Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: Scooba

Falcon Heavy Demonstration Launch

Today mankind is attempting to make history.  SpaceX will launch the Falcon Heavy rocket, the most powerful rocket in the world (by a factor of 2) into space.  A rocket this large has not been launched since the Saturn 5 missions ended in 1973!  A successful demonstration launch will reopen the door for manned missions to both the moon and Mars.  Check out the demonstration video (along with the epic sound track) here.

Watch the official live feed here!

This is one of the coolest stories recently. Watching the boosters land was so freaking cool! It was pretty funny listening to the broadcasters react to the main booster crashing though, because they weren't ready for that! haha. Also, the above picture will make such a cool wallpaper! I've already seen HD versions of it and my god is it sexy.

Here it is, though I suppose it's not necessarily HD, it's just been edited to look a bit less blurry/pixelated!

DVcqk9BX0AE6wVd_50_3_60.jpg

Edited by Biscuit

I've seen a little bit about this, but it's freaking awesome! Could you imagine how much that car would cost if it was brought back down to Earth for sale. It would probably feel amazing to brag about how you had a car from space haha.

1 hour ago, Milk said:

I've seen a little bit about this, but it's freaking awesome! Could you imagine how much that car would cost if it was brought back down to Earth for sale. It would probably feel amazing to brag about how you had a car from space haha.

Realistically, that car wouldn't survive re-entry.  

I'm just waiting for the official announcement that all of Musk's projects are specifically designed for colonizing Mars.

• SpaceX (Space Travel)
  • Tesla (transportation)
  • Solar City (Solar Generation/Storage)
  • The Boring Company
  • Neuralink (Real life interactive HUD)