MadCast: Mike

MadCast League Season II

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

MadCast's Weekend Clash

TARGET START DATE: OCTOBER 28th

MadCast Full Members and Candidates, season II of our season-based event is upon us. After a successful first season 'test run', we're ready to give this season a go. Please note the changes in rules from last season, as this season will look a little different.

Team Rules/Registration:

• Registration deadline: October 21st at 11:59 P.M. EST
  • Allowed 8 members on a team, but may have as little as 5 (5 starters 3 alternates)
  • Must have a captain designated for each team.
  • Must be a Full Member or current Candidate (as of the posting of this thread) to register.
  • By registering, you are inherently agreeing to the MadCast event Attendance Policy, and you are expected to adhere to it. Failure to abide by the Attendance Policy can result in administrative action against your participation from future season(s).

In-Game Rules:

• All members must observe and abide by the MadCast Code of Conduct at all times
  • Members of the teams are encouraged to be online and out of game at least 15 minutes before match time.
  • Starting players must be declared by request of the opposing captain if there are more than 5 players present. This should be requested and completed at least 5 minutes before the start of the match.
  • Matches are a series of best of 3 games
  • All matches are to be played on Summoner’s Rift with 10-ban Tournament Draft
  • Teams must have at least 4 members of the team present to participate
  • Teams get one non-technical related “time-out” pause, and one pause for game and technical issues per match in the regular season.
  • The non-technical “time-out” is not to exceed 60 seconds.
  • Technical issue time-outs are indefinite to a reasonable extent. If after 10 minutes the member cannot rejoin the game and a substitute is present:
  • If the game is under the 10 minute mark, the game shall be remade with the substitute after all courses of action are taken to reconnect, with the original player eligible to start the next game if the issue has been resolved.
  • If the game is past the 10 minute mark, the captain of the affected team may request a remake of the game from the other team’s captain. This would be a  “friendly quit”, where the match is restarted with a substitute. BOTH captains must agree to this.
  • In the event of any in-game dispute, the admins reserve the right to take action they deem necessary.

Substitutions:

• With the expanded roster sizes, only players registered on your team may participate.
    • This means that NO unregistered alternates, no matter who they are, are permitted to participate for your team
  • In the case of not enough members present to play, the team may elect to play 4 vs. 5, or forfeit the game.
  • There will be NO special accommodations to teams with only 5 players, so please sign up accordingly!

Scheduling:

• THIS SEASON, THERE WILL BE NO DYNAMIC SCHEDULING, YOU MUST PLAY ON EITHER THE DEFAULT OR SECONDARY TIME SLOTS.
  • All regular season matches will be scheduled as follows:
    • Each team is expected to complete one match (best of 3 games) biweekly against another team
    • Each match will be scheduled for every other Saturday at 9 P.M. EST by default, with the first matches commencing on Saturday, October 21st at 9 P.M.
  • If a team cannot participate at the assigned time:
    • The match is to be played on the following day (Sunday) at 9 P.M. EST
    • The captain of the rescheduling team must have notified the other captain in the 'Schedule Change PM' by the Monday at noon before the match. Any attempts after that will only be recognized if the other captain chooses to accept. Failure to abide by this will result in forfeiture of the match if your team does not show.
  • Admins are authorized to allow regular season match extensions in the case of extenuating circumstances, as deemed necessary by the admin.

Score Reporting:

• If an admin is present, the score will be directly reported by the admin, and no action is necessary. If there is no admin present:
    • The team captain of the team that won the match is expected to take screenshots of the post-game scoreboard of ALL games played in the series (Not just the games that team won) and PM them to me.
  • In the event of a dispute, the admins reserve full right to declare a forfeit, declare an outcome null, or any other action deemed necessary.

Season:

• The league season will consist of a set number of games (once the amount of teams is decided), with a tournament culminating at the end. The seeds will be based off of regular season records.
  • In the event of a tie of regular season records, the first tiebreaker is head-to-head record between the teams, if the head-to-head record is the same, then:
  • There will be a one-GAME playoff between the tied teams for seeding purposes

Tournament Format:

• The tournament will consist of biweekly, best 2 out of 3 matches to determine who advances.
  • The tournament round will alternate, for example, in the case of 4 teams:
    • Weekend 1: 1 vs. 4 game
    • Weekend 2: 2 vs. 3 game
    • Weekend 3: BYE
    • Weekend 4: Finals between winner of Weekend 1 vs. Weekend 2

Registration Options :

• Members may create their own teams and sign up in this thread
  • Members may sign up as a free agent to be assigned to a team
    • Free agents shall be sorted into teams at discretion of the admins.

Teams shall register in this thread as follows:

TEAM NAME

Team Captain: XXXXX

Team Member 2: XXXXX

Team Member 3: XXXXX

Team Member 4: XXXXX

Team Member 5: XXXXX

Team Member 6 (optional): XXXXX

Team Member 7 (optional): XXXXX

Team Member 8 (optional): XXXXX

Free agents shall register in this thread as follows:

Player Name: XXXXX

Level: XXXXX

Preferred Roles: 

I am signing up as a free agent.

I am/am not willing to captain.

Of the teams that will be playing their matches at designated default time, they have the opportunity to have their games casted and recorded. By signing up, you authorize anyone who streams or record on behalf of MadCast to use your name, likeness and gameplay for public viewing and recruiting efforts. The games that are streamed and recorded will be posted on the website.

There will be end of Season rewards for winning teams that will be announced at the time of the tournament.

Questions may be posted in this thread, or PM’d to myself or Epic. We are looking forward to providing and supporting this League through its Seasons at MadCast, and I hope to see you all taking part. Good Luck!

Edited by MadCast: Mike
edited to reflect new schedule

I won't be participating this season. Have fun all. It was a good time!

Player Name: UncIe Dad

Level: Silver II

Preferred Roles: Fill

I am signing up as a free agent, and possibly going to make a team of my own

I will be a captain!

MadCast: Mike likes this

Bump! This is going to be really fun guys!

Player Name: Deaf Monkey

Level: Gold V

Preferred Roles: Top

I am not willing to captain.

Player Name: MadCast Epic

Level: 30

Preferred Roles: Middle, ADC.

I am willing to captain.

Player Name: Unusedcaveman

Preferred Roles: Middle, Top.

Awards

Player name: Lunalesk

Preferred roles: Jungle/Support

I am willing to captain

Awards

Bump! Sign ups are open for a little more than one week!

Player name: Baal0666

Preferred Role: Top/Fill

I'm signing up as a free agent

Would prefer not to captain

(we should make an admin team :) )

Bump!!!! One week left to sign up!

I think this would be fun, but I think I'd have too many issues with my work scheduled to participate, best of luck to everyone.

Player Name: Brootos

Preferred Roles: ADC,  JG

Player Name: MadCast Racer

Preferred Roles: Top, Jungle.

I am willing to captain.

Player Name: [C] Aeryx

Preferred Roles: Support, ADC, Jungle.

I would prefer not to captain.

Bump! Only a couple more days to sign up!

So as to an update, we will be extending registration one more week for a couple reasons: 

The first, to mirror what we did last season, and the second to try and align my school schedule up a little better with the start/end of the season. Right now I'm swamped with midterms/coursework for another week, so I figured there's probably at least a couple people in a similar boat, and I didn't want anyone to miss out!

Registration now closes on October 21st at 11:59 P.M. EST, with the first matches being played on October 28th at 9 P.M. EST. Thanks!

Player Name: TheRazorback

Preferred Roles: ADC, Top, Mid in order

Player Name: Feisort

Preferred Roles: Support, Jungle, Mid - in that order

Player Name: MadMarsh