MadCast: Munsa

Planescape 5E Conversion

I need to visit my grandma in the hospital today and will be going straight from my afternoon DnD game. I think I won't be too late compared to normal start time, but if you wanted to clean up any threads with not-jenny until i show up that's fine with me.

In the spirit of fair play, I think it fair to assume that, mechanically, Jenny and Crow would have some prior knowledge of the capabilities of Parson and The Man of Eyes.  I also think it fair to assume that, going in, this information would have been shared.

Parson is an implacable juggernaut.  He is a brutal and straightforward combatant, charging on his hellish mount, hacking away with a jagged tomahawk, and commanding an animated noose.  

The Man of Eyes is torturous and sadistic, crippling and disabling his opponents.  The most common of his tactics revolves around inflicting confusion and insanity via the Symbol the Party saw in the (hopefully) alternate timeline.  His vestments also possess the ability to focus on a single target, causing them to falter when attacking The Man of Eyes himself.  Crow is also aware that the Symbols, when utilized in their full power, take time to fully coalesce and are vulnerable during this wind up.

The problem with nights other than Sunday or Monday for me is that I have to get up pretty early wednesday through sunday.  Saturday afternoon would work, but by that point we are almost completely around to when the next proper schedule would be.

Life happens, no worries.

Blades and magic vibrate with the promise of death.  Shreds of anxiety, rage, madness, and fear shatter with the vestments of the raving priest.  

The Man of Eyes falls to his knees, then his fours.  Eyes, milk white, roll upwards and streak with blood.  Ululations, a litany of madness, like a bedlam house cast in the light of a hunter's moon.  Languages all and none cascade from the gyrating form, rocking violently from the marble floor.  The cacophony reaches a discordant crescendo, then ceases.  The spasms continue until, in another sliced moment of time, the Man of Eyes vanishes, along with the Red Symbols burning about the enchanted braziers.

Silence.  Ears adjust as insane echoes strangle.  A hum, the reverberation of the magical containment.  Movement catches the eye.  Heads turn.

Parson, watching from astride his pale horse, still surrounded by the impenetrable magic, dismounts.  His jaw clicks once, and the beast fades.  Eyes of Hell, locked on Jenny, never straying.  A hand, skeletal, raises the strange pistol.  The other hand, desiccated gray flesh, slides along the top of the weapon.  A puff of steam, the movement begging a sound that does not penetrate.  The steam weapon finds a home in a worn loop of leather, hanging from the revenant's side.  The gray hand reaches down, removing a long, fire-blackened knife from a cracked boot.  The skeletal hand grasps a tomahawk, a primeval weapon of obsidian and petrified wood.

Both weapons move in slow circles as Parson drops into the stance of a predator, waiting for the magical shell to expire.

It should be impossible for a flesh-stripped skull to grin.