MadCast: rife170

Funday Monday 2.0

49 posts in this topic

Ladies and Gentlemen of MadCast, I am pleased to announce that next week, Funday Monday returns!

05/01/2017, 09:30 EST

The previous Funday Monday game modes were trimmed of outdated formats, tweaked for viability in modern League of Legends, and the flavor text removed for readability.

An admin running the event will roll dice to obtain two randomly selected game modes from the list, and everyone present will vote on which one we play first. If there's time for another game, we'll either play the second game mode or roll again depending on what everybody wants to do.

Our first week of Funday Monday 2.0 will feature 7 game modes, and as time goes on we'll be adding more by request and design. If you'd like to suggest another game mode not already included below, please post in the thread and keep in mind a few things:

1. The rules must be simple, and easily explained to a crowd of up to 20 people in less than 2 minutes. 
2. The constraints of the game mode must be unique from pre-existing game modes.
3. All new game modes must be run as inhouses. If you'd like to self-impose constraints and take them into norms or ranked, have at it! Funday Monday, however, will always be an inhouse-oriented event.

Without further ado...

Team Nation! 

Restrictions:
1. Champions: Each team must fill their roster with champions from the same nation, per team.
2. Gameplay: Blind SR or Blind HA

(Optional): Victory Points awarded to each team for every completed Banner of Command. 3 VP to the team that wins the game. Play to best of 2 out of 3 games. Team with most VP wins the match.

Ex: Team 1 is Demacia, Team 2 is Noxus. Every champion on each team must belong to the team's nation. 

Champion list by faction.

All champion info, if list is outdated.

Team Mechanic!

Restrictions:

1. Champions: Each champion selected must have in their abilities, the mechanic selected by the group. 

Ex: All champions have silence, slow, or shields, etc.

Team Role-Tag!

Restrictions: 
1. Champions: Each champion selected must be the role selected by their team.

Ex: Team 1 is Support. Team 2 is Marksmen. Each champion on Team 1 must have the 'Support' tag. Just b/c one can play a champion as support, doesn't mean they have that tag.

Team Item!

Restrictions: 

1. Champions: None
2. Gameplay: Each player, after their initial starter items, must buy the item selected pre-game before purchasing any other item. That item must remain equipped for the remainder of the game. (Potions and wards allowed)

Ex: Everyone votes Triforce as the Item of the game. After initial starter items, everyone must finish building Triforce before purchasing any other items. All items that build into Triforce can be purchased, but not in higher quantity than go into the build. This means you can buy 1 ruby crystal, but not two. When in doubt, ask the admin running the game. 

Color Madness!

Everyone on both teams chooses a unique color. (Colors must be unique to the team, but not necessarily the game)

Restrictions:
Champions: Random
Gameplay: Random SR or Random HA
Items: All finished items must significantly feature the player's chosen color. (Boots must be as close as possible to chosen color if available) (Bonus Fun if colors are randomly doled out as well)

Ex: rife170 - red. Champion - Galio. Items - Boots of Lucidity, Bloodthirster, Duskblade, Lord Dominik's Regard, Sterak's Gage, Ravenous Hydra

Team Species!

Each team must be completely comprised of one species. Ex: Human, Yordle, Construct, Void, Monster, etc. (Skins do not change native species of champion)

Restrictions:

Champion: Team Species
Gameplay: Blind SR or Blind HA

Team Smite!

Restrictions:
1. Champions: None
2. Summoner spells: Must have Smite
3. Gameplay: On every gank, the ganker stays in lane, one laner goes to jungle.

*Before Team Smite begins, randomize starting jungler after champions have been selected.

See you all on the Rift. =)

I am exited to give these game modes a try! I'll try and think of another type of game mode to add onto this for more variety!

Posted (edited)

I found a list of many potential game modes, some are pretty simple which would be a neat addition!

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=799438

"Protect The Queen" games mode peaks my interest the most out of that list!

(Note: The game modes requiring crystal scar should just be passed over unless applicable to Summoner's Rift)

Edited by MadCast: Uncle Dad

This looks really fun to have as an event! I hope to be there Monday to try it out!

All of this looks really fun actually. I think we should do a 5v5 where everyone on each team is the same champ, but no one on the same team can build the same item. How crazy would that be?

I'm down! I love alternate game modes. :D Some of my personal favorites are Ultimate Bravery and Catch the Teemo. :D

more than willing to be that teemo lol

Bumpity weekend hype bump. 

See you all on Monday. =)

This is very interesting and seems to be very fun also.

Plus another one could be like the color one but with champs and skins would count. So it could be like for example blue vs red. 

Ex: Blue (Sorceress Lux, Cryocore Brand, Soul Reaver Draven, Spectral Fiddlesticks, Spooky Gankplank)

Red (Foxfire Ahri, Dragonslayer Braum, Sanguine Garen, Santa Gragas, Blood Moon Kalista)

That'd be pretty neat to see. I do think, however, that access to an event shouldn't be cordoned off by people willing to throw cash at the game. =P

Bumpity Bump! See you all tonight at 9:00 pm. EST!

definitely be there

This looks great! I love Monday things...it helps mellow out some of my Monday madness from earlier in the day.

One of my favorite events. Nice to see people having to break out of the meta

Weekly Bump!

See you all on TS at 9:00 pm EST for this week's Funday Monday!

ill be there

Bumparoo!

Looking forward to seeing you guys at 9 P.M. EST!

WAIT DID I MISS IT!!

Weekly bump! 

I'll see you guys on the rift in a bit more than an hour from this post .. 9:00 EST

Weekly bump!

I have to stay a bit late at work, so I won't be able to start Funday Monday up until a bit later than usual. 9:30 EST is this week's start time unless another admin picks this up in the next 90 minutes. 

See you all there!

48 minutes ago, MadCast: rife170 said:

9:30 EST is this week's start time unless another admin picks this up in the next 90 minutes. 

I will be starting this at 9 EST until Rife arrives. I will see you all there!