Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: Deaf Monkey

Who is the weakest hero in OW?

I find that, as much as I like him, Doomfist is the most useless hero in the game. His one-hit kills are unreliable, he lacks sustain, gets countered by popular picks, and has the hugest hitboxes on any DPS, imo. He's like a flying Roadhog.

What do you think?

6 hours ago, MadCast: candymaniam said:

To me its sombra. I can pretty much switch between any class and have fun except her.

Sombra is a character that absolutely requires team synergy.  She is all but useless on her own.  That said, when the team works around her hacks and obviously her EMP (which she charges very quickly if the team is playing off of her health packs) she is an absolute terror.  

I agree with the Doomfist assessment.  At no time have I encountered a DF and thought to myself "oh crap".

On 11/3/2017 at 4:22 PM, MadCast: Scooba said:

Sombra is a character that absolutely requires team synergy.  She is all but useless on her own.  That said, when the team works around her hacks and obviously her EMP (which she charges very quickly if the team is playing off of her health packs) she is an absolute terror.  

I completely agree with this. Alone, Sombra lacks the damage to make a huge impact. Often times, you're unable to kill someone with a full clip (you have to be super accurate & close), and by the time you're done shooting, you have to back because you're focused. She then has to wait a few seconds to place her translocator to go in again. By then, her original target has been healed up. 

She's a niche pick who only directly counters Zen, Zarya, & Reinhardt without use of her ultimate. I actually enjoy playing with her, but seldom do I find a coordinated team.

** You can soloQ with her against a Bastion comp, though.**

Edited by MadCast: Deaf Monkey

On 11/3/2017 at 4:48 AM, MadCast: Munsa said:

I'm about as middling an OW player as there is, but I've picked up on much the same.  I have seen some good plays involving him on the more convoluted maps like Junkertown and Numbani.  

He definitely works best on crowded maps with a ton of corners. However, the two maps you listed are the only ones that really apply. Blizzard just needs to restore his Rocket Punch hitbox to how it was on release. That way I can actually hit people more consistently. They turned his punch into a Widowmaker hitbox, when it should be closer to a Hanzo hitbox. I would accept the hitbox remaining how it is if they would add more to his mobility and/or survivability.  

1 hour ago, MadCast: Deaf Monkey said:

He definitely works best on crowded maps with a ton of corners. However, the two maps you listed are the only ones that really apply. Blizzard just needs to restore his Rocket Punch hitbox to how it was on release. That way I can actually hit people more consistently. They turned his punch into a Widowmaker hitbox, when it should be closer to a Hanzo hitbox. I would accept the hitbox remaining how it is if they would add more to his mobility and/or survivability.  

I've missed out on so many patch note particulars during my sabbatical.

I agree about the mobility aspect of Doomfist.  He has great engage and in the right hands can punish a single target or abuse the front line but unlike Genji who is rewarded for a successful dive by refreshing is switft strike, Doomfist is left to wolves upon engage.  

As someone who has no idea, I personally think Lucio feels the most garbo.

15 hours ago, Simaniac said:

As someone who has no idea, I personally think Lucio feels the most garbo.

Lucio used to be the staple healer, but Blizzard cut his aura range down dramatically. He is still a Tier 1 support for coordinated teams, since the speed boost is invaluable. You can definitely notice when a Lucio player is good.