Sign in to follow this  
crippledcookie

Settlers of Catan?

i was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing Settlers of Catan. its on steam and its free to download, however to get the full version (make custom games to invite people and expansions) it cost $11. They start you off with 100 gold (gold is used to buy the full version) and 2 scrolls  (temporarily unlocks the custom game feature and can be used to get into events) so if someone wanted to try it out without spending any money. the free version allows you to join random games if you do not want to spend any money on the game, but would still like to play. New to the forums and first post so i hope I followed the rules/ posted in the right section. 

Love this game. We played it all day yesterday when our power was out because of the hurricane. Not sure how great I feel about the $11, but if other people are feeling interested in this, I could be persuaded :)

http://games.asobrain.com/ has Xplorers (basically Settlers of Catan with cities and knights expansion), Toulouse (basically Carcassone with 2 expansions) and Roadblock and pairs but I never played those two. I used to play there with my now wife, but gf bk in the day. It also has a ranking system where you can play vs random other human players. Or play vs bots to practice. Also if you just play for fun there is a bunch of different maps you can play. 

After I played there they apparently have enforced stricter registration rules, but i seem to have some invite credits lying around if ppl are interested and want to expedite that process. If anyone wants to give it a go poke me on TS and i will try to help you get registered. 

13 hours ago, Hiaman said:

http://games.asobrain.com/ has Xplorers (basically Settlers of Catan with cities and knights expansion), Toulouse (basically Carcassone with 2 expansions) and Roadblock and pairs but I never played those two. I used to play there with my now wife, but gf bk in the day. It also has a ranking system where you can play vs random other human players. Or play vs bots to practice. Also if you just play for fun there is a bunch of different maps you can play. 

After I played there they apparently have enforced stricter registration rules, but i seem to have some invite credits lying around if ppl are interested and want to expedite that process. If anyone wants to give it a go poke me on TS and i will try to help you get registered. 

tried to register but they dont allow "@gmail.com" email addresses lol... ill try another i guess. just a heads up to anyone interested in using this site. also, there is a 5 day waiting period for new users and a limit the set on new users. 

Edited by crippledcookie

I would play some Catan.  I'll check this out when I get home from work this afternoon.

In the meanwhile, have a link: https://en.boardgamearena.com/

LT, Disma, myself, and an assortment of other used to play a ton of games on this site, most notably Puerto Rico.

5 hours ago, MadCast: Stan said:

Honestly, Settlers of Catan is a $50 board game retail. $11 for a digital version isn't bad at all.

When you put it that way makes it even more appealing.  I really enjoy settlers of catan. I would like to host a settlers of catan event will post something soon.

On 2/20/2018 at 9:52 PM, crippledcookie99 said:

hey all just applied for FM, but regardless id love to get a online game of SoC of something similar going. let me know if you're interested.  

I've never played before But I'm down I'll do some research on it

I'd still like to get a game going. i have the full version and from what ive read i can invite people who have downloaded the free version. not 100% on that, just from what ive read. send me a message on here or discord if your interested. 

Awards

2 hours ago, MadCast: Gokudera said:

I have the free version and would love to get a game going with whoever wants to play. My steam name is MadCast: Gokudera.

same, MadCast: CrippledCookie is my steam name, let me know if you are interested. 

Awards

I looked into the Free-To-Play version but it has a lot of negative reviews. I have only ever played the physical board game so I'm unsure of how to proceed, but if anyone is able to help me set it up on my end without buying anything I would gladly join.

11 hours ago, Staff Sausage said:

This is Catan Universe right?

yes, there was a pay to play option that i had got but i dont see it now. it was so you could make a party and play with friends otherwise the free to play was just joining random games.

Awards