ArcaneArcher651

Champion pool question

Hey all, so Ive been playing league since 2011 and I’ve been an Adc/support, plat 5 player which dropped to Gold and placed silver 5 this season “yikes”. I have talked to many of players about a “champion pool” and to focus on one to two champs to consistently play. My question is, should I stick to one or two champs and play, even though It’s not meta or do I expand my play and focus on meta picks? I try to keep practicing new picks, since the meta is all types of weird this patch. Any comments/tips would be appreciated!

Oh I know I’m silver 2 now and stuck since I dropped so hard. I held a solid two/three picks to play every game but as the meta is changing I’ve been practicing against these double mage lanes. Crazy patch 

Hmm... I would think a healthy mix of both would help. Meta champs are usually, not always, the stronger champs on the patch so your chances of winning are much higher on those champs, but if you are skilled enough on a champ then regardless of meta you can still find wins against a lot of the meta picks. 

Awards

Especially when below diamond, skill, and frankly, enjoyment on a champ or two is quite valuable, but you, I think however, that you should still have a decently large pool, At a semi changing pool or six or seven champs with two or three core champs (my two)

Awards

Especially when below diamond, skill, and frankly, enjoyment on a champ or two is quite valuable, but you, I think however, that you should still have a decently large pool, At a semi changing pool or six or seven champs with two or three core champs (by my sense at least)

(My apologies about the two posts my computer is behaving oddly, and I don't know how to delete)

Edited by MadCast: majorhoward

Awards

In terms of straight climbing in ranked, focusing on 1-2 champions is probably the best way to do it, but in terms of getting better in general, playing a variety of champions will improve your overall skill level, since you will touch on more mechanics than what your 1-2 main champions need to focus on.

Awards

1 hour ago, MadCast: Pushover said:

In terms of straight climbing in ranked, focusing on 1-2 champions is probably the best way to do it, but in terms of getting better in general, playing a variety of champions will improve your overall skill level, since you will touch on more mechanics than what your 1-2 main champions need to focus on.

This. Purely learning match ups based on the other side is amazing for learning your limits in matchups. If you get railed by certain champs, play them and figure out what their kits are and the weaknesses. Then it becomes a game of chess

Awards

I usually go to op.gg and compare my winrate on a champion to the global winrate of the champion. If I have a good winrate I play them in ranked still.