So, I'll be heading up Funday Monday for the next few months.

In order to keep modes in rotation in one location that's easy for me to edit (yup, posting out of laziness :P,) this will be the new event thread for Funday Monday.

Looking to spice things up a bit and will be adding game modes as we try them out to see if they're viable and fun to play

Any ideas for a new mode are more than welcome, and if they seem feasible, may make it into the rotating queue.

Either post ideas here, or shoot me a message.

As it stands now, the modes that will be rolled on each week are as follows:

1 Team Nation - All champs on a team share a nationality (Demacia, Noxus, Bandle City, Ionia etc.)

2 Team Mechanic - All champs on a team share a mechanic (stun, dash, root, dot etc)

3 Team Role-Tag - All champs on a team share a role as defined by champion select tabs

4 Team Item - Random Champions - All champs on a team build the same first item (boots, pots, and starting items are allowed before selected items)

5 Color Madness - Random Champions - Each player selects a unique color before champ select, all items built must predominantly feature that color (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x3ZrOqRJ9c6ntxTNZZQjTnAINvlKVJs-_3ljmDMO1d8/edit#gid=0  ) ( Color Madness Item Sets.zip ) Big thanks to @Simaniac

6 Team Smite - All champs take smite, after a gank (successful or not) the jungler takes the place of the lane that was ganked and that lane goes to the jungle

7 Team Species - All champs on a team share a species (yordles, void monsters, constructs etc.)

8 Hate Picks - Your enemy picks your champ (coin toss to see if teams swap)

9 Zero DPS - Random Champions - No offensive stats can be built (No sheen items - by popular demand)

10 Glass Cannon - Random Champions - No defensive stats can be built

11 Ultimate Bravery - Random Champs and Builds - as determined by http://www.easy-lol.com/ultimate-bravery/build/

12 Piano Keys - All Items built must have an active effect

13 Protect The Soraka - Both teams have a Soraka. The objective is to kill the enemy Soraka more times than they kill yours. Winner is determined by which team kills the opponent's Soraka more times. Kills made by Soraka count towards their respective team's total

14 Mage-dcs - All players pick champions with abilities that scale of of stats outside of their primary build path (excluding true hybrid champs such as Kai'Sa and Ezrael) and build to that stat (AP Miss Fortune as an example.) If a champion is traditionally built tank, you have to build contrary to a "standard" damage build (No AP Malphite)

(All except Team Smite can be played on Howling Abyss as well as the Rift)

(Laning phase for matches that rely on it for the mode will be defined as lasting until one team loses any 2 turrets)

Edited by MadCast: Baal
adjusted modes

Another fun mode is Protect the Soraka. You play draft pick on Summoner's Rift with the goal of killing the enemy Soraka x number of times (usually 5 or 10). All champs and items are allowed, and the game is otherwise played as normal. The Soraka can be either a person or a bot depending on how you want to play.

@MadCast: Baal This is less a concrete idea and more some thoughts I've had about Funday Monday. I've heard a few people mention they dislike the contrived nature of many FM game modes and would prefer if it were simply in-house norms, and I've been trying to think of how to accommodate them while retaining the fun, casual atmosphere of Funday Monday. Some (very rough) ideas I've had could involve playing off-roles or champions on which you have the least mastery points, playing off-meta builds/roles (ex. AP ashe, Rengar/Ivern bot lane, etc), or some combination of those. I'd love to hear people's thoughts and feedback on these ideas, so please let me know what y'all think!

35 minutes ago, RopesAreRad said:

I've heard a few people mention they dislike the contrived nature of many FM game modes and would prefer if it were simply in-house norms

We already have events for in house norms (League of Learning/Madcast League)

The entire point is to get a break from playing essentially the same game over and over

The "contrived" game modes may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they are the core of the event

56 minutes ago, MadCast: Baal said:

We already have events for in house norms (League of Learning/Madcast League)

The entire point is to get a break from playing essentially the same game over and over

The "contrived" game modes may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they are the core of the event

Fair enough

Ideas for Mage DCs:

• Ban all purely defensive items. (ncluding mercs and ninja tabi)
  • Make it random champs, and if you get a champ that doesn't have dual scaling, you can reroll. 
  • If you get a tank, think about when you build that champ full damage, now do the opposite of that type of damage
  • Make a short banned champ list for problematic champs like Kai'Sa, Kog'Maw, Kennen, etc.