Simaniac

Intro - Simaniac

15 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. 

I fortuitously stumbled upon this organization today and am extremely interested in a membership. Everyone here seems super nice!

A bit about myself? I'm a student who studies electronic production and design at Berklee College of Music in Boston. My goal is to compose and produce soundtracks for video games. 

I tend to be a a social gamer, and video games have always been way more fun for me when played with friends. 

I play League, and Overwatch, but I'm much better at League. I'm also very open to download and try getting into new games. As long as it's a great social environment, I'm game! :D

MadCast: Baal likes this

Welcome welcome, man!!

Had a good time playing with you.

Swing by some more events, got League of Learning on Thursday, and Friday Night ARAMS

we do also have a Blizzard games branch to help scratch that Overwatch itch

Edited by MadCast: Baal
Simaniac likes this

Stoked to be here. Is there a best way to see who's down for a match at any given time, regardless of events?

7 hours ago, Simaniac said:

Stoked to be here. Is there a best way to see who's down for a match at any given time, regardless of events?

Hop on Discord to see who's online

9 hours ago, Simaniac said:

Welcome!

Definitely check out the Discord to find some games. There's usually people on all day. If you ever want to play Overwatch, just give me a holler, or pop into the Overwatch chat room! 

Welcome friend.

It was good getting some matches in with you yesterday.

11 hours ago, Simaniac said:

Is there a best way to see who's down for a match at any given time, regardless of events?

As Baal said: Discord is one of the primary options. I enjoy being able to use the tab on the right to see who is playing League outside of the channels as well ;). Other than that, as you are around here more you'll pick up more members in your friends list, and the candidates club will give you an option to meet up with folks before you get access to the Full Members club.

Following the start to your candidacy, I'll toss you an add to the C club tonight.

11 hours ago, Simaniac said:

I fortuitously stumbled upon this organization today and am extremely interested in a membership.

And we are glad you did. Without further ado:

You are now a candidate for full membership. When in Discord, please wear the [C] tag as in [C] Simaniac. In one month the Senior Full Members will vote on your membership. Should you pass, you will become a full member. You will then be required to wear the MadCast: Simaniac tag. Should you fail, you may reapply and the candidacy period will begin again.

You have been assigned the following FM+ to mentor you through the candidacy process: MadCast: Shenaniquin. Please attempt to contact your mentor in the next few days. They will be looking for you as well. They will be your primary resource for community related questions and will have a mid-candidacy check in about two weeks into the candidacy period.

A few tips for a successful candidacy:

* Please familiarize yourself with the MadCast Code of Conduct that all must abide by. Check out the New to MadCast section for more useful information!

* Be active on the forums! Check it regularly and participate when possible. If you find something interesting then share it! Chances are someone else will find it interesting as well. Being active on the forums is a good habit to learn, and is one of the main criteria noticed during your candidacy.

* Join us on Discord! Even if you don't have a mic you're welcome to listen in. Being active on Discord and playing with other members is the best way to be noticed around the community!
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Cy5WX6B

* Use the same name on both the forums, Discord, and in-game when possible. If not possible make sure people know who you are! We rely on feedback from our members when evaluating full membership and they can't give positive reviews for you if they don't know who you are.

* Join the MadCast Public Group to make it easy for us to contact you, and for updates on Steam

If you are having a problem please attempt to contact your mentor first if they are available. If not please contact an RFM or SFM. If a Staff member is needed the admins will consult them. A list of admins can be found at this link.

Last but not least the requirement for you to even be eligible to be voted on can be found here.

This is absolutely wonderful. I'm a really passionate gamer. Have been my whole life. But I've been finding it really hard to make friends who enjoy playing games as much as I do. MadCast has saved me :)

9 minutes ago, Simaniac said:

This is absolutely wonderful. I'm a really passionate gamer. Have been my whole life. But I've been finding it really hard to make friends who enjoy playing games as much as I do. MadCast has saved me :)

You and me both!

Welcome; looks like there's a number of us candidates now.

Welcome, and I can't wait to play some games!

Awards