Discipulus

PLat to plastic

11 posts in this topic

So I haven't played since s2 and I work on league of learning nights so I was wondering if anyone would have a good guide channel on youtube or something to catch me back up to speed. I was plat in s2 and then went off to play WoW and trove and rift then back to WoW then to hots then to AOF then to just about any other game you can think of. Recent years have been HotS which is pretty much the opposite of LoL whilst still being the same category of game. All this time has put me in the plastic tier of my own and am looking to get back into things.

Not sure about everyone else, but I watch several League streamers on YouTube, including: 

Nightblue3   (currently Diamond I or Master player but a previous Challenger player, jungle player)
Pants are Dragon   (current Challenger player, jungle/mid)
Redmercy   (current Diamond I or II, I forgot, mid)
Imaqtpie   (currently rank 9 in solo Q I think and has two other challenger smurfs, ex-pro player, ADC)
Dyrus   (former TSM top laner, Challenger, top)
Doublelift  (former TSM ADC, Challenger player, ADC)

Anyways, these people have taught me a lot and most of their videos have some sort of learning attached to them, sometimes.. lol. You already may know of these so feel free to discard this info! Hope that helped a little! 

Think I am maining sup again...is there a streamer who does sup

your best bet would be to either watch imaqtpie and see if he is duo'd with someone or i think recently probably krepo is the most common

Try aphromoo of you are looking at supp

Posted (edited)

Supportwise, Krepo was always the most insightful for me to watch. I'm not sure if he streams anymore, but people who tell you why they make their decisions are always the best to watch. If I can find a link to this video I recently watched, I will link it here later on.

I'll keep a lookout for some good streams and youtube videos for you.

Edited by MadCast: dappertiger

SoloRenektonOnly for the top lane, 100%

On 5/18/2017 at 9:04 PM, Discipulus said:

All this time has put me in the plastic tier of my own and am looking to get back into things.

I dunno dude, you were holding your own when we here playing last night. Mechanics are there, you just gotta get back into the swing of things,

On 5/21/2017 at 1:53 PM, Discipulus said:

Think I am maining sup again...is there a streamer who does sup

As @MadCast: dappertiger said, Krepo is a great resource. Scarra is another dude that swaps between support and mid, and does a great job explaining decisions in game. IMAQTPIE is a good one to see everything, but I'm a biased mid/adc main.

Keep an eye out for this dude whenever he goes live. TheLastAirbender is a challenger support main that plays most of the conventionals, and is a great bard player too. That should give you a  good start.

Also: If you are looking to dip more into supports that control the game and have the utility of multiple Swiss army knives, look to master Bard or Thresh. 

Thresh is always going to be useful, but Bard has grown to be a must have on my team. Playmaker E and Ult, and a comfortable one - two punch with Q and passive; my recent ranked games with Bard mains have made me a very happy man.

I am always down to make a video of me playing support and explaining the role if ya really want to get back into plat or higher ;) Hahhaa

On 5/24/2017 at 3:23 AM, MadCast: Uncle Dad said:

I am always down to make a video of me playing support and explaining the role if ya really want to get back into plat or higher ;) Hahhaa

That sounds great. I have been plat or the equivalent in several mobas so I know i can do it, but it will take a bit. Any gameplay guides at appreciated.