MadCast: Munsa

Planescape 5E Conversion

22 minutes ago, MadCast: Angelix said:

Please tell me you at least wore kilts and claymores while doing so.

Haha, no we didn't bother with disguises. The version of Earth that Jason Stacks (my PC, wizard) comes from is 200 years in the future. 

We warped in to that plane just outside the military installation and used Jump and Pass Without a Trace to enter the base. 

Stacks used illusions to convince the patrolling soldiers that something was up in the base on the opposite side of the hangar, Jenny (Voshay - Ranger/Fighter) and Kelvin (Prince - Rogue) sneaked around and took people out as needed, and Crow (Flapjack - Warlock) used Disguise Self and some excellent persuasion techniques to convince the last guard at the entrance of the hangar to gain entry. 

We then used Helpful Henry (a small construct with amazing knowledge base powers we acquired a while back) to interface with the helicopter to pilot, and we flew out of range of the base and shifted back to Sigil. 

Then we proceeded on the mission that Munsa had planned. =)

2 hours ago, MadCast: VoShay said:

Haven't even mentioned some of the stuff Jenny found in the Gutter... heh.

That's where we found Jenny's mind.

Edited by MadCast: The Prince

49 minutes ago, MadCast: The Prince said:

That's where we found Jenny's mind.

And here was me thinking that all gutters were merely tributaries flowing into Jenny's mind.

I don't want to amp things up too much, but I think you guys are canny enough to sense just how pivotal our next session is going to be.  A big truth is going to be unveiled that will likely change the game, and I have been ready for this for about 6 months now.

I should be free and clear by 3PM EST at the latest, if not earlier.  I am, however, also about the EotE game.  Either way, I suggest tomorrow afternoon be filled with tabletop regardless.

We are attempting to move it back to Sundays, but a string of RL events and the Admin v FM games have continually offset it.   Current next sesh is Monday, probably starting by 11PM EST or shortly before.

Khaos, if you can at ALL make Monday's session, it would be amazing, as Archmage Livingston/Glamdolf/Demilich Demigod is about to drop some beats on this party.

"Sir, it is time. Sir, it is time. Sir, It is-" A hand draped lightly on top of the mechanical piece, gently pushing it further back into the nightstand it alighted. The Man who's hand came down rose from the bed, his naked form quivering for a moment before its surface billowed out and became a jaunty golden and green coat, pants, and jacket. He checked his hand- the ring was there. His eyes traced the ioun stone that circled his head. He looked to his arms and checked the bracers in a fashion that was practiced from a thousand sunrises. He didn't glance at the mirror in the room. He knew his body more intimately than his eyes could ever show. The door opened. "Sir?"

"Markus." The gruff, old voice stated. "Markus today." He looked to the door. A younger associate of his business partner, Jack, stood there.

"A message from Jack, Mr. Markus."

A pale hand snaked out and took the message, a brown glove seemingly oozing from it to cover the hand as the message was taken. The messenger's eyes widened at the bizarre transformation, but he held his ground. "Just Markus, child. I don't recall saying Mister, do you?"

The man shook his head, and waited, clearly for some response from the Man. The Man opened the envelope and looked at the contents. 

Friend, 

I thank you for all the excellent work you've achieved on our joint venture. But as we near completion, your expertise is not as necessary, and I have an interest I think we will both share, soon, with the goings-on in Sigil. I'd like you to work with a certain group in the Acquisitor's Guild. Keep an eye on them, keep a look out for things to power our vessel, and see what useful information you can turn up. Consider it a Favor for your Old Friend Jack.

The unsigned letter was crumpled and tossed into a nearby fireplace. He nodded absentmindedly as another chime started, and he walked over towards the window. "Yes, yes. Consider the Favor acknowledged, child." He stared out the window at the sun breaking over the Spelljammer, a sight he rose to see almost every day. A hand lightly rested on the window, as if to hold and caress the ship. "Soon, my daughter. Soon you'll see the planes." He looked over the room, and after a moment, picked up the rapier leaning against the door, and belted it across his waist. Might as well keep up appearances. He grew an inch as his feet became enclosed in boots and started striding out the door, to his next concern. The Acquisitor's Guild.

Who is this strange Man, one wonders?

TUNE IN NEXT TIME.

I realize I am Pandora at this moment, starring fixedly at an empty box, but:

Spelljammers are powered by magic, and magic alone.  They have no need of aerodynamic design.  A clan of Dwarves hopping the planes in a giant anvil?  Elves from a dead world piloting the last, still-living tree from a now blasted desert?  Sweet.

This is too good an opportunity to not let the party write a bit of the game.  We'll have a scene wherein you eschew the prototype's aesthetics and tap your vast resources for a little... customization.  So, let me ask again, what does your eventual spelljammer look like?

12 minutes ago, MadCast: Munsa said:

I realize I am Pandora at this moment, starring fixedly at an empty box, but:

Spelljammers are powered by magic, and magic alone.  They have no need of aerodynamic design.  A clan of Dwarves hopping the planes in a giant anvil?  Elves from a dead world piloting the last, still-living tree from a now blasted desert?  Sweet.

This is too good an opportunity to not let the party write a bit of the game.  We'll have a scene wherein you eschew the prototype's aesthetics and tap your vast resources for a little... customization.  So, let me ask again, what does your eventual spelljammer look like?

Assuming flight is not desired and just a planeshift machine is desired. The Spelljammers of the namesake setting all were functional Airships to make intraplane travel more manageable and easy. I can't imagine The Immortal designing something that didn't also Fly easily. However, I can whip up the first attempt at a more... personalized description of a Spelljammer later tonight!