MadCast: Lurama

Deckard Cain - next HotS character

We’ve portaled into Sanctuary and identified the next Hero to hit the Nexus – Deckard, The Last Horadrim. Joining the roster in April 2018, Deckard is an area-denying healing Support Hero with a soft spot for storytelling. Stay awhile, and listen!

More info: https://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/deckard/

Release video: 

On 4/6/2018 at 3:49 PM, MadCast: Stan said:

The "Stay a While and Listen" ability had me thinking that this was an April Fools joke. Since it's not, though, it's hilarious and I can't wait for him to come out.

Going to be more powerful than ETC ult. Honestly most powerful ult in the game for a support.

On 4/8/2018 at 10:57 AM, MadCast: Junodavidw said:

Going to be more powerful than ETC ult. Honestly most powerful ult in the game for a support.

My zerg arm on a 20 second cooldown would like to object, after I've ran you right back home.

But mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I can't wait to play Cain.

There is certainly a curve to potion placement, exacerbated by people not picking them up.

I doubt he's going to replace Stukov as my primary support.  He is, however, very safe from the late game stealth pick, great against dive comps, and is another pick for the maps with smaller, twisty paths.

4 hours ago, MadCast: Munsa said:

There is certainly a curve to potion placement, exacerbated by people not picking them up.

I've played Cain through level 6 since release and yes, people not picking up the potions are the biggest frustration. When playing on a team with Deckard, inexperienced throwing them into a crowd out of reach tends to be a problem also. There's definitely some planning that goes into placing them where they are most effective. I tend to try to throw them right on top of people to avoid other people walking right over them or past them. His Heroics are great. I also use Stukov / Li Li as my primary supports but he may end up replacing one or both.

I find it best not to think of landing it, or of landing it in the same way as landing a D.Va bomb.

Most often, you'll be using seal to separate the enemy or cut off movement options.  The ability itself feels great.  The range is good enough if you are positioning to maximize his passive, and the animation is smooth.  Both W and E have long delays, but they feel very intuitive.

I was surprised how much I liked his cube animation and delay. Really enjoying Deckard. if your engage counts on landing the scroll you can toss the cube first. Otherwise, I don't blow both cd just to ensure the scroll finishes.