MadCast: rife170

League of Learning Feedback

38 posts in this topic

ITT: Feedback on previous learning events you participated in, and requests for things to see in the future.

Thanks in advance!

MadCast: Weirdly likes this

Implementing 1 on 1 or 1 on small party improvement, mechanically. Other than that, we have done good coverage of points and topics.

One thing i forgot to say yesterdaywas my favorite site is lolking.net . Highly recommend it

36 minutes ago, MadCast: candymaniam said:

One thing i forgot to say yesterdaywas my favorite site is lolking.net . Highly recommend it

op.gg friendo.

Love the champion analytics as well.

I agree with a one on one match but you can have 4 spectators in a game that I know of so make the games a 2 on 2 sum. Rift then have each player pair off with a coach, after a coached game put those 4 players in a draft pick normal and evaluate them against opponents not in madcast to see how well they can incorporate the training, some things, such as what to buy when and when it is a good idea to engage are universal skills for every player, I know I personally suffer from not k owing how to buy a proper build,and I don't always engage the smart way usually leading to my death, sorry but I took some time to mull over the ideas before just spitting it out, so I'm a few days late on my response 

RellimGurl likes this

No worries man, that's why the forums exist, it allows us to communicate outside of game/TS time. 

We appreciate the feedback. 

As far as builds go, and efficient skill leveling paths, a lot of the sites mentioned above already have the resources you need. 

Where it concerns the future of the Learning Event, I don't think we want to get bogged down in details that can be learned simply by visiting guide sites. We want to get direct feedback from our peers on our play mechanics and our decision making; and create a positive feedback loop where people feel like attending learning events not only builds their own skill and knowledge, but also builds others up. A rising tide lifts all boats so to speak.

Ahryse likes this

I think i may have dropped my responce in the LOlearning page

Kudos to the mods for making a separate group for the more experienced players. This was my favorite league event yet and the last game 22 kills to 20 was so close it was awesome.

7 minutes ago, MadCast: candymaniam said:

Kudos to the mods for making a separate group for the more experienced players. This was my favorite league event yet and the last game 22 kills to 20 was so close it was awesome.

The more people that show up, the more we can turn the event into something that can cater to specific groups. Those two matches were extremely close, and very fun.

If we keep up the numbers, we'll do it again next week.

I'd like to attend tomorrow but I'm having problems with TS3 on this computer. Any chance you could still teach me? I'm very willing to learn.

@everyone, just a reminder to let us know your thoughts on League of Learning! 

We're still in the process of refining the event, and all participatory input is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Definitely had a great time with the league of learning last night! Was some very close and fun games with epic's group! But i would like if there was a bit more focus at the end of games of people telling others what they saw that could be improved or what not! Thanks for the fun time though! 

43 minutes ago, MadCast: Uncle Dad said:

But i would like if there was a bit more focus at the end of games of people telling others what they saw that could be improved or what not!

We can make that happen.

Thank you kindly epic

League of learning was great on Books group the only thing is both teams won off of one person kind of. Both games were a big snowball were one person got a few kills and knew how to play to get further ahead and some players did not know how to shut them down so they took over the game completely. So I think we should work on shutting down someone who is getting ahead in at least the silver bronze group.

11 minutes ago, MadCast: Brootos said:

League of learning was great on Books group the only thing is both teams won off of one person kind of. Both games were a big snowball were one person got a few kills and knew how to play to get further ahead and some players did not know how to shut them down so they took over the game completely. So I think we should work on shutting down someone who is getting ahead in at least the silver bronze group.

I'll gab at you more about this, but balancing teams is usually going to be a struggle, so the admins do the best they can. We'll continue to work on it.

As for coalescing as a team to shut one individual down, that's also something that could be touched on. Good forward thinking!

Posted (edited)

Had a great time with epics group. That first game was so bloody intense haha.

Edited by Baal

Had a lot of fun in Book's group. Learned a lot about jungling and being adapative to certain situations i.e. what to do when the other jungler is in vision. Had a sick counter gank and ended up getting Brootos a penta kill. 

Funny story both teams had a penta kill. Brootos got one on Kog in the first game and Azir had one in the second.

Looking forward to more Thursday nights. No suggestions at this time tho.

As another week passes, so too comes League of Learning in two days.

If there is anything that you (The Participants) would like to see or do, toss it in the thread. If you want more 1v1's, more dedicated observers, more casual endeavors, you name it. We'll try anything once, and if it helps we'll swing it into our regular routine.

Keep it coming, and help us help you!

I think it might be a good idea to dedicate a shot caller on each team. Could be a good way to practice map awareness and objective control if we get everyone to take a shot at it.  

Awards

20 hours ago, MadCast: Lunalesk said:

I think it might be a good idea to dedicate a shot caller on each team. Could be a good way to practice map awareness and objective control if we get everyone to take a shot at it.  

I like the idea of a volunteer captain. Would definitely require some patience from the rest of the team if that person is new to the role.

I think overall the event was fantastic, the format especially was very constructive and allowed things to flow smoothly. 

Just a friendly bump.

As we keep running these events, it's important to get membership feedback on what you want to see more of. 

So, like... post that, and stuff. Yeah. 

I do think that a larger focus on the "Learning" part of this event is in order if people are really looking to progress there skills by being part of this event. Right now  having participated in many of the League of Learning events, I feel like there should be and even larger focus onto the learning side of thing. The state that the league of learning event is in feel more like 5v5 in house with only a " you did pretty good in lane" feed back. As an idea to implement an even better "learning" experience from this is for people who participate in this event to have their main roles and ranks marked down ( it would help with team organization for the admins) and for every league of learning event prior to the games we tell people to be looking for a couple specific things to be look for against you opponent for feed back ( example: csing, wave control, vision, trades, positioning, grouping, objective controlling, jungle clearing, pathing and so on...). Now if other people who are very often participating In this event already find the learning part already more than beneficial and prefers it at the state it is at right now, that is totally fine. But if people are finding they don't think they are getting to learn enough, then I'd like like to possibly implement in my idea as i do know many people are looking to improve in league ( especially myself) and myself personally feel that we could definitely be learning more from this event!

RellimGurl likes this