Fox

What is your favourite book?

Series or not, what book(s) do you guys enjoy most?!

My favorite book series is the Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson. It's the best fantasy fiction read that you will find. Set in a pretty grim world with an amazing, large, and diverse cast, the Malazan Book of the Fallen is something I reread every year...even if it is 10 books long and about 800 pages per book...

I did thoroughly enjoy the Inheritance Cycle throughout my youth. 

Some of my favorites currently are:

• Xenolinguistics - Diana Reed Slattery
  • The Archaic Revival - Terence McKenna
  • The Denial of Death - Ernest Becker

Awards

On 12/4/2017 at 9:55 AM, MadCast: Stan said:

My favorite book series is the Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson. It's the best fantasy fiction read that you will find. Set in a pretty grim world with an amazing, large, and diverse cast, the Malazan Book of the Fallen is something I reread every year...even if it is 10 books long and about 800 pages per book...

I cannot recommend this enough. I re-read the series every two years, and I always appreciate new nuances I've missed.

I always make sure to read it in tandem with Ian C Esslemont's books.

The world is crafted with so much love and so much wonder. It is my all-time favorite series.

7 hours ago, MadCast: Lunalesk said:

I would second the kingkiller chronicles as my favorite. I've been looking forward to the third book for a long time. From what ive read it's still a long ways out though.

I think he's gone the way of G R R Martin.  I read he eeked a deal with Lionsgate that includes a film and TV Series - he's an executive producer for both.  I'm happy for him I just hope he finishes the series.