MadCast: Epic

There are Two Months Left in the Season. Here's how you can reach that Next Tier.

5 posts in this topic

Shameless post steal from Reddit, credit to u/CommandoYi. I've omitted a couple things from this list, so feel free to check out the OP here.

If any of you want to build on this at some point, we can have a deeper look at League of Learning!

There are two months left before the season ends and many of you are aspiring to reach the next tier and you are probably feeling overwhelmed by the struggle you've faced so far. There isn't a whole lot that can be done about the dice roll that decides who your teammates and opponents are but there are a number of strategies you can use yourself to improve your odds of winning every game. I have a number of video's below covering various topics designed to help you get better and win more games regardless of whether yasuo is on your team or the enemy team.
Most of these are quick tips/strategies that can be used to collect free kills and establish a lead. A playlist of briefly narrated decision making snippets. A full on tryndamere guide for making it to diamond if you don't like thinking too much. And a handle of fully narrated games explaining everything I do and why I do it.

• How to close out a game once you have a lead. Be sure to close it out before your team has a chance to screw things up
  • The signifance of the Rift Herald. This is the only teammate you will get that knows how to close out a game so use her wisely 
  • How to get fed and throw a game. Odds are you're very good at this already as a Yasuo main and this video is designed to open your eyes
  • The importance of adapting builds to your opponents. Don't build the same shit every game
  • How to pace yourself between camps to pull of better ganks striking a good balance between farming and ganking
  • Smurfs happen, here's how to beat them
  • How to gank lanes that are warded
  • The importance of breaking jungle paths to help teammates
  • Strategies around teleport for winning games
  • How to initiate team fights properly. No more going in 1v5 as Yasuo and asking where your team is
  • How to position properly. If you main ADC watch this
  • The importance of tracking junglers
  • How to play tanks properly
  • Overstaying, odds are you've died from this, learn to identify the signs (This is a big issue for me -Epic)
  • Working around tilted teammates to win games
  • The significance of mobility on immobile mages
  • How to climb ranked quickly
  • The significance of roaming to win
  • A beginners guide to jungling. A bit old but still relevant
  • Exploiting the pathing of opponents
  • Why people get trapped in elo hell
  • How to gank bottom lane
  • How to beat counter junglers, old but relevant
  • Best control ward spot in the game, old but relevant
  • People love farming minions, kill them for this habit
  • How to manage losing lanes
  • Do you want to improve your decision making? Here are a number of short videos on making good decisions in game, narrated explaining my thoughts
  • A Playlist of fully narrated game play at plat/diamond

I'd like to get into silver before the season ends, but if I'm being honest I still don't have the game knowledge and map awareness to pull it off.

I've been trying to branch out from support into jungle, and trundle has been fun so far. If anyone has some jungle tips I'd appreciate it!

2 hours ago, MadCast: UltronFtw said:

I'd like to get into silver before the season ends, but if I'm being honest I still don't have the game knowledge and map awareness to pull it off.

I've been trying to branch out from support into jungle, and trundle has been fun so far. If anyone has some jungle tips I'd appreciate it!

There are some pretty great jungle videos above!

Do you get anythign for beingin Bronze?  I haven't done any placement games, but wasnt sure if it was even worth it bc I know I will be in bronze.

You get the bronze icon. I think an icon is all you get for silver and below, but silver does get you a border.

Edited by Lokenn