MadCast: VoShay

Dungeon World PbP Game Thread

Recommended Posts

Please only post in this thread if you are a participant.  Post here if you are interested in commenting on stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Welcome to the Dark Continent. Discovered only ten years ago, a massive race to explore, colonize, and seize the continent's assets are underway. However, the exploitation is opposed by the deep, dark jungle and the creatures that live within. Ancient temples, ruined cities, and indigenous tribes await those brave enough to enter. The first to settle the area are the dwarves- who jealously guard the areas they have claimed and push further mile by mile, day by day. Will others be able to work with them or dislodge them? What truly terrifying and amazing secrets lie on the Dark Continent?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your boat left you at the only neutral port in the region- Tully's Rock. A small port town that is mostly a watering hole for adventurers loosely aligned with various factions, you spent a week preparing for your journey. You've heard of a temple that has not been raided yet, for the last group to attempt it never returned. Confident in your little party's capability to make war, you set out into the dark jungle and attempt to find a path South East to this temple you've heard of...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

f3a0d563cfb61cadfde8773be79c53be.jpg

 

Silwen takes a moment to stretch as they disembark from the ship. She was never one for the sea, so she relishes the feeling of solid dirt underneath her feet. Being the only neutrally established area in the region so far, the port town is bustling with people. More folks than Silwen was expecting actually. She takes a moment to look around, trying to see if any major trade corporations are noticeable and nearby. It would be advantageous to keep track of the competition....

"Well, friends," She says, turning to her companions after her moment to adjust, "Shall we find some familiar faces and stock up, or should we just head on out to that temple? Early bird gets the worm and all?" 

OOC: By familiar faces, she is insinuating the few members of the Medical College that she knows here.

Edited by MadCast: Vyoletta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Garl.jpg.8a1ab2cab2cd6760a3a2280c83554c40.jpg

Benito steps off the boat after Silwen and wiping the vomit from his mouth. It was an agonizing boat ride for the poor, well-dressed, hansome, well-dressed, semi-clean, and did I mentioned well-dressed halfling. He takes a flask from his belt and takes a swig. "I'm so glad to be on land, sweet land. Promise me we won't go on a boat like that anymore than we have to." Benito steps off to the side waiting for Neulratol to step off the boat. 

Edited by MadCast: Icarus
Adding color to dialogue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

However, Cú Chulainn pushes Neulratol aside, and as he step off the boat, he gives Benito a shove, takes the flask and drains it. "Theres no time for stocking up, theres glory to gain and gold to be plundered, I say that we should set off right now, make our way to the temple and start teaching the 'faithful' the might of my steel" he says, as he removes his ancient sword, passed down generation to generation, from its leather wrappings and tests its edge with his thumb. "and whats with this friends stuff, you're paying us, and giving us chance for plunder and glory, that is it" and so after shaking out his stiff blasted limbs, Cú Chulainn shouts back to Neulratol, "OI, BANA-mHAC DE DHIATHAN NEO-CHLIÙITEACH (bastard son of unkempt gods) YOU COMING OR NOT?"

Edited by MadCast: majorhoward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benito takes out his backup flask which he keeps for this occasion and takes a swig. "I don't understand how you can be so energetic after that voyage Cú. I don't know how any of you kept your food and drink down." 

Edited by MadCast: Icarus
Adding color to dialogue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Image result for bard with mandolin

Thorin offers Neulratol a hand up. "Come now! brawling on the docks seems a poor beginning for a grand tale. Let us be onward to adventure FRIENDS" He finishes a bit louder with a wink to Cú.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Selwin smirks, changing her demeanor. "Ever eager to prove your worth, right Cú?" She nudges him with her elbow sportingly. "Indeed, I paid you, but I'm sure you wouldn't say no to a friendly competition. Let's keep track of our kills and compare them afterward. I'm sure you won't lose to this "frilly elf." Her eyes glimmer with humor and challenge but her tone maintains its friendly cadence.  She looks around at Neulratol, Thorin, and Benito, hoping they will join in the off-color team building.  

After a beat, she continues. "Well, we seem to have a consensus. Where shall we head to first?" She seems to ask this question mostly to herself. Her eyes scan the surrounding area. 

krissydear:2D6+3 → 9(5 +1 + 3)#SpoutLore

She turns north and looks up beyond the port to the jungle. Surprisingly, a temple is sitting in plain view upon a hill. Most decisively, it is the temple they are meant to visit. "Well, that's convenient." She points it out to her companions and then starts heading in that direction. "Looks to be about a days trip... Last call for a proper bathroom break."

(I thought everyone had posted. I apologize for skipping Neulratol's turn to respond/post! Please feel free to interrupt my character.)

 

Edited by MadCast: Vyoletta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

I take Thorin's hand with a thank you as I get up from the ground.  "Well that was uncalled for Cú Chulainn.  For better or for worse we are together on this venture and it will not do well to cause each other trouble before the journey even starts.  However I will none-the-less say a prayer for your lost soul in the hopes it might not be swallowed entirely by your blinding blood lust."

"Now with that out of the way," I stride over to Benito and swipe my hat back, "you have been rolling over sense we left and yet you still find the time to swipe my hat. . . AND GET YOUR EXPENDED LUNCH ALL OVER IT!  You would do well to mind Corentia, as she doesn't take kindly to those who mock men of the cloth."

Shooting, Silwen, a quizzical look, "Whats our next move?"

(Assume this takes place before Vyoletta's post with "Spout Lore")

Bald Cleric for PbP forum game.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

"I promise I didn't mean to get any vomit on your hat Neulratol and the little bit I did get on I cleaned thoroughly. After all that hat is a trophy and trophies are meant to stay clean." Benito takes a good look at the hustle and bustle of the port town hoping to spot someone who could aid new arrivals get around town. 

MadCastIcarus rolls 2d6 = 4 #Discern Realities (link because it was messing up). 

Unfortunatly due to his 3'2" height, Benito sees nothing above crotch level (and there is a very underdressed dwarf barbarian in the vicinity). "We'd best keep our business to ourselves while we are in town. You never know what shifty characters are after the same goal."

Edited by MadCast: Icarus
Color to dialogue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

"Shifty characters indeed, these wouldn't happen to be friends of yours, would they Benito?" Cú looks around the busy town. "I say again that we get out of the pox ridden hellhole and get to some good proper work, and by the way Neulratol, blood lust isn't blinding if that is all i need see."
[2d6+9=19 link] [corrected to full 10]

Thanks to his enduring distrust of civilization, Cú had long ago learned what to REALLY be paranoid about in towns (not that he wasn't paranoid about everything in civilization). What he did see in particular, was a group of people who didn't fit into the hustle OR the bustle of the town, and so Cú thinks to himself  "I really need, is to get some exercise in, and that lot looks like just the right equipment to do the job" and so says to the rest of the group  "look at that lot of bleeding toy soldiers over there, I say we get on our way, and lay an ambush for them partway to the temple."

Edited by MadCast: majorhoward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I know no one on this continent except for you fine folks. I agree, we should go towards the temple and lay an ambush for anyone who follows. At the very least we can rid ourselves of any threats to our rear and if we can take someone alive we might be able to gather some information." I hope this doesn't make us too many enemies in town but something like this would be self defense if someone was following us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

"You know, I've always wondered what it would be like to have battle music. Let's get to it!" She grins and starts to make way for the lot of them. "We should go around a different way and then set up the ambush. Maybe... hide in the shrubs? The jungle is pretty dense and should give good coverage." She nods to herself, thinking: This is a great first test to see how we work as a team. Plus we can get some good loot out of it hopefully... I also want to figure out who they are...  The path in the jungle is very dense and humid, which makes the atmosphere uncomfortable, but they manage to cut around the group and get in ahead of them. Having moved about a mile ahead, Silwen stops and motions for them all to crouch. They take cover behind some of the dense jungle shrubberies and lay in wait. As the group finally approaches, Silwen takes the initiative and jumps quickly in front of the group to try to get the first blows in, perhaps lightly shoving her companions on the way... just to gain the head start, you see! "The first one to 10 doesn't have any camp duties for a week! That fair, gentlemen?" She shouts over her shoulder.

She manages to take her duelists' stance in front of the first row of explorers. They are definitely surprised by her sudden appearance, but before they can speak, she tries to make her move. 

krissydear:2D6+2 → 10(5 +3 + 2)#ArcaneBladework+Mirage krissydear:1D8+1 → 5(4 + 1)

The blade of her rapier glows and then her image flickers. Suddenly, there are two more versions of her at her sides. With quick work, she slashes her rapier and the three of them topple over. Silwen glances over her shoulder with a competitive smirk, "Well, boys? 3 for me!" She says, very much expecting at least one of them to come running past her. 

Edited by MadCast: Vyoletta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Where once a dozen men stood, now only nine stand. They prepare for the fight ahead by drawing into a formation and pulling their rapiers and shields. They look grim and ready for a fight. Perhaps the expected as much?

Stats: Human Explorers Horde, Intelligent, Cautious, Hoarder Rapier (d6 damage, + 1 piercing); 3HP; 2 armor; Close

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I jump out from my hiding spot behind a massive tree to help Silwen and press the attack.

"Take this you heathens.  May your deity pardon your evils in this life for I will not."

Spell evoked: Magic Missile -embed?X35676898

My heart grows heavy for the life I've taken and my deity punishes me for doing so.  My deity has revoked this spell until I commune with them again.

 embed?X35676609 DMG=6

"Well thats 1 point for the holy man I suppose." 

In silent prayer.  Corentia, watch over this poor mans soul as it travels between worlds.

Edited by MadCast: Support Welfare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Not one to be outdone in matters of warfare and bloodshed, Cú charges headlong into the fray, bellowing one of his many war cries, "Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feòil" (sons of the hound, come here and get flesh)
2d6+1=6
Unfortunately, nobody understands, and seeing the seemingly ridiculously lightly clothed dwarf charging their direction. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dwarf charges at the enemy, who certainly do not understand what he said. They do, however, understand that a well-armed, nearly naked dwarf is running headlong into their formation. They square up and, as a group, stab rapiers forward towards the charging dwarf like mini-polearms.

VoShay:9D6H +1 → 7(highof 1; 1; 6; 1; 3; 6; 1; 1; 1 = 6 + 1)#Rapier Phalanx Damage

The rapiers pierce skin where they don't bounce off hardened flesh or whirling weapon, and the dwarf bleeds from a half-dozen flesh wounds. 

What do you do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cú, his blood boiling with the battle joy that is so familiar to him, rages on despite his wounds and hacks at the enemy formation, 
[2d6+2=9 using Hack and Slash]
[and does 2d10+2=8 damage, Messy, Forceful]
His weapon knocks the first opponent back, and cleaves on to pierce the flesh of the man to his right, dealing damage there as well.
Still screaming with fury, he shouts
"come on and get it then you snot faced sons of chicken whelped mothers"

 

Edited by MadCast: majorhoward
edited for structure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Cú, if you're done flailing around like a mad man allow me to heal you before you charge back in and get yourself killed."

By the light of Corentia, be healed. 

embed?X35680134

The enemy is eyeing me looking for an opportunity to attack after they find that I can heal any damage they do.

"Be well Cú.  Let the light fill you and heal your wounds."  heal for 6 hp

embed?X35680164

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

The six men scatter before Cu and regroup, each three man group charging. One group charges Theron, brandishing blades. The other group grab Neuratol by the arms and start to pull him down, readying to skewer him.

What do you do?

 

[if the next two moves don’t answer these situations, bad things will happen to those people. Remember to mark exp for rolling a 6 or lower.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benito hops out from behind some cover, waiting until the moment was right to strike, firing his bow and attacking the bandits around Neuratol. Unfortunately Benito's shot was blocked by the body of Neuratol and he had to move close to one of the bandits to get a clean shot off.

MadCastIcarus: 2D6+2 → 9 (4 +3 + 2) #volley

Dealing: MadCastIcarus: 1D8+2 → 9 (7 + 2) #damage

"I got your back priest! Watch out Theron!" Benito drops the Explorer about to stab Neuratol but one of the other explorers stabs Benito in the side.

MadCastIcarus: 1D6+1 → 5(4 + 1) #damage

The armor takes a some of the blow but the thin blade pierces Benito's side dealing 4 damage out of 21 Maximum. (I think)

Benito screams in pain, "You bastard! Do you know how much this waistcoat costs!?"

Edited by MadCast: Icarus
Adding damage that I took.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Thorin readies his rapier as the enemy approaches

embed?X35681631

embed?X35681651

Thorin takes the first by surprise with a deft strike to the neck dealing 1 DMG but is unable to defend against the other two attackers.

embed?X35681803

Thorin takes 1 DMG 

 

 

Edited by MadCast: Lunalesk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now