Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: Angelix

Divinity OS2 - Really Really Really LFG!

Hi folks, 

I've been playing single player Divinity OS:2, and while I like the game, I long ago moved on from truly enjoying single player games.  I also feel that this game in particular has some real replayability if you are part of a regular group, as you can play completely unique characters each time.  The surprise might be gone from the encounters, but how you achieve your goals could be completely different each time (or at the very least, how your character does it).

I particularly like the differences between alive and undead characters, as they bring some interesting class combinations to the table.  However, playing single player doesn't allow you to explore the breadth of these options, since your companion races and personalities are fixed.

My main issue here is that I like to play a character that I've created from the ground up, with a firm concept in mind.  Multiplayer does not permit this unless you have a group of friends who start playing together and keep playing together.  It's much like a D&D campaign.  On that note, I'm wondering if anyone is willing to commit to joining me in this endeavor?  As far as I know, you cannot start a multiplayer game of this nature without four actual players.  Unless you want to have one of those slots revolve between random people when others cannot make it, you need to play as a 4 person group every time.  This requires a lot more commitment than, for example, Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights, but could have amazing dividends if folks are willing to commit to the long haul.  I am looking for 3 other such people.  

The beauty of this is, even if you have another group, there's no reason you cannot be part of multiple groups, aside from actually having time to commit to playing with both groups and the ability for them to not interfere with each other's "sessions", much like a true D&D campaign.

I am not able to commit to a set schedule (I'm a shift worker for probably the next year or more, doing 5 days on, 5 days off, and alternating between nights and days).  It's hell to arrange for set timings with a schedule like that, but I would be willing to try and play any time the four of us are around.  It's not quite as bad as it sounds since due to my remaining leave stored up I'm only working ten days out of every thirty until April, but still. 

If there's some way to play the game with fewer than four, I would also be willing to attempt that (maybe even an iron "lone wolf" mode with only two players), but I don't know if that's even possible, and it would lose a lot of the dynamic I'm looking for.  The main thing is, I don't want to have to micromanage a group of 3 NPCs in single player all the time, I want it to actually feel like the D&D campaign that Divinity 2 attempts to emulate. Listening in on Munsa's game the other night was a lot like listening in on a D&D session.  I love the concept, I just need folks who are up for starting a group (or second group =P) with me.

TLDR:  Single player is fun to play around with concepts, looking for real live folks to make this game the blast it should be, arranging subsequent play sessions for our group pretty much every time we finish playing a session.

Cheers!

Edited by MadCast: Angelix

Further to this, I would like to try out an all undead group, if anyone is game for that.

My thinking is that initial classes would probably be best served by taking 1 skill tree of their choice + geomancy.  We then develop our characters however we see fit.  Fighters and Wayfarers both come with geomancy in their base kit (1 Warfare, 1 Geo and 1 Huntsman, 1 Geo), but really it's up to everyone what they want to play.  

The reason I suggest Geomancy is because it gives heals/damage (in the form of poison), aoe CC/slow that takes effect BEFORE armor has been reduced (pre-placed oil patches are invaluable in controlling how a fight starts!) as well as moderate ranged damage, and physical armor regeneration (through fortify).

A full group of undead would receive tons of healing from all of the poison at our disposal (including the ability to change blood and water pools into poison using Corruption).  I even use poison wands and staffs for free healing when I have nothing else handy.  Poison potions and poisoned food are really easy to come by, since a barrel of poison can turn any empty bottle into a poison bottle, and poison any food, resulting in more "healing" potions than you can shake a stick at.  Healing potions can be turned into poison potions once you pick up the icky skeletal finger.   

Another perk to undead is that whoever is your thief gets unlimited lockpicks (they use their finger).  Undead Dragons retain their ability to dig in sand as well, which is what I'm playing right now.  

In solo Tactical mode I'm running as an undead geo/hydro (with a little aero now tossed in for teleport) as the main support.  I have Fane as Wayfarer, mainly Huntsman, with a little scoundrel now for adrenaline rush and the extra teleport.  I'm running Red Prince and Lohse as Warfare/Geo, one (the tank) with a little pyro for buffing haste and the other (damage dealer) with scoundrel for mobility and adrenaline rush.  I've been using one with a sword/shield and the other with a two hander, but I think I'm about to drop the shield for a second nice one hand weapon and see how it goes now that I have lots of shield regeneration skills.

I wouldn't mind starting a group to play with you and an all undead group was something I had been interested in from the beginning. In my own solo campaign I have somehow managed to get myself to around lvl 13 with around 60 hours on the game so its a real commitment. Just let me know when you want to get started I should be available most times during the day and almost all the times on a weekend.

Awards