MadCast: Mike

MadCast League Season IV Registration

MadCast League Season IV
Opening Day: September 1

MadCast Full Members and Candidates, season IV of our season-based event is upon us. After a successful first three seasons that proved to be very fun for those who participated, we are looking forward to the fourth season, and to continue to build on this awesome experience! Please take note of some big rule changes, which are bolded for ease of access.

Team Rules/Registration:

• Registration deadline: August 24 at 11:59 P.M. EST
  • Draft date: August 25 at 9:00 P.M. EST
  • Must have a captain designated for each team. The captain shall be designated by the admin in charge of the event.
  • Captains will be selected by admins and seeded, and a draft shall take place at the captains’ earliest convenience after the registration deadline, where all players are eligible to be taken at any time.
  • By being selected as a captain, you must attend the captains’ meeting/draft on August 25th.
  • Must be a Full Member or current Candidate to register.
  • By registering, you are inherently agreeing to the MadCast event Attendance Policy, and you are expected to adhere to it.
    • To adequately adhere to the event policy, you must be available for at least one match over the course of the season. Failure to abide by the Attendance Policy in this manner will result in administrative action against your participation from future season(s).

In-Game Rules:

• All members must observe and abide by the MadCast Code of Conduct at all times
  • Members of the teams are encouraged to be online and out of game at least 15 minutes before match time.
  • Starting players must be declared by request of the opposing captain if there are more than 5 players present. This should be requested and completed at least 15 minutes before the start of the match.
  • Matches are a series of best of 3 games
  • All matches are to be played on Summoner’s Rift with 10-ban Tournament Draft
  • Teams must have at least 4 members of the team present to participate
  • Teams get one non-technical related “time-out” pause, and one pause for game and technical issues per match in the regular season.
  • The non-technical “time-out” is not to exceed 60 seconds.
  • Technical issue time-outs are indefinite to a reasonable extent. If after 10 minutes the member cannot rejoin the game and a substitute is present:
    • If the game is under the 10 minute mark, the game shall be remade with the substitute after all courses of action are taken to reconnect, with the original player eligible to start the next game if the issue has been resolved.
    • If the game is past the 10 minute mark, the captain of the affected team may request a remake of the game from the other team’s captain. This would be a  “friendly quit”, where the match is restarted with a substitute. BOTH captains must agree to this.
  • In the event of any in-game dispute, the admins reserve the right to take action they deem necessary.

Substitutions:

• With the expanded roster sizes, only players registered on your team may participate.
    • This means that NO unregistered alternates, no matter who they are, are permitted to participate for your team
  • In the case of not enough members present to play, the team may elect to play 4 vs. 5, or forfeit the game.
  • An admin may approve the addition of a similarly ranked Full Member or Candidate if a team has a need of players in order to play matches or fill the roster adequately if a team member becomes inactive or disciplinary action is taken against them.

Scheduling:

• AS WITH LAST SEASON, THERE WILL BE NO DYNAMIC SCHEDULING, YOU MUST PLAY ON EITHER THE DEFAULT OR SECONDARY TIME SLOTS UNLESS AN ADMIN APPROVES.
  • All regular season matches will be scheduled as follows:
    • Each team is expected to complete one match (best of 3 games) biweekly against another team
    • Each match will be scheduled for every other Saturday at 9 P.M. EST by default, with the first matches commencing on Start Date on September 1 at 9 P.M.
  • If a team cannot participate at the assigned time:
    • The match is to be played on the following day (Sunday) at 9 P.M. EST
    • The captain of the rescheduling team must have notified the other captain in the 'Schedule Change PM' by the Tuesday at noon EST before the match. Any attempts after that will only be recognized if the other captain chooses to accept. Failure to abide by this will result in forfeiture of the match if your team does not show.
  • Admins are authorized to allow regular season match extensions in the case of extenuating circumstances, as deemed necessary by the admin.

Score Reporting:

• If an admin is present, the score will be directly reported by the admin, and no action is necessary. If there is no admin present:
  • The team captain of the team that won the match is expected to take screenshots of the post-game scoreboard of ALL games played in the series (Not just the games that team won) and PM them to me.
  • In the event of a dispute, the admins reserve full right to declare a forfeit, declare an outcome null, or any other action deemed necessary.

Season:

• The league season will consist of a set number of games (once the amount of teams is decided), with a tournament culminating at the end. The seeds will be based off of regular season records.
  • In the event of a tie of regular season records, the first tiebreaker is head-to-head record between the teams, if the head-to-head record is the same, then:
    • There will be a one-GAME playoff between the tied teams for seeding purposes

Tournament Format:

• The tournament will consist of biweekly, best 2 out of 3 matches to determine who advances.
  • The tournament round will alternate, for example, in the case of 4 teams:

Weekend 1: 1 vs. 4 game
Weekend 2: 2 vs. 3 game
Weekend 3: BYE
Weekend 4: Finals between winner of Weekend 1 vs. Weekend 2

Registration Procedures:

• Members may sign up as a free agent to be assigned to a team
  • Free agents shall be put into a draft pool to be selected by captains.

Free agents shall register in this thread as follows:

Player Name: XXXXX

Level: XXXXX

Preferred Roles: 

I am signing up as a free agent.

I am/am not willing to captain.

Any team that plays a match in MadCast League may have the opportunity to have their games casted and recorded on Twitch. By signing up, you authorize anyone who streams or records on behalf of MadCast to use your display name(s), likeness and gameplay for public viewing and recruiting efforts. The games that are streamed and recorded may also be posted on the website.

Questions and concerns may be posted in this thread, or PM’d to me. We are looking forward to providing and supporting this League through its Seasons at MadCast, and I hope to see you all taking part. Good Luck!

Edited by MadCast: Mike

Player Name: MadCast Racer

Level: 87

Preferred Roles: Top, Jungle

YAYYYYYY MadCast League!

Also First!

Edited by MadCast: RacerDelux

Awards

Player Name: MadCast Icarus

Level: 89

Preferred Roles: Fill (prefer AD/Top)

I am willing to captain.

eff you racer I wanted to be first :(

Awards

Player Name: I Am Soare|

Level: 25

I am signing up as free agent!

unwilling to captain i do not have enough knowlege to do so 

Player Name: MadCast TheMajor

Level: 142

Preferred Roles : Top and Mid (in no particular order)

Unwilling to be captain as i don't have enough knowledge of the MadCast player base. 

Player Name: Chick Fil Atio

Level: 70

Preferred Role: JG heavily. Can Support if needed. 

I am not willing to captain.

Player Name: TheMaesen

Level: 98

Preferred Roles: Jungle / Anything but top

I am signing up as a free agent. (aren't we all signing up as free agents? lol)

I am willing to captain.

Yea wait a minute only my team can be free agents.

Edited by MadCast: Icarus

Awards

Player Name: Kitty Stark

Level: 61

Preferred Roles: Mainly ADC, can comfortably fill in Support, Mid if I knew ahead of time it was needed and could practice a little

Rank: 3/10 Provisional games done? 😂 Last season I was B4 but they changed the formula a lot... I am trying my best to grind out the rest of my placements!

I am willing to shotcall but not willing to captain.

In the interest of giving open information to anyone who may wish to draft me, I will most likely only be able to compete in a match every other month due to it going so late in my time zone and my husband working a swing shift job. If there is an odd amount of free agents feel free to default me to a substitute or just eliminate me from the draft entirely. I don't want to hold anyone up and I'm not nearly good enough at the game to justify getting priority if/when I'm usually not present for actual matches. That being said, I REALLY want to try to participate because I have always wanted to play a full team for Ranked and I know it would help me improve greatly.

Edited by MadCast: Kitty Stark

Awards

Player Name: Ghonzoh

Level:68

Preferred Roles: (MID or Support) 

Player Name: TikiSoCheeky

Level: 101

Preferred Roles: Mid or Support 

I am not willing to captain

Player Name: ˉIrelia Mainˉ

Level: 152 (atm)

Preferred Roles: Top/Adc 

I am/am not willing to captain.

Player Name: Pushover

Level: 114

Preferred Roles: Top or Support

Edited by MadCast: Pushover

Awards

Player Name: StargazerLilli

Level: 53

Preferred Roles: Mid or Adc. Can also Support.

Rank: Unknown (Plan on doing my rank matches very soon and will update it.)

I am signing up as a free agent

I am willing to be captain. I might not be good at it though.

On 7/30/2018 at 10:27 AM, MadCast: majorhoward said:

Player Name: MadCast TheMajor

Level: 142

Preferred Roles : Top and Mid (in no particular order)

Unwilling to be captain as i don't have enough knowledge of the MadCast player base. 

You forgot adc! :P x3

Player Name: XsonaXbabyX

Level: 56 (I think)

Preferred Roles: Support. I can mid if I must but I am most certainly not good at it.

Unwilling to be captain due to not knowing really anything about it. 

Player Name: exgameplayer

Level: 100`

Preferred Roles: Support/Fill 

I am willing to captain should the need arise but would prefer not to.

Edited by MadCast: Exgameplayer