MadCast: VoShay

Kyen-Keil, The Forest World

We are eliminating possibilities, Lestrade.

Could I get a recap of the psychometry on the murder site?  Specifically any details about the assailant and the weapon.

Please correct me if I am wrong about these further details:

• There are 23 victims currently.
  • The local constabulary has no leads.
  • Upon Norab's questioning, the most recent victim named her former lover, Metum, as her killer.
  • Metum has not been seen in Caer Parth for a number of years.
  • The most recent victim was a bit of a pariah for taking a Kran as her lover.
  • All the murders were committed by a sword, with surgical precision.

• There are 23 victims currently.
  • The local constabulary has no leads other than obvious sectarian violence.
  • Upon Norab's questioning, the most recent victim named Mettem, as her killer.
  • Mettem has not been recognized as a known name by anyone asked about it.
  • The most recent victim's lover was a Kran gnome, who hasn't been seen in the city for years.
  • The most recent victim was a bit of a pariah for taking a Kran as her lover.
  • All the murders were committed by a sword, with surgical precision.

You saw a leonin figure in officer's gear and night-vision goggles take up her officer sword and commit the murder in the dark. The Aven seemed to recognize the killer.

Edited by MadCast: VoShay

Let's do a rundown of things the party has or has not accomplished in this arc:

Get paid for the job they took on when offered that pay: 👎

Stop a racially charged holy war from igniting: 👎

Extort the corrupt leadership for power or authority: 👎

Murder the Mayor of a city in front of most of his constituents, including the entire town guard, during a speech about how people who look just like you were the cause of all the town's strife: 👌

👏👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

Edited by MadCast: VoShay

4 minutes ago, Flapjack said:

I'm sure we'll make things even worse before all is said and done.

This is pretty much a promise.

https://media.giphy.com/media/dcubXtnbck0RG/giphy.gif

Edited by MadCast: The Prince

I'm glad we didn't genocide the town, maybe, but these animal folk are crazy.

Like do we even have a term for someone inflicting being a slaveholder on someone else via self-enforced servitude?  I can respect culture, but maybe Remn's culture is that HE DOESN'T WANT TO OWN SLAVES.

There is a Darwinian element to your neat little "point" in that a 7' stoneperson, a fighting game character, a barbarous half orc, Dark Elf Kain, and littleperson Baron Samedi might rank up a bit on the Do Not Mess with list, and if people/monsters can't read that than perhaps they were not selected to survive.

I do love that Metzel's duties all seem to revolve around performing tasks that are completely irrelevant for Remn.  He's self-regenerating and doesn't need to sleep, eat, or drink.  I am literally taking the wrong message from your lesson on cultural inclusiveness.

There's a small, easily ignored part of me that has empathy for Tormor.  He's a bad dude, but he's also going to face such disproportionate wrath that Mammon himself will avert his eyes.

I encourage Ian and Tai to ponder just how far a joint can be hyper extended.  Remn is keen on offering lessons in experimental anatomy to ease the dealmaking process.

What have you made me into