MadCast: Biscuit

What's your all time favorite story game?

Recently I saw a post on Reddit talking about Halo 3 and how it has a 5/5 score from Microsoft, which I thought was pretty funny but most definitely deserved! I'd honestly say that playing split screen Halo 3 with my childhood friends in a basement was probably one of the most fun I've had gaming, especially since good co-op games are hard to come by now! I was wondering, what's your all time favorite story game?

Edited by Biscuit

Knights of The Old Republic, I'm a Star Wars nerd so I had a lot of fun playing through both #1 and #2 with varying builds, it lacks a lot of depth, it's more of the content rather than the writing/story being good which isn't a bad thing IMO. Other good stories are Half-Life Series, Witcher Series, Guild Wars 1, Ocarina of Time was great when I was a kid. Most of the time I find gamers are drawn into the gameplay mechanics rather than the story and after I played a lot of FPS/Action games I found myself skipping a lot of dialogue options in games just to get to the engaging part which is the gameplay for me.

Awards

Final Fantasy 8 has been and always will be my favorite console game and I wish they would HD it and send it back out 

Awards

All time favorite is really hard to choose. If it's the most fun to play, I'd have to go with the knights of the old republic. If it's most engaging story, I'm not sure what I would pick. If it is just favorite all around story game, then I'd have to choose Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy X.

This is really hard to choose, but I think I'd have to say Limbo. It's not a very long game, but I love the puzzles and atmosphere of it. I love that there's multiple theories that people have made based around the story of the game, it really challenges you to open up your imagination.

Final Fantasy IX has been and always will be my favorite game. I think the beautiful graphics (for it's time), story, and combat system were amazing.

My Favorite Story game has to be Styx: master Of shadows a great sneaky assassin game quite difficult if you like games like Theif, i highly recommend this game more fantasy then real life since you play as a goblin assassin. i was so addicted to the game if my pc could handle it i would so be cak playing i miss that game so much

I really liked the story of FF14 , as well as FF10, I guess typical stories that i like do come from final fantasy games lol. Those or star wars games. 

Life is Strange is really good probably my favorite right now

Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 will always be special because they introduced me to RPG's, but I think Mass Effect 2 was when I realized just how incredible they can be. Plus Martin Sheen as the Illusive Man is fantastic.

I really like how good Roguelikes deliver a compelling narrative through little snippets of story.  Into the Breach, Binding of Isaac, and Darkest Dungeon are all personal favorites.

I think Mass Effect 2 was the pinnacle of Bioware's style of storytelling.  By far their most compelling roster of characters.

vampire the masquerade bloodlines is sitting pretty high on my list. the game was buggy the graphics were painful but the story made it well worth it. Even if you don't want to play it it's still worth watching a lets play especially if they are running a malkavian.

Awards