MadCast: Sanjo

Dauntless: Come hither all Diablo, ARK, and just about everyone else!

7 posts in this topic

So this game just came to my attention today. I'm sure people have seen it around (or maybe you haven't), but honestly I like how it looks and feels. \

It's Monster Hunter to the core, but throw in developers from Riot Games, Blizzard, BioWare, and Capcom and put it on PC. Go out and hunt giant "Behemoths" (*cough*monster*cough*) to gather materials to take on stronger Behemoths. For a game in its alpha stages, this is pretty darn impressive. Caution: may be very grind heavy, but for those of us who have played WoW, Diablo, etc., it shouldn't be out of the norm.

Oh. And did I mention it is free-to-play? May be "pay-to-win" given the background of the developers, but this may be something we should give a try. Closed beta invites may be coming soon! https://playdauntless.com/

Subscribed to the site for more info. Images I saw reminded me of Wildstar, which I enjoyed quite a bit, but didn't have enough time to really play.

Awards

This looks promising to scratch my Monster Hunter itch.

Awards

I can't really share much yet, until it goes into beta, but I have been playing around in the past 3 Alpha Test session for this. What I can say is that they are really in touch with the community of folks they're making this game for. Still has a good bit of polish to receive, but again still in Tech Alpha.

I'm down to give this a shot. I loved the old Monster Hunter games!