OnceSane

Intro - OnceSane

15 posts in this topic

Howdy Doody, My name is Trevor and I'm looking to be more involved in GW2 by joining a Guild due to being fairly new to the game. From what other games I've played, I've found that playing solo can only get you so far, and usually ends in one growing bored and the abandonment of the game... it seems it's the community that keeps you playing something, and not the game itself sometimes. I've played most MMORPG's with my primary being WoW for the last two years, and regretfully Runescape for about 9 years (although not actively since RS3 hit... Piece of #$%@). I've mostly been burnt out of WoW as of this point, so i'm trying to expand my reaches and try out certain games that have been on my radar for a while. I'm basically a pure PvE player with a lot of experience raiding in WoW. Though, from what I've seen and heard, PvP in GW2 is rather unorthodox compared to most games... so who knows? I might stop being a care-bear (with a lot of convincing).

I recently hit level 80 on my Guardian about 3 days before the latest expansion hit, so I'm getting a bit of information overload having to get used to two expansions at the same time. Plus, I seem to be lacking the "git-gud" factor due to the live-action combat system, which is not something i'm used to... which I hope to change.

As for real life, I'm a relatively new Registered Nurse, with a year of experience under my belt as of this point. I work on a Telemetry floor, which is a unit that focuses on cardiac issues... Every patient that I take care of may have something wrong with their heart (whether it be the primary reason they were admitted, or a co-morbidity), so they all have a heart monitor on with someone in the hospital watching their heart rhythm 24/7. So, it has been a rather interesting experience thus far. That being said, due to being in the healthcare field I could potentially work every day of the year, so my schedule is all over the place. That also means that I could be off on days that others are not, like the weekdays. I understand this is a factor to consider due to mentorship assignments, but I hope something can be worked out.

So yes, I'm looking to apply for full membership. I found out about this Guild through a reply to a LFG post I made on the GW2 forums, in which RedJustice enticed me with a customized post that wasn't a copy + paste wall, or a "Oi, here's link, cleek it plz. TY." Dem first impressions, dey be gud.

So, it is nice to meet  y'all, and I hope to get to know ya'll better in the coming month!

Welcome =)  While I haven't played GW2 or WOW in years, I know that there are a number of folks who have been playing.  I hear you on the wow burnout.  Hope you find what you're looking for!

First impressions are always good, eh? :P I hear ya on the robo-responses. Leave copy-pastas to the Twitch chat.

Welcome! Sadly, I do not play GW2 (been hooked on FFXIV though). Having said that, I hope we may be able to play in a common game sometime down the line! 

8 minutes ago, MadCast: Sanjo said:

First impressions are always good, eh? :P I hear ya on the robo-responses. Leave copy-pastas to the Twitch chat.

Welcome! Sadly, I do not play GW2 (been hooked on FFXIV though). Having said that, I hope we may be able to play in a common game sometime down the line! 

I play plenty of others, I just listed the main ones... it's just finding which games we have in common!

Hellooooo Trevor! Glad to see you made your way here and posted an introduction, and also glad to see you are interested in being a Full Member. :D I have to say, I have tried a lot of MMOs but GW2 is the only one I have an ongoing relationship with. I think it's the place/world-building. Excited to explore Tyria with you.

Also, your job sounds stressful (I imagine someone watching heart monitors like an air traffic controller). I know we have a number of members who work in the health field as well.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome dude, it was good meeting you today!

7 hours ago, OnceSane said:

So yes, I'm looking to apply for full membership.

You are now a candidate for full membership. When in TeamSpeak, please wear the [C] tag as in [C] OnceSane. In one month the Senior Full Members will vote on your membership. Should you pass, you will become a full member. You will then be required to wear the MadCast: OnceSane tag. Should you fail, you may reapply and the candidacy period will begin again.

You have been assigned the following FM+ to mentor you through the candidacy process: MadCast: RedJustice. Please attempt to contact your mentor in the next few days. They will be looking for you as well. They will be your primary resource for community related questions and will have a mid-candidacy check in about two weeks into the candidacy period.

A few tips for a successful candidacy:

* Please familiarize yourself with the MadCast Code of Conduct that all must abide by. Check out the New to MadCast section for more useful information!

* Be active on the forums! Check it regularly and participate when possible. If you find something interesting then share it! Chances are someone else will find it interesting as well. Being active on the forums is a good habit to learn, and is one of the main criteria noticed during your candidacy.

* Join us on TeamSpeak! Even if you don't have a mic you're welcome to listen in. Being active on TeamSpeak and playing with other members is the best way to be noticed around the community!
Teamspeak 3 Server: ts3.madcastgaming.com

* Use the same name on both the forums, TS3, and in-game when possible. If not possible make sure people know who you are! We rely on feedback from our members when evaluating full membership and they can't give positive reviews for you if they don't know who you are.

* Join the MadCast Public Group to make it easy for us to contact you, and for updates on Steam

If you are having a problem please attempt to contact your mentor first if they are available. If not please contact an RFM or SFM. If a Staff member is needed the admins will consult them. A list of admins can be found at this link.

Last but not least the requirement for you to even be eligible to be voted on can be found here.

Welcome to the community! Glad to have you.

Welcome to MadCast! Good luck on your candidacy~ (I also play GW2 and relatively newish) ^~^