Sign in to follow this  
Usefully Useless

Music Thread

Something I've always found interesting in guilds / clans is the music interest. I've discovered quite a bit of good music through things like this. I messaged Baal this song / video because we share an interest in metal.

If you have a strong attachment to a genre / song post it here so maybe we can see whom we may share some common interests with!

Power Metal song: 

I don't mind a good bit of Power metal myself, my favourites tend to be the sort of bands such as Amon Amarth

However, my taste in music is quite eclectic, and i find myself enjoying music from present and continuing back several thousand years.
One of the most rare likes i have is an instrument i picked up a number of months ago, called the Carnyx, its a hell of a lot of fun to play, and quite unique.

My musical taste has a pretty wide range, and while I have my favorites I (at least so far) enjoy all the music posted so far in this thread. I'm actually going to Rock USA next weekend with Support Welfare and am really excited to see Halestorm live! 😁 I also enjoy music by Kesha, Falling in Reverse, Panic at the Disco, A Day to Remember, Don McLean, Eminem, etc... basically anything that isn't "pop country" or angry unintelligible screaming.

That being said, I've always had a personal love of "story songs", especially the older ones. Kris Kristofferson is one of my all-time favorite crooners, and this is one of my favorite songs by him.

Awards

Muuuuuusic yasssss. I listen to a lot a lot of 90s alternative, 70s and 80s classic rock, and 00's nu metal, some punk, whatevs. I sort of stuck to that stuff for almost a decade without getting into new stuff for some reason, so I've been working on listening to any and everything. There is so much talent out there. A friend recently linked me to Silversun Pickups, and I've been listening to this song a lot. 

https://youtu.be/DYd57rkvnpQ

Hey all. Love seeing people's differing musical tastes and it's a long running topic of interest here.

tracked down an older thread with an absurd number of posts, so in the interest of consolidation, continue this conversation here

4 hours ago, dae said:

Muuuuuusic yasssss. I listen to a lot a lot of 90s alternative, 70s and 80s classic rock, and 00's nu metal, some punk, whatevs. I sort of stuck to that stuff for almost a decade without getting into new stuff for some reason, so I've been working on listening to any and everything. There is so much talent out there. A friend recently linked me to Silversun Pickups, and I've been listening to this song a lot. 

https://youtu.be/DYd57rkvnpQ

OMG I have wanted to know the artist /name of song for THAT SONG for YEARS!!

1 hour ago, Usefully Useless said:

OMG I have wanted to know the artist /name of song for THAT SONG for YEARS!!

No way?! What are the chances!! Glad I could accidentally help. 

PS listen to panic switch by them also

Edited by dae
Added song name