Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: Butterslit

Butters BSOD

Question

Turned computer off for almost 8-10months and decided a few weeks back to turn it back on and get into gaming.  Of course there were many updates that needed to be had, and the hardware needed to be cleaned, etc. 

What I have done so far is: 

-Clean Computer

-Update Drivers

-Have done a few Windows Updates

But there are still many more Windows Updates I need to do and even though I am trying to download the updates. Nothing is happening. There is no download, KB movement, or any percent completion. I'm not entirely sure why even though I have left it on over night to see if maybe I was just being impatient, but nothing has changed. 

Downside for all of this is when I try to play WoW or LoL I get the BSOD and the message error is always the same which is I have either installed an update that is not working out or I need to install an update.  Not sure how to fix it since it keeps happening. 

*Also, still trying to download any of the Windows Update and it's still frozen at 0

3 answers to this question

I actually had this same problem recently, and I ended up having to use an offline tool, 'wsusoffline' to update my windows. So, if Scooba's method doesn't work, (cause I tried that and it didn't for me) hit up wsusoffline and try that.