2 hours ago, Parmejon Cheese said:

Has there ever been any discussion of having a MadCast app? I finally got the website to work on my phone but I figured I’d ask... it would be nice for notifications and whatnot.

I've always worked with using the site on my phone, but I know there are others that utilize Tapatalk.

Edited by MadCast: Epic

18 hours ago, MadCast: Epic said:

I've always worked with using the site on my phone, but I know there are others that utilize Tapatalk.

It would be a lot of work, but I could see an app being used, a lot actually. Especially if we integrated Discord into the website/app more like has been discussed a little before.

Not that anything is wrong with the mobile site really, just another way to be out there. 

Awards

Does anyone have any experience creating apps?

Again, not that there is anything wrong with the mobile site.

Edited by MadCast: Icarus

Awards

I've tried to find the forum on Tapatalk, but no luck, and it seems like the last time someone posted from Tapatalk (based on signatures) was 2016.

If someone else knows different, I'd love to know. I just find their interface smoother for mobile, and it's easy to keep up with new conversations.

On 8/4/2018 at 2:24 AM, Suixide22 said:

I've tried to find the forum on Tapatalk, but no luck, and it seems like the last time someone posted from Tapatalk (based on signatures) was 2016.

If someone else knows different, I'd love to know. I just find their interface smoother for mobile, and it's easy to keep up with new conversations.

I actually used to primarily use Tapatalk to read the forums. However, when I upgraded my phone and downloaded an updated version of the app, I could no longer find MadCast in my list of subscriptions. I mainly used Tapatalk to read the forum and didn't actively post using it, so I'm wondering if a general lack of "posting" contributed to it disappearing from the app or if it somehow became incompatible with the newer version. I don't know much about creating apps or how any of the compatibility works, so this is really just conjecture. 

There's nothing wrong with the mobile site, and I definitely still use it to keep up while I'm on the go, although I did prefer Tapatalk's interface more. 

In regards to an app, I think that would take a lot of time and effort to do. It would be really nice, but unless someone was very charitable with their time, I think it would be difficult to do something like that. I think there would also be the matter of whether it would be a free app versus a paid app. I personally would not mind paying for a MadCast app, because I  think it would be deserved, but I feel like we would need a big enough support group for the developer to make it worthwhile. There have always been extremely kind and generous MadCast members who have gone out of their way to make the community better so, if someone were to step forward for this in particular, I think they would deserve due recompense.

Just my thoughts!

Awards