It's March and you know what that means.  It's starting to warm up outside and Spring Training is starting up.  Besides all that there is also a little known event in College basketball called March Madness.  As with every other year I have opened a group for us to have a friend competition and each fill out a bracket.  

The group can be found here:   http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2017/en/group?groupID=1037592

The password is MadCast2017

Brackets don't open up for a few days still but wanted to get this post up to get people thinking about the trash talk to be had.

Is this like a predicting the field bracket, or a pick em challenge? 

Either way I'm winning, but the selection committee has made the predicting the field challenge a ton easier this year by releasing top 16 early.

EDIT: I found it, I'm winning this.

Edited by Mike

2 hours ago, MadCast: Mike said:

Is this like a predicting the field bracket, or a pick em challenge? 

Either way I'm winning, but the selection committee has made the predicting the field challenge a ton easier this year by releasing top 16 early.

EDIT: I found it, I'm winning this.

It's a pick em challenge.  Can't do your brackets for a bit still but wanted to get the HYPE TRAIN rolling early.

24 minutes ago, MadCast: Sotarkadin said:

It's a pick em challenge.  Can't do your brackets for a bit still but wanted to get the HYPE TRAIN rolling early.

I can't wait XD

Dammit Vanderbilt, all I ask is that you don't intentionally foul when you are AHEAD. Thank you. Also VCU, why, I had so much hope!

Yeah, they took an L. RIP Duke, RIP my bracket. Try again next year I guess. South Carolina played out of their minds.

SC is a great team when they shoot well, and they shot the hell out of it the past two games. I'm actually in the population who thinks that they have a real chance against Baylor. If they beat Baylor, they could easily wind up in Glendale.

Since I've moved to Kentucky during my freshman year of high school, you can imagine the amount of UK fans I see on a daily basis. Not to mention the crazy fanatics that clutter my newsfeed...

Anyways, as someone who doesn't watch basketball at all, other than when at a sports bar or at a friends house, I find it hilarious the amount of excuses fans around here come up with when UK isn't blowing out the other team. I had no clue that college teams had such budgets to include paying off the referees. My favorite is "They're obviously favoring the other team."

Anyways, even though I don't watch basketball (NBA or NCAA), I do find the games during March madness pretty intense. 

3 hours ago, MadCast: Bookworm said:

South carolina in the top 4 bby!!!! this makes Duke look better xD. Hope they win!

They're not allowed to win!  I have to go with my SWAG (scientific wild ass guess) bracket and root for UNC.

Awards

If South Carolina beats UNC in the finals, I win the other bracket pools I'm in, which would be nice as a college student. Pray for me.

8 hours ago, MadCast: Sotarkadin said:

Both of my brackets are all kinds of fucked this year.  Good thing I don't risk money on this shit, lol.

The funny thing is that a chalk bracket turned out to actually be the best play. All the top brackets are chalk or mostly chalk, which is extremely rare.

Yeah, looks like you do, congrats! I win my other two pools as long as Gonzaga wins, so I'm hoping for the best!