MadCast: Munsa

Planescape 5E Conversion

Jenny's Yearlong Sabbatical in super fun town time:

1. Jenny invests all her money into building her brand, except for the final month. Let me know what the tally is then- Jenny might look to upgrade before fun times with Paladin lady.

2. Jenny builds two brands- 'Riot Gurl' and 'Party Rawk.' Her first brand, Riot Gurl, is dedicated to monetizing her and the acquisition's guilds fame for combat and adventuring and features gear and weapons and armor, provided by her Master smith (with underlings) and her tailor shop. It expands into potion-crafting (if Stacks institute is onboard) and providing nearly everything an adventurer could possibly need. Jenny's new look for the brand, which is what she wears now for adventuring (and should probably be updated for her token)

3c16636b56b7f32cb9b1b32238c82985.jpg

3. Her second brand, Party Gurl, focuses on an excessive lifestyle of crazy parties, outrageous activities, and other crazy shit. She invests in experiences (whatever Sigil has in the skydiving/bungee jumping arena) as well as party supplies and a formal/semi-formal clothing line.

4. Jenny, since Kelvin doesn't want to be personally associated with dreamspheres, rolls them into her Party Gurl lineup and heavily endorses and pushes them. She seeks Stacks, Kelvins, and Crows endorsement for spheres featuring their memories. She's prepared to, obviously, compensate those outside the loop of the investment with Marku.

5. Jenny does her crazy party planning, as well as spending most of her time getting invited to shindigs to be outrageous and interesting.

6. Jenny continues her training and her cadets training by spending most mornings in hiding. She places her fortress somewhere in the city where it won't cause mayhem to sleep, and then hides within a quarter mile of it at dawn, seeking to tag her students with a paintball-bolt before one of them can tag her.

Let me know what her final take in month 12 is after you take a look Munsa. :D

I'm actually working on just that.

Since you guys are really establishing yourselves as economic actors in the city, I'm doing some thinking about how to wrap up suitable realism (licensing, taxation, etc), satisfying loot progression, and efficiency in one package.

So after talking with some folks, reviewing my short and long term notes, and thinking, I've come up with a nice plan.  I'm going to start you guys on the first rung of a ladder.  How high this ladder goes is influenced by your tangible wealth, your influence, and your knowledge.  I don't know how high this ladder will go, because I don't want to cap it like that.  Along with a narrative impact, this will have tangible effect in the form of a stipend specific to each tier.  Here is how the first tier acts on the game/story:

First Tier: Unblooded Noble

None of you came from glory.  None of you were born with a silver spoon.  None of you were supposed to amount to anything.  Fate, or the lack thereof.  Despite the unfair odds and the desperate times, you have crafted for yourselves what was taken away or never had.  Home.  You are virtual celebrities, highly regarded professionals, and stinking rich.  Slightly smelly rich, at the least.  Still out there is your greatest triumph, the deed that will set you in infinite histories.  Still out there is wealth unimaginable.  Still out there is knowledge mightier than any army or magic.

Narrative impact: PCs possess influence with multiple ruling factions, considerable personal wealth, and peerless reputation and celebrity.  All basic needs can be met to a lavish extent with no need to keep track of particulars.  This can includes a home up to a modest mansion, and a small group of permanent servants.  The bulk of your wealth is still out there, either pouring into research, backing burgeoning businesses, doing naughty crimeboy things, or establishing an only-slightly nefarious charity (Oh Crow), and the dividends are yet to return in full. 

Mechanical Impact: 65,000 gold each to spend on gear.  On that note as well, to keep things simple I think it is time to start enforcing strictly the 3 attunements limit.  To measure this, any current gear may be exchanged wholesale on top of the 65,000g along with any current funds after your investments.  For now, let's shy away from the truly gamebreaking items.  If you think a choice crosses the line, ask.

For treasure going forward, I don't want this to turn into a chore of tracking loot.  Instead, we will have fanciful treasure of all varieties that will contribute along with narrative progress to forcing a tier upgrade.  If you guys do dope shit and find creative ways to loot, extort, steal, mug, or otherwise extract from the upcoming jaunt through the planes, progress up this ladder can happen sooner.  We will also still have gear and utility rewards, but will be condensing the money down into a more narratively freeing and mechanically simpler method.

Here's the sane magical prices: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8XAiXpOfz9cMWt1RTBicmpmUDg/view

And, since the world isn't all money and celebrity:
Shadowfell.jpg

To elaborate on what Munsa alluded to; while a fair bit of Crow's activities in the passing year would involve things that concern only the immediate group, his plan for using his wealth is a bit more philanthropic than what the rest of the group has done.

The plan is to establish a charitable foundation to provide shelter and security for those with no safe place to call home; extending refuge not just towards the homeless, but the pursued and entrapped. Most of this is out of genuine good will; after living in the seedier parts of Sigil for nearly four years, knowing what's it's like to have nowhere to go and no one to turn to for help, knowing how much an act of kindness can transform a person, and knowing that a lot of Sigil is just terrible, awful people(just like everywhere else), he'd like to help out those that lost control of their lives provide some modicum of stability to them. Some of it is out of guilt; he's killed an awful lot of people to keep his own life going, and not all of them did something to deserve the sting of his blade. Some of them were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. The success of this venture would go a long ways to assuring himself that yes, in spite of the curse he's overall been a boon to the world rather than a bane. (Sure, there's also preventing the unmaking of the multiverse and then subsequently preventing the breakdown of reality into a hellish rat's nest, but those were singular events, one of which was just maintaining the status quo.)

Speaking of the curse, there is a more selfish side to all this. Drawing the pursued and entrapped would, in turn, bring a lot of pursuers and the like to his attention. Sure, different people have different circumstances, but with a big enough draw he could potentially end up with an ever-shifting list of dirtbags trying to do harm to those he's taken under his wing(heh). Why scout the kips and inns of Sigil for someone to sate the curse when you can have a ready list of candidates for disposal at your disposal?

Yes, it's crazy, twisted, and audacious, but if you've come to expect anything less then you haven't been paying much attention.

Before our next sesh, which I am geared up for tomorrow, unless Voshay was planning on EotE, I need everyone to pin down where their alignment is.  Your environmental protection from individual planes does not prevent your ordinal position on the outer planes reacting to your alignment.

Was talking to Rife. Since we hit a good stopping point in Planescape, maybe we should finish the Star Wars arc, and then flip back to Planescape. We can just bounce back from arc to arc until Rife is free on Mondays again.

Also, Jenny is Chaotic Neutral as of now.

Edited by MadCast: VoShay

Funday Monday is tonight, and I'm assuming more than just the required wizard boy might attend.  None the less, I would love to throw down a session of Planescape tonight.  If we can't, no big deal.  I know Prince, Flap, and I are in.  BTW, have this!

The Acquisitor's Guild has gone from a small group of uniquely talented individuals to one of the fastest growing organizations in the city, and easily the most influential and powerful outside of the Factions themselves.  The once rather outdated manor is now resplendent, and sits at the center of a collection of structures, mingling with the Stacksonian Magical Research Institute and Archive.  Over the past year, the complex has gobbled up surrounding properties and bent them to a variety of undertakings.

Restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues under the "Mad Jenny" brand pepper this cultural sprawl.  Exotic luxuries and intoxicants, furnished in the grayest manner just above the law, are available and expertly managed by the combined efforts of Maarku and Kelvin Breeze.  Under the management of Jason Stacks, the Stacksonian comprises researchers, instructors, and curators in a multi-faceted organization whose primary research has spawned a vast number of small, convenient innovations.  Under the Acquisitor's  Guild block are a series of magically protected modest living quarters, used by Crow to shield the most vulnerable victims his charity attempt to help.

Behind the scenes, your delicate network of corporate espionage has resulted in a Byzantine game between your organization and a subfaction of The Takers made up of the major stakeholders in the Pridian Consortium.  With a gentle exchange of favors between yourselves and friends within the Fraternity of Order, Godsmen, and Harmonium, you have consistently come out on top of this game, however narrowly at times.  

Conversely, on the surface, the Acquisitors have become the beloved celebrities of the city.  Your reputation is peerless, powerful, and profitable.  

<One morning, as you meet at the AGHQ to continue your conversation with Lady Sylvia about necessary preparations for your expedition>

A rooftop patio serves as your meeting place.  Soft grey marble forms a gentle terrace, surrounded by shiny brass railing.  A deeply stained wooden table is pilled with morning refreshments, and even the smells of the city seem tolerable-bordering-on-pleasant.  Lady Sylvia, despite the heat of the morning, is wearing her full armor and regalia.  Eager to begin your first meeting since accepting the job to join her quest, she has several stacks of books scattered among the morning refreshments.  The only discordant note on a fine morning seems to be an unusual amount of traffic on the street below.

I've gotta say, a hailstorm was not what I expected the group to come up with to defuse a riot, but it was clever.

It didn't exactly win you converts from the Athars, but for the Factions that have a vested interest in a stable (relatively) Sigil, it was a close-to-the-edge-of-illegal solution that prevented potential chaos and loss of life.  This will not go unnoticed. 

Indulge me for a moment, boys.  On a scale from -2 to 2, if I gave the ranking one word: "Faith", where would your characters fall?

For your enticement:

A lone prison cell surrounded by foul black ice...

A kindly murderer from a familiar place...

A woman destined or damned...

A duel for the dead...

A debt paid...

-1 on faith; while Crow doesn't have anything against the devout(ire is something to be earned, like by marching a near-riot onto grounds declared, promised, and enforced as sanctuary), he himself doesn't hold faith in anything as  organized as a religion or faction philosophy.