Sign in to follow this  
GOSKAHAN

taric support question

what is a good affective support build for taric i have heard just build life n armor or mr depending n enemy team comp but i am still struggling with him not sure if its a build thing or using skills at the right times any suggestions for trying to get taric down  i usually only play nami or sona support so figured id try expanding on my support classes since i am a support main on ranked games

Taric main atm.

Skill build is E-W-Q-Q, then max E, then W. 2 points in Q because his passive will give you both charges back, but unless you cast something else, no more.

You are melee, take Relic Shield.

Mana is a huge issue on Taric, usually you want to either go Tear of the Goddess (never upgrade it, purely for mana and mana regen) or get an early Frozen Heart.

The key to Taric is to take advantage of his passive. Usually if you use Q, you want to get both autos off if possible, on anything, minions, champions, etc. This makes it so your Q is up again, so you can cast it again, repeat.

W outside of laning should go on your engaging ally, so you can stun after that ally engages. Otherwise it's a shield.

Items are usually Eye, boots 2 (tabi/mercs), locket, knights vow.

Generally I go relic into tear, then targons, boots, eye, boots 2, then work on locket.

Edited by MadCast: Pushover

Awards

I pretty much always go locket (after tear) whenever I play Taric. I just think shields and heals are so op on Taric since he just pumps them out with his passive.

Awards

On 3/2/2018 at 12:23 PM, MadCast: kyro said:

I pretty much always go locket (after tear) whenever I play Taric. I just think shields and heals are so op on Taric since he just pumps them out with his passive.

This is my preferred path too, the tear helps so much, similar build on Nami (Tear -> Ardent Censer).

Taric is so much about denying the enemies ability to kill you by abusing his ultimate, using the E damage to catch lower ranked players out due to how much damage it does is also one of his strengths, I mostly play Bard, Taric and Brand personally.

Awards