MadCast: Sotarkadin

Recently Returned to Overwatch

So I haven't really played OW Since Season 1.  Even then I was at the end of my time playing so I was not playing that much.  I have just recently started playing again and was confused by something I have seen in game.  The last 3 games I have played I have had people on my team telling others to switch to hitscan.  I do not understand what this means. I have been playing nothing but Reaper and Mercy currently and not sure if they were speaking to me or somebody else.  Can somebody please enlighten me as to what they are asking?  Calling you @MadCast Maday

EDIT:  I finished my placement matches and my ranking is 1862.  I don't know the scale or if that's good.  But in my mind that means I'm pretty damn bad.

Edited by MadCast: Sotarkadin

Hitscan generally means "pick a class that shoots bullets".  76, McCree, Tracer, Widow, Bastion, and Sombra.  You are likely having issues with flankers and/or Pharah if there is a call for hitscan DPS.  

Classes with AoE or delayed projectiles often have a hard time dealing with flankers.  Reaper is a tank buster and nothing more (competitively speaking).  I suggest getting handy with 76 or McCree to bolster your DPS utility. 

29 minutes ago, MadCast: Scooba said:

Hitscan generally means "pick a class that shoots bullets".  76, McCree, Tracer, Widow, Bastion, and Sombra.  You are likely having issues with flankers and/or Pharah if there is a call for hitscan DPS.  

Classes with AoE or delayed projectiles often have a hard time dealing with flankers.  Reaper is a tank buster and nothing more (competitively speaking).  I suggest getting handy with 76 or McCree to bolster your DPS utility. 

Thanks Scooba that makes sense.  I will start working on my 76 and McCree. I tried tracer and I just am not any good at her.

I picked up OW for the first time in at least 6 months yesterday.  

@MadCast Maday, @MadCast: rife170, and @MadCast: Junodavidw were kind enough to carry me to a 5-1 opener.  I played Reinhardt, who seems to still be pretty strong.  Also had my first games on the Lunar Moon Base and Junkertown.  Liked Junkertown, but was kinda curious about the rather overdesigned Lunar map, at least the first point.