MadCast: RedJustice

Path of Fire Launch Day Fun - September 22

GW2 Path of Fire launches on Friday, September 22, which is in TEN DAYS!

Elona.thumb.jpg.1f7f44d2d06eeccf26e4cf4e4d932df0.jpg

Looking to see who else will be around to explore Elona and the Crystal Desert. Depending on interest I might organize some more formal stuff with giveaways and shenanigans activities, but we can also just have a relaxing night of beer, fun, and server lag while hanging out in TS.

If you have not played GW2 and are curious about the game, you should check it out! The base game of GW2 is free to play, so you can experience a significant chunk of content (all the way to max level) before making a decision to buy. If you make a free account, post here so we can add you to the MadCast Guild and so you can help getting started. I have updated the guide I wrote several years back for new players to answer common questions. Some things may vary for free to play accounts, but not anything substantial. If you have additional questions let me know.

If you are returning to the game after a long time away, let me know if you need an invite to the MadCast Guild or help reorienting. If you want to know if the Heart of Thorns Expansion is worth it, I say ABSOLUTELY YES IT'S AMAZING. But 10 days is probably not going to be enough time to explore the content, so if you aren't sure, get the current expansion and purchase Heart of Thorns later. :) You should log in asap to unlock the latest Living Story Episode of Season 3 though.

Official Expansion Website here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/path-of-fire/

Should I buy PoF if im still not done with heart of thorns? Im also trying to get a condi reaper build but Viper and stuff is really hard to craft since im relatively new to the game haha

@MadCast: Weirdly if you are really enjoying Heart of Thorns and think you will want to play PoF, I would suggest buying now to get the pre-order items. Keep in mind that the nature of the open-world content means that you may want to go to PoF zones in order to do events or content with other players, even as you are progressing through the story. Also let me know if you need help with completing your build! :D I have mostly max crafting.

@MadCast: SotarkadinNo, you can purchase them separately actually. You and @MadCast: Weirdlymight want to take a look at this chart for a breakdown of what's included in what: https://i.imgur.com/t3d699A.png 

Personally, I thought HoT was great and if you enjoy the story I suspect you'll end up buying it later if you get PoF now.

Edited by MadCast: RedJustice

@MadCast: Weirdly Well, some of the builds depend on what type of content you like to run- open world PvE, PvP, WvW, Fractals/Raids, etc but it looks like Viper armor is your best bet no matter what. Viper ascended armor is pretty expensive to craft but If you have ascended gear already or craft ascended gear that is not Viper you can mystic forge stat change the ascended gear using the Viper's exotic insignia and inscriptions. This let's you bypass the requirement of using Linseed Oil and you can get it faster likely. Where are you currently at with it?

@MadCast: RedJustice So far I'm relatively new so I've got exotic gear but I'm not sure what to do to get ascended viper in a quicker way because I still don't own ascended gear. currently running berserkers with valk trinkets. Is there something specific I should be doing?

@MadCast: Weirdly Well, there are a lot of ways to get gear in this game- I was more asking about your general approach- high tier fractals vs achievement chests vs crafting, etc. You can get ascended trinkets very easily from the HoT Living Story maps, usually within a week or so or collecting their currency.