MadCast: Munsa

Planescape 5E Conversion

@MadCast: The Prince

"Tyrant"

+3 Mace.  Does 2d10 extra damage versus frightened targets.  Once per long rest you may empower your conquering strike to affect all enemies who see the blow within a 30' radius.

OR

The secondary power can be you can pierce through Fear immunity once per long rest with your Conquering Strike.

Even with impending DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM the people of Sigil love a good story, particularly if it meets the proper requirements of bawdiness.

As you prepped the ship for a hurried excursion into The Outlands, you hear snippets of an interesting tale from the various workers you rap out orders too.  Apparently in the weeks since ascension to power became all the rage, noblefolk in the Lady's Ward have been reporting stories of finding husbands, wives, debutante daughters, bachelor sons, dowager aunts... etc, all found in states of compromise.  Details vary from the teller, but two things remain constant:  The "victims" seem to be suffering disorientation and memory loss due to- ahem- satisfaction, and what they do remember consists of speaking with either an extremely handsome man with lightning on his skin or a rather aggressive for her size halfling, or both.

Various heads of households are in a state of mild uproar, which is the normal state for a noble in Sigil.

Few things before tonight:

You have the wand of Drolem control, and 20 Drolems that can be commanded to move, stay, grapple, or explode.  Drolem is a portmanteau of Drone and Golem, btw, and I really like it.

You also found a Scimitar +3 of Wounding, which might not be of interest for martial use, but could easily be used as a "supercharge" in The Elcrys' magical engine.

On 10/09/2017 at 11:56 PM, MadCast: Munsa said:

Few things before tonight:

You have the wand of Drolem control, and 20 Drolems that can be commanded to move, stay, grapple, or explode.  Drolem is a portmanteau of Drone and Golem, btw, and I really like it.

Exterminate

Annihilate

Destroy 

Edited by MadCast: Angelix

Three days. That's all that ever mattered. Three days to select, plan, execute. Everything else was ancillary, an aid in sating the curse. There was no point in planning further ahead than three days unless something went terribly wrong, or something awful loomed on the horizon. Similarly, there was no point to looking beyond the immediate past. That just made things worse, tearing open old wounds and casting doubt over the present.

Living and seeing the world through such a short timeframe is part of what made living as the Fledgling Crow tenable.

Seeing my whole life laid before me all at once, to borrow from the Sigil Cant, was like being a golem's bed; downright crushing.

So much death... I've killed more men than most warriors and soldiers would dare to boast about. Seeing it all in such clarity without the manic thrill given by Raze's gift, even with all the justification I had for each, was overwhelming. To say nothing of those slain out of desperation, accident, or apathy; those were like shoots of razorvine in my mind.

But it was more than just a review of my mistakes and transgressions; it also filled in a gnawing void, showing the life I had lived and lost before being changed into what I am now.

Admittedly, it was a promising start. Doting, eccentric parents; an adventurous father and a scholarly mother; Edgar and Catherine. It wasn't a dull life, given their lines of work, but it was comparatively peaceful and cheerful. I likely would've followed in my mother's footsteps as an arcane scientist, were it not for the sudden weakness.

Something was wrong with me, an affliction beyond illness or injury; a weakening of the muscles that got bad enough to make the most basic tasks increasingly more difficult and painful to carry out without aid. Clerics were of little help; they healed injury and disease to restore the body to normal function, but this weakness was a part of that normal function. Magical artifacts crafted to bestow strength were a functional workaround for a time, but eventually even those weren't enough. It was a hollow, wretched existence, much like Lear had said. At some point, my father had just up and vanished; what I saw wasn't clear on if it was by choice or the result of an accident, but it was this that likely drove my mother to desperate measures.

Lear Dunham, he who would become the Man of Eyes, preyed upon her desperation and seized control of the facility she oversaw and all that worked there: Minerva Excelsius. Under the guise of a radical process to circumvent my affliction, I would be the prototype for a process to create demonically empowered servants, for Raze's army against the Far Plane if anything Lear says is to be trusted. It was a grueling process, and it was almost too late in coming; the weakness had gotten so bad it had affected my heart and lungs, halting their beat and breath. Priorities shifted from enforcing servitude to bestowing demonic strength and vitality, as being pulled from beyond death over and over had disastrous effects on my mind. It's likely why I lost all those memories in the first place.

I would've become his servant, his agent of slaughter and discord, if it weren't for some desperate sabotage. Many symbols of Raze, those damnable eyes that drive men to murderous rage, were activated across the facility. While I can't take credit for the deaths of everyone there, that my first clear memory was of snapping into lucidity above a slew of corpses shows just how well Lear had succeeded in his project.

Everything else I already remember quite well. Escaping to Sigil. Striking against the Tramontane with Lynne. The Pink Lily Massacre. Meeting the Acquisitors and scouring the Abattoir. The Sensate Banquet. The Far Plane Incursion at Borealis. I lived on, my life sustained by my bindings to the demon lord Raze, and in turn every life I took helped him rebuild his strength.

And now I'm shifting back through time to try and kill him. It's effectively suicide.

There's no way out of this, is there? With Raze free from his prison, it's too late. Win or lose, I'm going to die. My "reward" for making it through all this.

It's just as well, I suppose. Even if my life didn't depend on his, all the power and abilities I have come from the bond as well. I don't think I could stand losing all that. I certainly wouldn't be able to help with the Far Plane at all.  Will the others be able to handle that without me? Hells, was there ever any chance at all of holding them off regardless?

...maybe I'm missing something. Maybe there's a way out of this alive, but I'm just not seeing it. If there is, it's likely out of my hands. Wouldn't be the first time.

No, all I need to worry about is making sure these bastards die along with me. They think they know what I am? Consider me a failure? I will show them the inexorable fury of a damned, vengeful man.

And this time I won't have a bloody hole in my gut getting in the way.

"It was MAGICAL, Stacks. Fucking magical! We couldn't have done it without me." - Kelvin Breeze

Edited by MadCast: The Prince