said:

My mouse is 2300DPI.

Effective mouse sensitivity is ~0.1 of that. Senstivity in game is 13.

I have mouse acceleration set to linearly scale up to a certain point.

This allows me to have a lower sensitivity for precision aiming and a higher sensitivity for flicks to locate flankers and jumpers.

Once I got comfortable with the sensitivity I could aim while flicking, which is a perfect sweet spot to be in.

I use a program this called Intercept Mouse Accel http://mouseaccel.blogspot.com/2015/12/new-method-for-mouse-acceleration.html

mouse accel? ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Hmm, my mouse has the option for 5 DPI presets bound to an up and down rocker.  I had four setup with 400,600,800, and 1500 and boosted up to 30 in game.  I usually use 400 for precision stuff.  I'm going to drop that down to 15 in game and then can move around between 400, 600, and 800 depending on hero and whether im doing long range or up close craziness with symmetra or something.  Time to readjust a bit.

PSA:  You can adjust in game sensitivity per hero and for some like WIdowmaker you can adjust for scoped vs not scoped.  You are not locked into one sensitivity for all classes.

I wouldnt do that however. A single consistant sensitivity allows you to become more accustomed to the exact distances and flicks needed to get a crosshair where it needs to be. If youre sensitivity is too high to accurately snipe, then you shouldnt use it for anyone, if you cant hit with widow how do you expect to be able to tap heads quicky on mcree or 76.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I think the only time I don't agree with you Wonton is that there are some classes where you are going to be right up in faces and swinging your camera around all over, not looking for headshots.  Winston and Symmetra for sure, and to some degree Tracer since she is so movement focused.  For anyone medium to long range where you are shooting downfield, it makes a lot of sense to have consistent sensitivity.  It would be awful to go leaping in as Winston and have to pick your mouse up just to do 180's as you go all angry ape on the enemy team.  Then again, your sensitivity would have to be super low for that to be the case I'd imagine.