thevagrant

Introduction - thevagrant

17 posts in this topic

Hey guys, just wanted to take a sec to introduce myself. I'm a lifelong game (29 years old) but I've mostly stuck to consoles and have never been the biggest online gamer. Got a wife and daughter and all that fun jazz. Like most of you, I'm a complete nerd who's honestly just trying to find cool people to game with. I recently I decided to check out GW2 which is my first real time with an mmo and I'm still learning how to play. It's a lot of fun but I can already feel my enthusiasm waning so it was recommended to me to join a guild and actually play with other people. I'm not great, but like I said I've been gaming since the NES days so I pick things up quickly. Also people tell me I'm funny. If anybody is trying to play that would be awesome. I've been jumping on around 8-9 o'clock eastern time just completing map goals and mining copper. If anybody was trying to group up tonight leave me a message. I'll leave my toon's info. Nice to meet everybody!

Evan.7943

Lv. 20 Charr Warrior - Digity Derr

Current Location - Plains of Ashford

Current World - Gate of Madness

1 hour ago, MadCast: Epic said:

Welcome!

Let us know if you play any other games too!

Definitely. Honestly, though the bulk of games I play tend to be single player; this is pretty uncharted territory for me. The ones I do play that are multiplayer like Bloodborne or Dark Souls I haven't played much with others. However, I am definitely trying to branch out.

Here's a list of some multiplayer pc games that I have and have played a little or been sitting on for way too long:

Starcraft 2

Diablo 3

Overwatch

Dota 2

Team Fortress 2

I'm a scrub when it comes to mobas, mmos, and strategy games because my hotkey game is pretty weak, but I gotta get around to them sometime, right? If anybody has any suggestions or recommendations for other games let me know. Right now I'm pretty keen on sticking with GW2 but it's good to have a backup.

1 hour ago, thevagrant said:

Definitely. Honestly, though the bulk of games I play tend to be single player; this is pretty uncharted territory for me. The ones I do play that are multiplayer like Bloodborne or Dark Souls I haven't played much with others. However, I am definitely trying to branch out.

I'm a scrub when it comes to mobas, mmos, and strategy games because my hotkey game is pretty weak, but I gotta get around to them sometime, right? If anybody has any suggestions or recommendations for other games let me know. Right now I'm pretty keen on sticking with GW2 but it's good to have a backup.

I hear you. Stellaris and other grand strats are my single player weakness when I don't feel like dealing with @MadCast: Soupcup's in multiplayer games.

If you're looking for a backup, you could learn some LoL. We run a couple events a week that are good for people learning the game to branch into. Hit me up if that is in your scope.

24 minutes ago, MadCast: Epic said:

I hear you. Stellaris and other grand strats are my single player weakness when I don't feel like dealing with @MadCast: Soupcup's in multiplayer games.

If you're looking for a backup, you could learn some LoL. We run a couple events a week that are good for people learning the game to branch into. Hit me up if that is in your scope.

I may, but honestly, I'm kinda turned off by the whole "only able to play ten characters that rotate" thing. I heard it's fun though.

Welcome to the community! I tried my hand at TF2 awhile back, but I ended up a CS:GO nerd for the longest time XD

24 minutes ago, thevagrant said:

I may, but honestly, I'm kinda turned off by the whole "only able to play ten characters that rotate" thing. I heard it's fun though.

They are bumping u[ the amount of rotation champs again here shortly, and making sure to include at least 3 champs per role. All in all, it'll let you play and get used to one role before you get forced elsewhere, and is a bit more forgiving on the new user.

Not mention, they are overhauling the in game currency to make it friendlier as well. Now is the time my friend.

But hey, you're talking to the guy responsible for continually pitching this game; so I would take my view on it with a grain of salt haha.

You'll find a number of Diablo and Overwatch players here too.  Welcome =)

When it comes to Dibbles, I usually just Dabble... :P

Welcome! If you have any questions or other games you may find interesting, definitely ask any one of us for more info! I also was a console gamer growing up, and my real first multiplayer game for the PC was Age of Mythology (when it first came out)... ah, the good ol' days of Cat'N Mouse and Norse Wars. Also, definitely search for a guild or people to play with in any MMO. I have lost interest in other MMOs simply because I play too much on my own xD. We do have some members here who play GW2 (as well as others), and plenty others just itching to play Destiny 2 if that has ever piqued your interests. We also have some Overwatch players, including myself... but I suck at Overwatch unless I'm playing Roadhog or Junkrat (though PotM in our recent admins vs members matchup would tell you otherwise xD).

I look forward to seeing you around!

Hi Evan. ^^ Stick around long enough and you'll get sucked into the various other games our members play, I'm sure. I also enjoy a lot of single-player games (or limited multiplayer games). Current favorites: Terraria, Rimworld, Stardew Valley, and Starbound. We have some Diablo 3 players who get together when the new seasons come out usually, and LoL is a great game to pick up for when you want something a little different. Pretty easy to get in on drunk ARAM nights and other casual shenanigans in the community! :D

Welcome welcome~ I hope ya enjoy MadCast! I also am playing GW2~ 

Glad to have you aboard!

I, too, have been an avid console gamer most of my life (aside from 7 years of Runescape). It was only a few years ago that I got into PC, starting with League. I haven't playe dmuch GW2 lately, but I have a level 80 warrior, and some other lower level chars if you ever need someone extra to play with. The game, in my opinion, is VERY fun once you get into the Dungeons & PVP. I'm just not very strong at WOW-esque games, so I ended up stopping.

Now, when it comes to Overwatch...DIFFERENT STORY. If you want to give OW the old college try, I'm more than eager to help you out. I'm usually sitting in the Overwatch room on our Discord most afternoons & evenings. I'm always looking for more folks to play with!

Welcome; I feel like I need to update GW2 now and load it up