wF-

Whats your PC setup like?

I'm always interested in what peoples setups look like, I've gone through a bunch of iterations with mine and settled on what I currently have, I'm planning on finding a monitor arm that will let me use both the 32 inch and 24 inch, either that or selling the 24 inch since it's a 144Hz panel for $100 and buying another monitor, perhaps Ultrawide when they drop in price for the 3440x1440p 144hz models.

GYhjM7b.jpg

CPU: i5 4690k @ 4.5Ghz
GPU: Gigabyte 390X
HD: 256GB SSD +  1TB HD
RAM: 16GB
Mouse/KB: Logitech G403 Wireless/Corsair K70 (Original)
Monitor: HP Omen 32" (75hz/Freesync/1440p)
Monitor 2: BenQ XL2411z (144hz)
Headphones/Mic: HiFiMAN HE400i + ModMic (If you like Headphones I've also had the MassDrop HD6XX, Sennheiser HD600, ATH M50s, ATHM50X and a large assortment of random gaming headphones, the HE400i are definitely my favorite neutral option)
DAC/AMP: Massdrop 02/0DAC
Laptop: Lenovo Y720 (GTX 1060M/i7-7700HQ)

I've gone through a few changes, I started with a triple monitor setup with 3 x 1080p 24 inch panels but wanted a larger main screen and was waiting on one to go on sale, got this Omen for $399 Canadian Dingaroos, ($315 USD) after waiting for a year. I'm now waiting for a GPU, I'm thinking either waiting for Vega's to be available since my monitor is FreeSync or waiting for NVidia's new Volta GPU's to see if any price drops happen or maybe switch to Team Green after a decade of AMD/ATI.

Original (2 Years ago)
kJcY28m.jpg

Updated Triple Monitor setup w/ Arm (6 Months Ago)
SQS5cag.jpg

Edited by wF-

Nice setup, mine is very lack luster but I can't upload the images cause they are too big. (also lazy and don't wanna try and lower the data on it lol)\

But my PC(well laptop for now) setup is:

CPU: i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M
HD: 1 TB HDD + 512GB SSD
RAM: 16GB
Mouse/KB:  E-Blue Cobra II / Steelseries APEX 150
Monitor: Acer LCD Monitor
Laptop: MSI GT27 6QE Dominator Pro G

Edited by DatMattchew

8TrkJNX.jpgthe imge is not great quality and its a tad out of date

in terms of a parts list:

gpu: 980ti twinfrost

cpu: athalon a40x @4.8ghz

mem: 32gb hyperx  2666mhz

storage: 240gb sandisk zseries ssd + 2tb seagate barracuda 7200rpm

display: acer 27" 144hz 1080p tn led panel

secondary display *very cheap 24 inch lenovo display

mic: audiotechica at202 xlr

audiointerface: scarlette 2i2

headphones: senheiser hd598 Deluxe edition

keyboard: razer blackwidow 2014

mouse: naga epic 2013

mousepad: Corepad XXXXXXL

9 minutes ago, MadCast: MasterWonton said:

8TrkJNX.jpgthe imge is not great quality and its a tad out of date

Nice setup, I was going to go with an AT202 before I decided on my ModMic and better headphones, the audio quality I get is better out of these so I made my choice. 

vK3CGtT.jpg

My desk is 25+ years old but it has served me well.  I have aspirations of wall mounting this set up along with various other cosmetic upgrades but for now this will do.  I can see Discord/Steam/Battlenet all on the same screen while still playing in widescreen format on this monster.  

1 hour ago, MadCast: Scooba said:

My desk is 25+ years old but it has served me well.  I have aspirations of wall mounting this set up along with various other cosmetic upgrades but for now this will do.  I can see Discord/Steam/Battlenet all on the same screen while still playing in widescreen format on this monster.  

It looks good, What Ultrawide monitor do you have? I tried the Viotek 34 Inch monster but because it was a Korean B-Panel it had a few issues and I sent it back after two days, I want one but not for $1300 because I want 144hz UWQHD.

10 minutes ago, wF- said:

It looks good, What Ultrawide monitor do you have? I tried the Viotek 34 Inch monster but because it was a Korean B-Panel it had a few issues and I sent it back after two days, I want one but not for $1300 because I want 144hz UWQHD.

Samsung 49inch QLED

With my birthday being the day after Christmas I put all my eggs in one basket and asked for the monitor.  Worth every penny.

2 hours ago, MadCast: Scooba said:

vK3CGtT.jpg

Wow that keyboard looks reaaaaaaaaaaaaally small

1 hour ago, MadCast: Scooba said:

Samsung 49inch QLED

With my birthday being the day after Christmas I put all my eggs in one basket and asked for the monitor.  Worth every penny.

Thats a nice monitor, I was looking at their new Quantum Dot monitors, The C32HG70 specifically which is 32", 144Hz and Curved but ended up with the HP Omen for now until I get a new video card. :)

7 minutes ago, MadCast: HK said:

I ended up getting 8 of them. I noticed quite a difference between them and SSD's using SATA. 

Lol my next build was going to use 1 and I thought that was enough, did you ever see this video by Linus Tech Tips where he made basically the same thing you did but with 4 x 960 Pro NVMe SSD's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzzavO5a4OQ

Nice setup. Would show mine but too much work to clean off the desk to make it pretty. :/

27 minutes ago, TheMaesen said:

Nice setup. Would show mine but too much work to clean off the desk to make it pretty. :/

Thats the secret that we never share, our desks are clean for one picture and then right after all of the various crap gets put back into it's spot. I have a Camera, two notebooks, my wallet, cellphone, jars, a muffin, a ruler and a bottle of wine that immediately went back on the desk after the picture. :)

20180110_125741.jpg

• Intel Core i7 6700 3.4GHz Quad Core
  • Intel H110 Chipset
  • 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
  • 1TB HDD / 240GB SSD
  • Logitech G710+ Keyboard
  • Logitech G633 Headset
  • Logitech G600 Mouse
  • Dell 23" Monitor (on the left)
  • LG 25" 21:9 Gaming Monitor (on the right)
  • Havit Web Cam
  • One Tusken Raider Bobble Head

Edited by MadCast: Stan

2 hours ago, MadCast: MasterWonton said:

I just switched my monitors onto an arm today. this is an updated imagesJxklik.jpg

When I switched to arms I felt like I had so much more room, I had to get rid of my arm because it couldn't be used with my new monitor but I'll probably end up mounting this HP Omen 32" vertically and buying a larger curved 1440p/144hz monitor when they start going down in price in the next few years.

On 1/6/2018 at 7:12 PM, wF- said:

Lol my next build was going to use 1 and I thought that was enough, did you ever see this video by Linus Tech Tips where he made basically the same thing you did but with 4 x 960 Pro NVMe SSD's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzzavO5a4OQ

Yes, I watched that and many others to learn as much as I could about it. Linus made the mistake of only using one Hyper X16 Card, whereas you need two in order to get the higher speeds (if you are going for speed). 

I wen't with Data and scratch discs for my use. 16k+ Read is cool, but not noticeable in everyday use. :)

gpu: GTX 980

cpu: intel i5

mem: 16 gb 

storage: 1 Tb WD 

display: acer 27" 

secondary display: acer 27" 

headphones: HyperX cloud

keyboard: razer deathstalker

mouse: razer deathadder

mousepad: Corsair 

pc.jpg

1 hour ago, TheMaesen said:

keyboard: razer deathstalker

I feel like this is asking for an upgrade, lol. Rick and Morty fan I see, no wonder you seem so intelligent :P. (I was pivotal in spreading Rick and Morty around my workplace, such a good show).