MadCast: Khaos

Saturday Night Slam! - Next Sesh 8/5/17 @ 9pm PST

3 hours ago, MadCast: Khaos said:

So one of my jobs is to create a set of NPW's (Non-Player Wrestlers).

Since we have some time, would you each like to create three NPWs for our game?

Wrestling Name:

Signature Move: 

Is referential humor game? Because I can do some things with that. 

Add in what they look like too.

VoShay, anything is up for grabs. I mean, the current champion is literally the Rock dressed up for his guest appearance on Star Trek Voyager.

<-----

Edited by MadCast: Khaos

We will be having our first "Session" tonight. Basically we are going to go over characters, and test out the system a bit.

If anyone would like to drop by and see if this is something they would did, then hop on TS around 9:00pm PST tonight.

Wrestling Name: King Coco

Gimmick: The Giant

Signature Move: The Hershey Kiss

Wrestling Name: Nightmary

Gimmick: The Indie Darling

Finishing Move: The Dream Eater

Wrestling Name: Cat Camera

Gimmick: The Manager

Finishing Move: No F**cs Slap

Name: Roy Landry 

Entrance: Deliberate & Eerie

Alignment: Heel 

Appearance: Roy is on the lighter side of a medium build being about 6'1 and 225 lbs. His hair is dark brown, cut short and slicked back with an unkempt full beard. He has grey-blue eyes and several tattoos most prominently featured being a skull tattoo on his back ( https://s-media-cache ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2b/56/b7/2b56b7c35a48167de12a48f0946d0356--native-indian-tattoos-indian-skull-tattoos.jpg ) 

To the ring during his entrance he wears a brick style black cowboy hat and a ragged brown leather jacket with the sleeves torn off. On the back of which is featured his brand of sorts, the confederate naval jack with an alligator skull at its' center. 

Ring Attire Style: Matte black trunks with branded black finger-less gloves and black wrestling boots 

Character "Feel"/ Inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ9lEH042pA

Promo Style: Cold and calculated, fairly low energy (See Jake The Snake Roberts in his prime) 

As a person Roy entered wrestling relatively late in life having his official mainstream debut at the age of 34, he started training at 29 and spent his years honing his technical ability on the indie circuits. He was never much of a showman to say the least, though he grew up watching wrestling and had an amateur background from highschool through college which he leaned on heavily for his in ring training and style, this combined with his training taking place in the wrestling territories of the Southern US made him kind of a purist of sorts, just as prime time die-hards may look down on him as an indie act so too is Roy leery of hardcore wrestlers and high flyers whom he largely views as glorified stuntmen ("Spot monkeys"). If he has a vice as a person it would have to be painkillers, prior to being a wrestler he worked commercial fishing, that combined with his drive to prove himself as an older guy stepping into wrestling has taken its' toll. 

Professional Goals: 

Roy doesn't aim to be the top guy necessarily, he hopes to have an iconic run with the companies designated "Workhorse" title (Like WWE Intercontinental Title in the days of Bret Hart and Mr.Perfect). He recognizes his age might be a long term issue so he doesn't mind putting young talent over, so long as he remains respected and is given his dues. 

Awards

Given the fairly limited role of the Creative in WWW, I was thinking about statting up the Monarch as a High Flyer and throwing her into the ring every once in a while (unless we have a substantial increase in players).

Thoughts?

Ring Attire when it is time to assert dominance

Out of the Ring or when she gets dragged into a match against her wishes

Entrance: Flies down from the rafters

Signature Move: Delayed Top of the Rope Butterfly Suplex (combo of This and This)

Role: Face to balance out things ... or Legend if we get another Face.

@MadCast: LTTelamon @MadCast: Grishal @MadCast: VoShay

So, I just found the section in the book called On Deck on pages 72-73 of the core book and I love it.

In the interest of collaboration, I think it would be fun if you each created a secret "Element On Deck" for each of the other two PWs and share them with me privately.

There are lots of examples in the book. This is also a great way to get the NPW's that you like involved.

What do you all think?

19 hours ago, MadCast: Khaos said:

I'm posting raw session recordings at the top of this thread. Session zero was marred by glorious technical hiccups. A true classic thanks to Derek "End of the Headset" Jordan.

So lame. I can't even express how angry I was. Thankfully, Steelseries has decided to accept my RMA, but it's gonna be a while before my communications are reliable again. 

14 hours ago, MadCast: Khaos said:

@MadCast: LTTelamon @MadCast: Grishal @MadCast: VoShay

So, I just found the section in the book called On Deck on pages 72-73 of the core book and I love it.

In the interest of collaboration, I think it would be fun if you each created a secret "Element On Deck" for each of the other two PWs and share them with me privately.

There are lots of examples in the book. This is also a great way to get the NPW's that you like involved.

What do you all think?

Need more data.

On 7/20/2017 at 1:21 PM, MadCast: LTTelamon said:

I have to go up to my parents' house this weekend. I will do my best to be available despite being on the road, but fyi in case I cannot make it.

I don't think I'll be able to attend, based on agenda up north. Sorry folks.