MadCast: rife170

League of Learning Feedback

My biggest critique is unfortunately how long it takes to get a match started. I would love to see some sort of sign up beforehand implemented with preferred roles and attendance (e.g. game 1, game 2). It took 15 minutes to get started today, and it's always a little odd getting everyone together and into a role they enjoy. I'm not saying we didn't get there, but it's something that could be drastically reduced.

I feel that if we can sign up for MCL, we can sign up in advance for LoL as well.

14 hours ago, MadCast: doublestufforeo said:

My biggest critique is unfortunately how long it takes to get a match started. I would love to see some sort of sign up beforehand implemented with preferred roles and attendance (e.g. game 1, game 2). It took 15 minutes to get started today, and it's always a little odd getting everyone together and into a role they enjoy. I'm not saying we didn't get there, but it's something that could be drastically reduced.

I feel that if we can sign up for MCL, we can sign up in advance for LoL as well.

I don't think that is an out of line critique. I will see what we can do. 

I know that usually this thread is left for critiques from what I have seen but I just wanted to say I thought the last topic was fantastic and we had some really competitive games last night but very little to no negativity DURING the game. At least on the teams that I was on. It is super refreshing to be that competitive and have everyone be cool headed.

2 minutes ago, 3footmonkey said:

I know that usually this thread is left for critiques from what I have seen but I just wanted to say I thought the last topic was fantastic and we had some really competitive games last night but very little to no negativity DURING the game. At least on the teams that I was on. It is super refreshing to be that competitive and have everyone be cool headed.

I'm not sure what you are complaining about here. Please make your feedback more critical. 

17 hours ago, MadCast: doublestufforeo said:

Can't say I agree with a sign up. League of Learning is something I want to attend to just chill and play if I can make it that week. MCL is definitely something I am trying harder in, so a signup is more necessary since it is a long-term and more serious commitment. I wouldn't want to punish a player for arriving early to the event because they forgot to sign up and I don't think you can expect consistency when signing up for a weekly event (at least from me because there is no way I'd remember). I think a sign up sheet would be good if we were getting like 40+ people.

I think the event usually ends at around ~11:15 anyways, which is probably largely due to our discussions being at least 15 minutes after each game... or it used to be since we deviated from the traditional lane by lane into late game rundown.

Awards

1 hour ago, MadCast: kyro said:

Can't say I agree with a sign up. League of Learning is something I want to attend to just chill and play if I can make it that week. MCL is definitely something I am trying harder in, so a signup is more necessary since it is a long-term and more serious commitment. I wouldn't want to punish a player for arriving early to the event because they forgot to sign up and I don't think you can expect consistency when signing up for a weekly event (at least from me because there is no way I'd remember). I think a sign up sheet would be good if we were getting like 40+ people.

I think the event usually ends at around ~11:15 anyways, which is probably largely due to our discussions being at least 15 minutes after each game... or it used to be since we deviated from the traditional lane by lane into late game rundown.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a sign up though. We were sitting in that lobby for 30+ minutes before the games started. While yes it was fun to get some ARAMS in beforehand. Maybe we can just start assigning things there and filling roles and secondaries as they come in beforehand so that we can do a quick pow-wow and then continuing on into the matches.

Personally I get home typically within 5 minutes of 6 PM PST. I have missed games due to traffic on the commute back, because I get pulled into a late meeting, or a meeting goes long. I could not reliably sign up for LoL if you expect everyone to be on 15 minutes before.

As I've said before, starting 30 minutes later is much more doable for me, but people want to end before 11 PM EST.

Awards

On 12/7/2018 at 4:28 PM, MadCast: kyro said:

I tend to agree with Kyro and  I love the discussions after the games and would hate to see those trimmed down because that is loads of fun for me analyzing what our mistakes or strengths were.

Edited by 3footmonkey

I'm going to repeat my critique from the town hall.  This event in particular should absolutely be streamed.  If you find yourself as the 11th man and just spectating when you have the ability to stream, then you should fire that stream up fellas and gals.  The stream will give an outside look and critiques in real time if you want to go back and watch your VOD, especially after your lane match tells you what they think you were doing wrong, would be  a lot easier to see it first hand.

Awards

26 minutes ago, MadCast: bigdommer said:

I'm going to repeat my critique from the town hall.  This event in particular should absolutely be streamed.  If you find yourself as the 11th man and just spectating when you have the ability to stream, then you should fire that stream up fellas and gals.  The stream will give an outside look and critiques in real time if you want to go back and watch your VOD, especially after your lane match tells you what they think you were doing wrong, would be  a lot easier to see it first hand.

I think this is a great idea. It is a different story to hear feedback and then watch it again than to just hear it and forget about it the next day.

Awards