Sign in to follow this  
MadCast Maday

Streaming Ideas and Input

So this coming January I am aiming to resume streaming once again but on a far more consistent and regular basis.  Of course various long term goals are awesome, but I need some input and ideas on where to start.  With that I thought I would start with polling the folks here in asking what they would be interested in watching on a regular basis to be played and streamed.  I stopped as my setup I had was just not ideal even for the short term.  My new setup is far more scalable as a proper stream setup.

Keep in mind to build a following I really need to keep the different games to a bare minimum.  To get a regular foot in the door I need to have a consistency in playing the same game(s) to at least get going.  

As to what I like to personally play:  FPS, builders/simulators, survival, some MOBAs, and RTS type games.  Toss League of Legends out right off the bat, that game and myself have parted ways.  

Please only post what you would be actually willing to watch be played and streamed.  Not what you think is popular but would never bother to watch yourself.  Since my Twitch name contains the MadCast name, I figured I would see what kind of demand is around these parts to try and cater to our members at least at the forefront.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

3 minutes ago, MadCast Maday said:

Toss League of Legends out right off the bat, that game and myself have parted ways.  

:inoutugh:

I'm sure the HotS crowd could use another ARAM streamer. It would be nice to get some consistent views to bolster the ranks. WoW raids would probably garner some views too!

I share the same ambition and while I already know which game is going to be my focus I will offer this small piece of advice:

Make your stream mean something.  

What I mean by this is don't just be another face playing the game.  Have a specific focus or a gimmick that sets you apart.  Maybe host a small Q&A with your followers after a match (while loading into another).  Explain why you made certain decisions and what angle you were aiming for.  Once you've figured out your angle, advertise it.  Make it your splash screen when offline, talk about it at the start of your stream, put it in your comments if you are exporting to youtube, etc.  Give a reason for viewers to come back.  It is easier said than done, but when it's done right it will work wonders.  

I won't even bother stating what game I think you should stream:snicker:

I too like the HOTS angle of course, and think that casting for chair league might be a good place to start, if the focus is on casting other people playing.  I know that Solid Jake was casting there and he's a pro caster.  

If you are interested in casting as you play, I have watched a lot of streams but the main stream that I enjoy for HOTS is by Grubby, mainly because he helps to keep me up to date with the meta, is a high calibre player, and most importantly, provides explanations ALL the time as he plays.  He is the only streamer I have ever subscribed to. Whether it has to do with drafting decisions, talent choices, map rotations or game mechanics, he provides a ton of very calmly presented and often times witty feedback to his viewers, that can help them to improve their game.  The fact that he is now a pro caster only goes to show how well his style of casting works.  

I generally watch all HOTS videos posted to the forums and would definitely be interested in following a knowledgable MadCast HOTS streamer.

Edited by MadCast: Angelix

I have zero interest in casting/commentating on league matches.  Streaming via Twitch means I'll be playing what I am streaming.

As to LoL, ARAMs I could play but otherwise I have such a limited skill set in LoL to play anymore would make it rough for LoL to be my personal starting point to base the kickoff of a stream.

Just put some Benny Hill on while you play League. 😆

A game is a game. While some games may be more interesting to watch than others, what often matters is what you are bringing to the table. How are you going to interact with the game/your followers, and what game supports that? Are you going to talk about the game mechanically? About Strategy? Pound shots of tequila? That's the question that'll help select a game.

On 12/19/2016 at 10:31 AM, MadCast Maday said:

As to what I like to personally play:  FPS, builders/simulators, survival, some MOBAs, and RTS type games.  Toss League of Legends out right off the bat, that game and myself have parted ways.  

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

What I'd be interesting in WATCHING:

FPS: BF1 and/or Overwatch
Builders/Simulators: Star Citizen
Survival: ARK
MOBA: HOTS
RTS: Civ 6

Not sure if interested, but I would totally watch stream/vid guides. For example, "How to setup your computer to Steam" From hardware to software to setting up OBS optimally, to outputting to twitch, etc.