Sign in to follow this  
MadCast: Kitty Stark

A Glorious Introduction to Kitty Stark

HI NEW FRIENDS!!! I'm a totally socially-normalized human being person who wishes to interact with you maybe sometime.

*clears throat*

Just call me Kitty! I can legally drink in the US and have been married since October to a wonderful squishbean. I work at a family-owned Chinese food place on the weekends, and during the week I am frequently streaming on my Twitch channel doing either creative things or video games. I'm in the process of establishing my own small business and marketing my artwork, so if you're any good at building websites let me know! 😂 I own a wiener dog and also a cat larger than him. 🐱 I live in the state of New York and have visited almost all the eastern states as well as Quebec, Canada. I speak French by the way, as well as small conversational bits of Italian, Russian, German, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, and Spanish. I dropped out of high school where I was a huge band and art nerd. I'm a Slytherin, my favorite hero is Iron Man, and my favorite food is chicken and gravy over biscuits.

As far as video games, I play most of my games on PC through Steam, as well as owning a Playstation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Gamecube, and several 3DS handhelds. I play a LOT of League of Legends as an ADC Jinx main, which is primarily why I joined this group. I look forward to creeping a bunch of you out with Annie impressions. My friend Support Welfare told me it's welcoming so I look forward to that. I haven't played a lot these past months due to the work of starting my business, but I miss it and follow the eSports scene to stay up to date on patches and the meta. I still need to play 9 more placement matches... 😅 Other multiplayer games I really enjoy include Stardew Valley, Don't Starve Together, PUBG, and Overwatch. If I'm playing solo I tend towards open world RPGs like Fallout 4, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and Horizon: Zero Dawn. I'm a BIG believer in playing competitive games to have fun, and although I try my best, I always focus on improving a skill or just enjoying myself and can't stand flamers or people who just give up.

My account names for most things is on my profile if you want to add me, just be sure I know who you are first or I probably wont accept. FYI I don't do well with younger people, so if you're sub-18 I'd probably just be a negative influence on you. 😎 *finger guns*

Anywhoozles, peace for now and I look forward to meeting everyone~ ✌️What's your favorite Skittles flavor?

P.S. EDIT: I'm interested in full membership eventually but with my crazy random schedule and all the other stuff on my plate I'm not sure how much free time I'll have to dedicate to it 😩

Edited by Kitty Stark

Awards

Hello and welcome to our little dysfunctional family. Look me up in game Madcast Maro I am good to feed or make you laugh something a long those lines 

Awards

LOL thanks a lot Baal, and nice to meet you Maro! PS Happy early birthday I promise I only stalk with good intentions 😁

Awards

haha thank you and its all good. I have class a small amount of home work to do but i should be on later tonight on league 

Awards

9 hours ago, Kitty Stark said:

P.S. EDIT: I'm interested in full membership eventually but with my crazy random schedule and all the other stuff on my plate I'm not sure how much free time I'll have to dedicate to it

Welcome!

Let us know when you are interested in Full Membership. Heck of an intro!

14 hours ago, MadCast: Support Welfare said:

oh god.... its happening.  EVERYBODY RUN!!!

lol.  glad to see you placed an into Kitty.  Welcome to the community.

Don't make me hurt you I'll enjoy it too much 😁

I'm interested in full membership but I'm just worried that with me being on and offline so erratically that it will be a headache for anyone to "mentor" me :c Not sure exactly how you guys do that kinda thing? Thanks everyone for the kind welcomes though, I'd love to play a game with any of you~ 🤓

Awards

Don't make me hurt you I'll enjoy it too much 1f601.png

I'm interested in full membership but I'm just worried that with me being on and offline so erratically that it will be a headache for anyone to "mentor" me :c Not sure exactly how you guys do that kinda thing? Thanks everyone for the kind welcomes though, I'd love to play a game with any of you~ 1f913.png

We strive to make sure that one can be mentored even without a specifically set schedule. I went through candidacy while I was in season, and the folks made sure that I was good to go, so don't worry about an odd schedule, we've seen it before! I hope that helps!

aye, we're happy to be assholes to everyone, schedule or not.
come on then, nobody'll mind an erratic schedule, i'm in Scotland and these lads made it work just fine.

One of the best intros of all timeeeee. :D Glad to read it.

TBH, the mentor is just to give someone a dedicated point person as they go through candidacy. We try to somewhat match mentor schedules and games to help ease the introduction period, since it can be intimidating to just hop into a Discord channel and ask if you can join in with a bunch of strangers. However, any Full Member+ (hell, even some of the long time associates) can answer questions you have about the MadCast way of doing things or goings-on in the community, and I know most members keep an eye out for [C] tags and make an effort to get those people in games. If you don't think you will be able to be around for a good chunk of time during a 30 day period, it's probably best to wait, but if you just have a weird schedule don't worry about it! :D

On 6/9/2018 at 1:33 AM, MadCast: crippledcookie said:

been watching a twitch streamer who has this sound bit and then seeing this title, i had to post it. 

You are my new favorite

Awards

Ok, so post-town hall meeting I have decided I would like to officially apply for full membership and get a mentor~ Just let me know what I need to do moving forward other than just being involved and playing games for events etc.

Awards

make a official introduction on the forums expressing your interest in applying. someone will then message you to let you know they acknowledge your submission and then a mentor will message you. there are a few forum post explaining it all in better detail. if you click on forums and then "new to MadCast" or "introductions" you should get a good idea. 

Edited by MadCast: crippledcookie

Welcome! It's awesome to see more artists as I'm an artist as well. Would love to see some of your work 😊 Hope to see you in the rift!

13 hours ago, MadCast: crippledcookie said:

make a official introduction on the forums expressing your interest in applying. someone will then message you to let you know they acknowledge your submission and then a mentor will message you. there are a few forum post explaining it all in better detail. if you click on forums and then "new to MadCast" or "introductions" you should get a good idea. 

I told her this was okay at the Town Hall last night :)

17 hours ago, Kitty Stark said:

Ok, so post-town hall meeting I have decided I would like to officially apply for full membership and get a mentor~ Just let me know what I need to do moving forward other than just being involved and playing games for events etc.

Very well! Here's the information you need to get started!

You are now a candidate for full membership. When in Discord, please wear the [C] tag as in [C] Kitty Stark. In one month the Senior Full Members will vote on your membership. Should you pass, you will become a full member. You will then be required to wear the MadCast: Kitty Stark tag. Should you fail, you may reapply and the candidacy period will begin again.

You have been assigned the following FM+ to mentor you through the candidacy process: MadCast: Baal. Please attempt to contact your mentor in the next few days. They will be looking for you as well. They will be your primary resource for community related questions and will have a mid-candidacy check in about two weeks into the candidacy period.

A few tips for a successful candidacy:

* Please familiarize yourself with the MadCast Code of Conduct that all must abide by. Check out the New to MadCast section for more useful information!

* Be active on the forums! Check it regularly and participate when possible. If you find something interesting then share it! Chances are someone else will find it interesting as well. Being active on the forums is a good habit to learn, and is one of the main criteria noticed during your candidacy.

* Join us on Discord! Even if you don't have a mic you're welcome to listen in. Being active on Discord and playing with other members is the best way to be noticed around the community!
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Cy5WX6B

* Use the same name on both the forums, Discord, and in-game when possible. If not possible make sure people know who you are! We rely on feedback from our members when evaluating full membership and they can't give positive reviews for you if they don't know who you are.

* Join the MadCast Public Group to make it easy for us to contact you, and for updates on Steam

If you are having a problem please attempt to contact your mentor first if they are available. If not please contact an RFM or SFM. If a Staff member is needed the admins will consult them. A list of admins can be found at this link.

Last but not least the requirement for you to even be eligible to be voted on can be found here.