Flying Fairy

Recommend me some shows

I just finished binge watching The Strangers season 1 and 2. Now I'm in the mood where I want to watch something just as good or better, but I'm lost at where to start. Please help speed up my search for a new show to watch!

TV shows I've watched/tried:

Stranger Things 

Supernatural

Game of Thrones season 

Arrow

The Walking Dead 

American Horror Story

Lucifer

Rick and Morty

Family Guy

Breaking Bad 

The Magicians

-----------------------

Thanks!

P.S. I'll be able to respond promptly to League invites now :)(

How I met your Mother

Blacklist

Scandal

Daredevil, Agent Carter, Agents of Shield, Luke Cage, NOT Jessica Jones

Edited by MadCast: Aeryx

image.thumb.png.3d63a35463451f3758c3ac16c8c8f141.png

A series of unfortunate events  was very nice and should be getting a second season early next year plot listed above

Into the Badlands   feudal 'Merica in a recovering post apocalyptic setting. good acting better fighting.

Shameless     if you are looking for a perpetual train wreck kind of show

Orville   from the creator of family guy this show does Star Trek better than modern Star Trek ( discovery , enterprise era)

Honorable mentions to :Stan against evil (Dr. Cox from scrubs fighting witches and wereponies) or Ash vs Evil Dead (not for everyone but if you liked the evil dead series well worth the watch)

Also I will second the following previously mentioned shows were amazeballs:
Dark Matter , Black Mirror (spiritual successor to the Twilight Zone) , X-files

Awards

On 11/12/2017 at 1:38 PM, MadCast: Epic said:

Much agreed, one punch is great. 

Im kind of a sucker for The Blacklist and Scandal. If you feel really nostalgic you could dip into the old X files. 

You just reminded me that I have to watch the X files!! I kept placing a mental note that I needed to watch this, but I keep forgetting every time :(

Also, The Blacklist's description sounds so interesting! WIll definitely check that out! As for Scandal, it was made by the same creators of Grey's Anatomy so this should be good too.

On 11/12/2017 at 2:13 PM, MadCast: rife170 said:

I highly recommend Dark Matter, Helix, Black Mirror and Travelers for your sci-fi needs.

How have I not known these shows? I love Sci-fi

On 11/12/2017 at 3:33 PM, MadCast: Deaf Monkey said:

Flash, Z-Nation, and Van Helsing have my vote.

I especially enjoyed Z-Nation

Flash and Van Helsing are definitely going into my list +1

On 11/13/2017 at 4:23 PM, MadCast: Aeryx said:

How I met your Mother

Blacklist

Scandal

Daredevil, Agent Carter, Agents of Shield, Luke Cage, NOT Jessica Jones

I've heard about How I met your Mother but I've never tried it out. I heard it was funny so hopefully, it'll be enjoyable. Daredevil, Agent Carter, Agents of Shield and Luke Cage --  I love superhero/secret agent shows too :3

7 hours ago, MadCast: narucabra said:

image.thumb.png.3d63a35463451f3758c3ac16c8c8f141.png

A series of unfortunate events  was very nice and should be getting a second season early next year plot listed above

Into the Badlands   feudal 'Merica in a recovering post apocalyptic setting. good acting better fighting.

Shameless     if you are looking for a perpetual train wreck kind of show

Orville   from the creator of family guy this show does Star Trek better than modern Star Trek ( discovery , enterprise era)

Honorable mentions to :Stan against evil (Dr. Cox from scrubs fighting witches and wereponies) or Ash vs Evil Dead (not for everyone but if you liked the evil dead series well worth the watch)

Also I will second the following previously mentioned shows were amazeballs:
Dark Matter , Black Mirror (spiritual successor to the Twilight Zone) , X-files

All these shows sound interesting. The only show I haven't heard a bit about is  A Series of Unfortunate Events. I will look into it though :D

---

Thank you guys for the suggestions! My list is waaay too long now xD Binge for life

7 minutes ago, Flying Fairy said:

How have I not known these shows? I love Sci-fi

Sci-fi has had a resurgence in recent years on cable networks like FX and TNT. The shows eventually make it to Netflix/Hulu with little fanfare.

There are many more shows I'd recommend, but so many of them have been cancelled. Local and cable networks are merciless when it comes to cancelling sci-fi slots. Even Netflix seems to have a low tolerance, as observed by Sens8. I was really excited to see where the Wachowski sisters were going with the story, but due to some plot muddiness the project was killed 2 seasons in with no meaningful wrap-up. ABC cancelled cult hits like Awake and Defying Gravity just because they couldn't compete with the viewership that garbage reality tv brings in. 

On the flip side, it's also really easy for some of these TV writers to really waste a premise. I'll cite Continuum and Ascension here. Could have gone really cool places, diddled around in the less-interesting aspects of the concept, cancelled.

Mindhunter is not for the faint of heart, but it's good.

Without getting into specifics, it is a raw portrayal of how grotesque serial killers are with pretty much no holds barred.  If you like being disturbed by your entertainment, you'll get something out of Mindhunter.

On 11/15/2017 at 8:00 PM, MadCast: Scooba said:

Peaky Blinders (first 3 seasons are on Netflix and S4 started back up tonight!

5 hours ago, MadCast: Munsa said:

Mindhunter is not for the faint of heart, but it's good.

Without getting into specifics, it is a raw portrayal of how grotesque serial killers are with pretty much no holds barred.  If you like being disturbed by your entertainment, you'll get something out of Mindhunter.

Can recommend, both are fantastic shows.

There is a really good one on Netflix about the Unabomber and how the FBI changed their profiling techniques just search unabomber its 3 part and phenomenal 

On 11/14/2017 at 7:28 PM, MadCast: rife170 said:

Sci-fi has had a resurgence in recent years on cable networks like FX and TNT. The shows eventually make it to Netflix/Hulu with little fanfare.

There are many more shows I'd recommend, but so many of them have been cancelled. Local and cable networks are merciless when it comes to cancelling sci-fi slots. Even Netflix seems to have a low tolerance, as observed by Sens8. I was really excited to see where the Wachowski sisters were going with the story, but due to some plot muddiness the project was killed 2 seasons in with no meaningful wrap-up. ABC cancelled cult hits like Awake and Defying Gravity just because they couldn't compete with the viewership that garbage reality tv brings in. 

On the flip side, it's also really easy for some of these TV writers to really waste a premise. I'll cite Continuum and Ascension here. Could have gone really cool places, diddled around in the less-interesting aspects of the concept, cancelled.

Wow, thanks for informing me. Now I know why I rarely find good Sci-Fi shows :(