Hey! :)

I found this community via the NA-LoL Forums under the Player Recruitment center, I decided to check it out and I like what I see, I am interested in applying for full membership and here is a bit of information about me.

The name wF is an abbreviation for 'WildFire' which is a gamer tag I created when I was 11-12 (15 years) as it described my personality in-game very well and have stuck with since. Most people know me simply as Wild, wF or Cody and I do not have a preference for which they use, I'm 27 and I live in Canada with my dog, during the week I'm a baker which means my hours can be extremely early morning (4-5am) or late at night changing with little notice, I love doing it though so it's not a big deal. In terms of interests other than gaming I like my rescue dog 'Dude', I enjoy PC Hardware/building PC's and I frequently watch documentaries/informative shows because I enjoy learning. 

I have been playing video games for most of my life, it started with an Atari and it hasn't stopped since, I've gone through all the steps, Atari -> NES -> N64/PS1/GameBoy -> PC -> Xbox -> Xbox 360 -> Xbox One but my main focus is on PC games specifically, the games that stand out to me most are Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 1, League of Legends, Counter-Strike 1.5/CSS/CS:GO, Final Fantasy 7, Diablo 1/2/3 and numerous other games. The game I've spent the most time playing is World of Warcraft followed closely by League of Legends.

In League of Legends, I've gone from being a Mid-Main to ADC-Main to Support-Main (for 3 seasons) and now I'm currently experimenting with Jungle as support feels like it's in a bad place for my champion pool in Season 8. I've been playing since shortly after League of Legends came out of Beta, I've been as high as Gold 2 but most seasons I get to Gold 5 and only ever play ARAM/Draft 5/5 after that as I cannot find people I like to queue (haven't looked) or the friends I have that do play League frequently only play ARAM or cannot get themselves out of Bronze. My current champion pool consists of Bard, Nami, Alistar, Jarvan, Gragas, Shyvana, etc but I can play most champions and have followed a lot of the trends with meta/powerful picks for the support role for a few years now.

I'm more interested in the community aspect rather than the finding players aspect, communities have always been a benefit to me due to the social aspects they provide and some of the best friends I have are because of relationships I made while playing games online with them on Ventrilo which is something I've been looking for since my former community died out as we grew up and got jobs, etc.

Edited by wF-

Awards

29 minutes ago, DatMattchew said:

Welcome! :D

Looking forward to some LoL games!

I'm playing tonight, was practicing jungle, Jarvan, Shyvana and Kha'Zix. :) I'm only doing it in Draft though, ranked is only Gold 5.

Awards

14 minutes ago, MadCast: kyro said:

Welcome! And I would say Nami and Alistar are in pretty good spots atm 1f609.png

Alistar for sure, I find Nami is less impactful than if I switch to jungle and abuse Shyvana and Jarvan, I like Nami a lot but it seems like no matter how much vision I get or sweep or how many triple/quad bubbles I can hit in team fights we just don't win, I'm technically a Bard Main, mostly play him and do really well but I'm too aggressive with my journey placements and end up dying for it so I'm working on that whenever I get filled into support with my jungle trials atm.

Just now, MadCast: Brootos said:

Welcome man! Looking forward to playing some games with you!

Anytime, sorry I missed the first one cause of champ select but on my days off I tend to spam Normal, Ranked or ARAM so we'll get one eventually.

Awards

3 hours ago, wF- said:

I am interested in applying for full membership

You are now a candidate for full membership. When in Discord, please wear the [C] tag as in [C] wF. In one month the Senior Full Members will vote on your membership. Should you pass, you will become a full member. You will then be required to wear the MadCast: wF tag. Should you fail, you may reapply and the candidacy period will begin again.

You have been assigned the following FM+ to mentor you through the candidacy process: MadCast: kyro . Please attempt to contact your mentor in the next few days. They will be looking for you as well. They will be your primary resource for community related questions and will have a mid-candidacy check in about two weeks into the candidacy period.

A few tips for a successful candidacy:

* Please familiarize yourself with the MadCast Code of Conduct that all must abide by. Check out the New to MadCast section for more useful information!

* Be active on the forums! Check it regularly and participate when possible. If you find something interesting then share it! Chances are someone else will find it interesting as well. Being active on the forums is a good habit to learn, and is one of the main criteria noticed during your candidacy.

* Join us on Discord! Even if you don't have a mic you're welcome to listen in. Being active on Discord and playing with other members is the best way to be noticed around the community!
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Cy5WX6B

* Use the same name on both the forums, Discord, and in-game when possible. If not possible make sure people know who you are! We rely on feedback from our members when evaluating full membership and they can't give positive reviews for you if they don't know who you are.

* Join the MadCast Public Group to make it easy for us to contact you, and for updates on Steam

If you are having a problem please attempt to contact your mentor first if they are available. If not please contact an RFM or SFM. If a Staff member is needed the admins will consult them. A list of admins can be found at this link.

Last but not least the requirement for you to even be eligible to be voted on can be found here.

Glad to have you join the community.  Hope to see you around.  Dont forget about our weekly events as well.  We do funday Mondays (completly random and silly game modes such as piano keys, ultimate bravery when you get to choose your champion but random items, and many more crazy modes) and we have a League of Learning on Thursday nights (we focus on a topic such as vision/ lane control/ zoning/ lane swap/ invades/ item build per matchups/ etc.).  And we usually end up playing a bunch of ARAM or normals afwer the events.  Tons of fun and hope you join us for them.

Awards

On 1/4/2018 at 6:51 AM, Support Welfare said:

Glad to have you join the community.  Hope to see you around.  Dont forget about our weekly events as well.  We do funday Mondays (completly random and silly game modes such as piano keys, ultimate bravery when you get to choose your champion but random items, and many more crazy modes) and we have a League of Learning on Thursday nights (we focus on a topic such as vision/ lane control/ zoning/ lane swap/ invades/ item build per matchups/ etc.).  And we usually end up playing a bunch of ARAM or normals afwer the events.  Tons of fun and hope you join us for them.

I attended both League of Learning and the Friday event, both were fun even if I did have to drink 40 times, thanks a lot Red.  The only downside of some of the events is that I work early morning so I can only stay for one or two matches most times. Definitely realized I play too aggressive and tend to die as a result of the League of Learning but I also got an offrole I've been playing for 2 days.

On 1/4/2018 at 3:34 PM, MadCast: Hawthorn said:

Welcome! Good luck in your candidacy :) 

Thank you. :)

On 1/4/2018 at 8:04 PM, BloodyToxin said:

Welcome!@!

Thanks, GL yourself :P.

Awards

I attended both League of Learning and the Friday event, both were fun even if I did have to drink 40 times, thanks a lot Red.  The only downside of some of the events is that I work early morning so I can only stay for one or two matches most times. Definitely realized I play too aggressive and tend to die as a result of the League of Learning but I also got an offrole I've been playing for 2 days.

I'm glad you had fun and sorry that Red got you smashed lol.  Its too bad that you have to work early as we usually end up playing for an hour or three after the events on in house ARAMS or normals for the hell of it.  As for the aggression, thats never a bad thing in my opinion.  I think its easier to dial back aggression than it is to be more aggressive when you usually aren't.  Also the team makeup is a pretty big factor.  Having a jungler that likes to gank frequently for your lane or having a support that is just as aggressive as the ADC or roams to make huge plays pay off is always something to consider when playing agro.  Thats something I need to learn to balance in my own games.  But like I said, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the events and hope you can make it out to more of them.

Awards

10 hours ago, Support Welfare said:

I'm glad you had fun and sorry that Red got you smashed lol.  Its too bad that you have to work early as we usually end up playing for an hour or three after the events on in house ARAMS or normals for the hell of it.  As for the aggression, thats never a bad thing in my opinion.  I think its easier to dial back aggression than it is to be more aggressive when you usually aren't.  Also the team makeup is a pretty big factor.  Having a jungler that likes to gank frequently for your lane or having a support that is just as aggressive as the ADC or roams to make huge plays pay off is always something to consider when playing agro.  Thats something I need to learn to balance in my own games.  But like I said, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the events and hope you can make it out to more of them.

I was just going to start scheduling my days off the day after these events, lol. It's a perk of having flexible working hours.

Awards